Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SeFlow.net -SSD Cloud with DC redundancy from 0.004/h (2.88€/month). Charge 5€ and get 20€!!! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SeFlow.net -SSD Cloud with DC redundancy from 0.004/h (2.88€/month). Charge 5€ and get 20€!!!

Comments

• It's seems like the price is different when you create actual servers. A 512 MB RAM, 20 GB HDD, 1 Gbit/s port, 1 IP is €0.0081968/hour = €5.9/mo

Is this price correct @matteob or to VAT come on top of this when I'm charged?

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited March 2014

matteob said: 1core is free

Where does it say that on the website?

So i can sign up now, create a VM and pay only for 384MB RAM and 5GB storage?

• @myhken said:

It's seems like the price is different when you create actual servers. A 512 MB RAM, 20 GB HDD, 1 Gbit/s port, 1 IP is €0.0081968/hour = €5.9/mo

Is this price correct matteob or to VAT come on top of this when I'm charged?

hi, price are correct. as i said before with only 1 vm you not need to pay first CPU and first tb bandwidth.

I'm correcting the online configuration to avoid misunderstanding :)

What's yor first impression on the service?

• matteob said: What's yor first impression on the service?

Seems OK. Simple interface, easy to create a new server, lots of features. So not to bad.
    The server is responding fast, will test the connection to my other EU servers in a moment.

Do you charge for line speeds on server #2 etc, or can I get 1 gbit/s connection free of charge on all servers I create?

• @myhken said:

Incoming bandwidth is always free. If you had your own network we can announce for free on platform. If you want transfer between your vm, bandwidth is free on private nic. You can create for free following that video: http://www.domflow.it/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=45

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    If SeFlow sends guys like matteob around to promote their business i would highly recommend anyone to avoid this provider and go with Prometeus if you need a VM in Italy

Fix your attitude. It's okay to have concerns, but you don't have to tell a provider to "fuck off".
    Actually seflow provides the DDoS protection for prometeus services and they are by far the best budget DDoS protection provider in Europe. I chose them after having nothing but trouble with Ixam-Hosting, OVH and Staminus. Also matteob is a very skilled person who I had contact with several times and he's always trying to offer the best for his clients, e.g. mitigating NTP floods way over the 14gbps protection promised.
    The thread is indeed not very well verbalised, but not everybody in the world speaks flawless English and there are only a few real cloud providers out there and therefore it's definitely worth a mention.

Thanked by 2pechspilz Mark_R
  • myhkenmyhken Member
    edited March 2014

@matteob you misunderstood my question. When I created my server the default network speed was 1mbit/s - I changed it to 1000mbit/s, and it's did not cost any extra.
    Is the price 0 whenever I go for 1mbit, 10mbit, 100mbit or 1000mbit on every server I create?

[root@cloud05 ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=iotest bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -rf iotest 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.97957 s, 360 MB/s

Edit: I see that you don't charge extra for 100mbit or 1000mbit port speed. My bad.

I gets good speeds on my other EU servers. Around 50-70 MB/s (mostly Netherlands servers + Prometeus in Italy, and VULTR in France)

• If one can indeed order a working virtual machine which costs no more than $7/month (excluding VAT), it should be OK by LET's rules.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited March 2014

@myhken said:
    matteob you misunderstood my question. When I created my server the default network speed was 1mbit/s - I changed it to 1000mbit/s, and it's did not cost any extra.
    Is the price 0 whenever I go for 1mbit, 10mbit, 100mbit or 1000mbit on every server I create?

[root@cloud05 ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=iotest bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -rf iotest 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.97957 s, 360 MB/s

Edit: I see that you don't charge extra for 100mbit or 1000mbit port speed. My bad.

I gets good speeds on my other EU servers. Around 50-70 MB/s (mostly Netherlands servers + Prometeus in Italy, and VULTR in France)

my apologies for bad reply. Yes network speed is always free. Everybody, when create vm can choose 1Mbps-2-30-50-100-200 ot wethever they want without any charge. Our idea on that service is that everyone can create packages that fit their needs.

Where does it say that on the website?

Thank you for your advise, i updated it to better explain what's included.

If someone else had doubt or see something not clean on the website i'm happy to assist everyone

Thank you @tr1cky i'm glad to see your words.

Thanked by 1tr1cky
  • @rds100 said:
    If one can indeed order a working virtual machine which costs no more than $7/month (excluding VAT), it should be OK by LET's rules.

It's seems like your first VPS will cost no more then $7/mo, but the price on server #2 and up is much more then that.
    A 512 MB, 20 GB, 1 Gbit/s server costs €13.10/mo after the first server you create. The same server cost only €5.9/mo when you only have one server.

So they are really not a cheap host. @matteob, I'm little disappointed that the price is so different on server #2 and up.
    A 512 MB, 20 GB, 1 Gbit/s server costs $5 at VULTR and DigitalOcean, and €3.6 on iwStack.com

• hi,
    price change because only first CPU core for account is free. If you assign more CPU you need to pay it.

I understand that we're not cheap as vultr or similar, but please consider that we're a real cloud provider

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

For a HA, load balanced, redundant, vlan enabled cloud service with a reputable provider the prices look pretty good to me...

