Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is It OK For A Provider To Force You To Write Good Comments About Them? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is It OK For A Provider To Force You To Write Good Comments About Them?

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Member
    edited April 2012

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There is the image with the Personal Message that he has sent to me. Also, here is the WHT thread that he got mad about: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1148149. Oh, He is also banned on WHT. LOL

• "You dont see me going around out of my way to make you look bad. I expect the same from you." Just by saying that, you're basically forcing me to say good things about your host.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

He forgot a really important part of that message. I really am not a bad person, and I have really tried to avoid confrontation. It was meant to be a simple question, I have just been extremely tired lately and that didnt come out as intended.

• Chris

@Jeffrey said: you're basically forcing me to say good things about your host.

You should have had nothing to say.

• To be fair, I have things to say about Hostigation, SecureDragon, and a couple of other hosts frequently. I'm also a paying client, and since I've had some pretty good service from the providers I retain services at, I'll frequently give them props and send a client their way when we're sold out.

I don't think I should be silenced of expressing my opinions from my experiences just because I also happen to be a provider.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • @CVPS_Chris said: You should have had nothing to say.

Everyone has something to say. There is no need to be intimidating customers.

@aldryic,

I said I was sorry, and my wording was not the best. What else do you guys need from me to understand Im not some asshole that sits around and just wants to cause trouble. I have enough of that in real life haha. I dont need it here.

@justinb said: Everyone has something to say. There is no need to be intimidating customers.

Hes a host, not a customer.

• DerekDerek Member

@CVPS_Chris said: He forgot a really important part of that message. I really am not a bad person, and I have really tried to avoid confrontation. It was meant to be a simple question, I have just been extremely tired lately and that didnt come out as intended.

Someone's stock just took a huge hit, not only did you apologise but you just publicly acknowledge what @Jeffery stated was not slander.

• @CVPS_Chris I just find it rather odd that you typed this long message after I posted all of this publicly. Sure, I may have gone overboard, but it is all over. You'll just have to move on in order to fix this issue. In a couple of days you and I will both be over this.

• @CVPS_Chris said: Hes a host, not a customer.

Hosts can be customers. You're a customer too.

• Nah, I was just clarifying on the general sentiment of 'providers shouldn't comment' (first mentioned by Pyto and Corey) on the basis that some of us are clients as well as hosts :P

@Jeffrey said: In a couple of days you and I will both be over this.

Already over it, just be happy Im on my good side right now since its my birthday =D

• DerekDerek Member
    edited April 2012

@CVPS_Chris said: Already over it, just be happy Im on my good side right now since its my birthday =D

Happy birthday buddy :).

May I offer a suggestion, turn the computer off for a bit, open a bottle of scotch and enjoy the peace and quiet of the night and day. Go watch TV and relax before you make your reputation worse.

Thanked by 3Jeffrey NanoG6 Steve81
  • Happy birthday.

Night guys.

Thanked by 2Jeffrey netomx
  • I find it amusing providers rent VPS's from each other for personal use :)

• @taipres why not? I mean you may need one for external monitoring point, for secondary name server, etc.

Thanked by 1Boltersdriveer
  • subigosubigo Member
    edited April 2012

@taipres said: I find it amusing providers rent VPS's from each other for personal use :)

I've used other vps providers for years, especially if they are in the same datacenter. Much cheaper for testing and backups than getting another server.

@rds100 I suppose we just have different business philosophies, if I were to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on my own koolaid, you better believe i'd be drinking my own koolaid... not my compeitiors ;) Otherwise why should customers? if even you, the owner use a compeitiors services, why shouldn't they? lol. The only exception to this would be if I was small time and really needed to squeeze out every sale I could for survival, or if I was trying to help out a less successful business.

• @taipres you have a point, however if your own koolaid is usually in one physical location and there are things for which you need geographical diversity - like i mentioned for external monitoring probes and for secondary DNS servers geographical diversity is strongly recommended.

And besides i don't consider someone on the other end of the world a competitor :) They would be a competitor only if one of their customers leaves them to join us or if one of our customers leaves us to join them. However considering geography, etc. i doubt this would ever happen.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

Yeah redudancy is a good thing, I was

@rds100 said: @taipres you have a point, however if your own koolaid is usually in one physical location and there are things for which you need geographical diversity - like i mentioned for external monitoring probes and for secondary DNS servers geographical diversity is strongly recommended.

Fair enough, I don't disagree, I guess it depends on ones situation, and goals.

@rds100 said: And besides i don't consider someone on the other end of the world a competitor :) They would be a competitor only if one of their customers leaves them to join us or if one of our customers leaves us to join them. However considering geography, etc. i doubt this would ever happen.

Facebook was just a shimmer in the eye of Myspace when it was dominating 100+ million strong back in the day, and look at it each company today :) Granted Myspace Tom recently said on his Google+ that he was scared of Facebook back then even though they were so small, but who knows.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2012

@taipres said: Otherwise why should customers? if even you, the owner use a compeitiors services, why shouldn't they?

That's the beauty of LEBs though, very few people buy just one LEB, they buy multiples for different locations or uses. I don't even view BlueVM, ChicagoVPS, BuyVM, Hostigation, etc... as competition which is why I love the LEB market.

That being said, BuyVM's IP provides an AWESOME selection on Netflix that my home IP does not have access to which is one reason alone that's worth me having a BuyVM VPS.

I can definitely see your mindset, and if I were manufacturing a product (like koolaid) I would agree, but when selling a service in a field where nobody offers the same service there are a lot of reasons to purchase from other providers for personal and business uses. For example, if buying a $2/mo VPS for 1 year saves me $1,600 then why would that be a bad business move to purchase that $2/mo VPS from a competitor?

Thanked by 2lbft Jeffrey
  • HAHA I knew it.

LOOSING

• flyfly Member

LOSING

ftfy

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

To be honest no one can force you to do anything over the internet.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@KuJoe said: That being said, BuyVM's IP provides an AWESOME selection on Netflix that my home IP does not have access to which is one reason alone that's worth me having a BuyVM VPS.

Really? I assume you're in the US - is Netflix offering a better selection in Canada?

@VMPort said: HAHA I knew it.

LOOSING

You must be an idiot.

• @CVPS_Chris said: You must be an idiot.

At the side of you, yes i must be... Since you are superior in every way, shape and form. Or did i mean arrogant? Hmmm