• Cant hold my self to try.. order done, got initial price 5€ using promo code, and after succesful paypay my fund is 20€ now.

Time to benchmark :)

• Ben_Ben_ Member

@roykem
    post your benchmark here. Thanks

• matteob said: I understand that we're not cheap as vultr or similar, but please consider that we're a real cloud provider

I understand that your service is better then VULTR and DO, since you offer real cloud services. But iwStack.com is also a real cloud provider, and a 512 MB server costs almost €10/mo less there.

Still, have nothing to complain about the service I have seen so far, but if this is the price, I can't see why I should stay on, compared with iwStack.com

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited March 2014

@myhken said:
    Still, have nothing to complain about the service I have seen so far, but if this is the price, I can't see why I should stay on, compared with iwStack.com

Is not the same, they use normal SAN, we are full SSD and keep copy of your data in two different datacenter, please remember that this is not a cheap feature. We also give lot of features that other not do. Also i understand that not all customer needs that feature, but is impossible create a project that meets all needs.

If you want see something little cheaper you can checkout cloudone service: https://www.domflow.it/oneplans.php

Idea under this project is not create something cheaper as possible, but create a platform where customer can create a solid project for his business. We want be a partner for companies that think that 20 minutes of downtime is unaccettable. This is our target with that project. For home sites or low quality vps there are lot provider and is easy exchange a full featured provider with own infrastructures with an homemade oneman company.

• Just an example, our hypervisor not had any raid card and all disks are directly connected to the motherboard. Data replication is over dedicated storage network on other datacenter. Here you can find a brief explanation: http://www.domflow.it/vdisks.php

• matteob said: they use normal SAN, we are full SSD

I get 340-360 MB/s with DD command on your server with full SSD and I get 470 MB/s on iwStack.com that "only" have SAN. So 100 MB/s better IO speed with just SAN.

But I don't want to be too negative, will test your service to my credit runs out.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited March 2014

@myhken said:
    But I don't want to be too negative, will test your service to my credit runs out.

Yes this is normal, data are replicated other two building in real time, thats why is little slower. You're not negative, you simply post your impression and is clear that you not need an HA virtual datacenter, but simply a VPS cheaper as possible.

Is like someone that go in ferrari, test car and say: Golf is better because i got it at 12000€ ... uncomparable, different products for different needs ;) pretty easy

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2014

matteob said: a virtual machine with any cpu core, any ram, and 6GB space powered off.

Now, that's a novel approach. You can get a VM for 0.86 EUR/mo, as long as you don't ever try to power it on! Top sleaziness. I assume the LET guidelines now have to be updated, clarifying that the VM has to be powered on and usable, and still fit within the price constraints.

rds100 said: If one can indeed order a working virtual machine which costs no more than $7/month (excluding VAT), it should be OK by LET's rules.

Still not really, the offer link that's featured most prominently leads to a page selling a 8.64 EUR/mo VPS; but indeed, one can find some other offer on their website, for 4.88 EUR/month. But that one is not what is being advertised here in this thread.

So all links to https://www.domflow.it/cloudprezzi.php should be removed,
    and instead a link to https://www.domflow.it/oneplans.php should be added.

• @rm_ said:
    Still not really, the offer that's most prominently featured leads to a page selling a 8.6 EUR/mo VPS; one can indeed fine some other offer on their website, for 3.99 EUR/month. But that one is not what posted here in this thread.

Is not correct because you can power on a vm starting from 2.88/month. Rules talk about $7/monthly and 2.88€ are about 3,9$

edited March 2014

@matteob I have updated my message a bit, see above;
    Also the main complaint stands: I proceed by your offer link, move all sliders to the leftmost position (minimum), and the cost I get is 8.64 EUR/month.

• @myhken said:

DD has very little correlation to actual performance.

• i think you not read full replies on that discussion. I suggest yo uto read all and probably you not updated the page. I changed slider some time ago to better clarify the real prices

edited March 2014

@matteob If you refer to the first CPU core being free, then the slider should read "Additional CPU Cores", and the leftmost position should be "None", costing 0 EUR and with total price updating accordingly.

• Why none? if i write none, people think that there are no CPU core avaiables. Now basic slider is for 2.88€/monthly with a first VPS powered on. this is what a person spend buying from us

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2014

Could this thread title be updated to show full price of a working instance within forum guidelines, please? What I get from all this mess is that for 0.86€/month client doesn't get up and running fully working VPS instance.

matteob said: Now basic slider is for 2.88€/monthly with a first VPS powered on.

If that's the case, then this is what it should be advertised here.

• @Spirit said:
    Could this thread title be updated to show full price of a working instance within forum guidelines, please? What I get from all this mess is that for 0.86€/month you don't get up and running fully working VPS instance.

Hi,
    Updated, but i think rules need to be updated with new technology because vm powered off can be used for lot of other services (used to create personal template, used by load balancer, and much more)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2014

Thank you for update.

VPS or dedicated server offers only. No shared hosting, cloud hosting or other products where the actual users do not get root access.

Ah, come on. Anyone here knows what we are talking about.

• yes sure, i only did a suggestion to prevent future misunderstandings. :-)