Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HP Dual L5520, 24GB RAM, 1TB - $40/mo (24 hour special - Existing customers only)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HP Dual L5520, 24GB RAM, 1TB - $40/mo (24 hour special - Existing customers only)

MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
edited March 2014 in Offers

In case some of you are not on Delimiter's spam list, this is an existing customers only offer. Its 24 hours only (finishes tomorrow) and limited stock.

Eight L5520 cores, 16 threads, VT support

• 2 x Quad Core L5520 Xeon
  • 24GB RAM
  • 1TB Disk (hardware RAID already on board - add second disk for RAID1/RAID0)
  • Gigabit port
  • /29 IPv4 Subnet
  • /64 IPv6 address block
  • Hardware RAID Controller
  • Dedicated KVM (HP Lights Out) with full graphical KVM, virtual media
  • Dedicated Power control (power on/off/reset as required)
  • 25TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
  • OS: Centos, Ubuntu, Scientific Linux, Fedora, Debian, FreeBSD, Windows (bring your own license) or install your own ISO via the Virtual Media
  • Unmanaged
  • Atlanta only

$40/month (payable month-to-month) - Coupon 3B7Q85LCWB

Order Here

Your account needs to have an active server AND must have been maintained in good standing.

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Wow!

• @netomx - Thats what I thought.

In the same message they are taking orders now for servers in NY, LA, Dallas and Minneapolis (not this offer - but similar deals)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited March 2014

25TB @ 1Gbit.. Holy sheet.

I am so getting one.

@MarkTurner How fast are these deployed?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Me wants $5/month server billed quarterly please sir.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited March 2014

@0xdragon - My order is already in ;) I'll let you know

FYI you need to keep your existing server, I just tried to get Steve to cancel my L5639 and move me to L5520.

• @MarkTurner said:
    0xdragon - My order is already in ;) I'll let you know

FYI you need to keep your existing server, I just tried to get Steve to cancel my L5639 and move me to L5520.

Really? Damn. I wanted to move from my $20/mth server to this one..

• I wanted to save some money - I am paying $69/month for an L5639. But can't - its an additional server, not a replacement server.

• lol

# This promotion has not yet started. Please try again later. #

• @Dalcomp - Useless LOL. Let me make a call

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Not new clients?
    I Would have love to get one.

• @Netsat - no existing only for this offer

• K

• @MarkTurner said:

are there any ssd upgrades?

• @wojons - its a standard server so you can add the usual choice of 120/240GB SSD's (Samsung 840 Pro).

• wojonswojons Member
    edited March 2014

@MarkTurner said:
    wojons - its a standard server so you can add the usual choice of 120/240GB SSD's (Samsung 840 Pro).

whats the price of that upgrade. Also if i have x5150 with you and want to "upgrade" to the 5520 does that count as an active account ?

I also just noticed there is no memory upgrade. and i only see the 120gb updrade on the order link.

• No as I said to 0xdragon above, its an ADDITIONAL server. You have to maintain your existing server to get the pricing. I wanted to change my L5639 out under this offer but you have to maintain the original server.

This is why I should have kept the Atom server!

• @wojons - no memory upgrade options on any of Delimiter's servers. We (Yomura) told them if they wanted that we'd charge them $100 per server we had to pull to make custom changes to. They didn't want to pay it.

• @MarkTurner said:
    No as I said to 0xdragon above, its an ADDITIONAL server. You have to maintain your existing server to get the pricing. I wanted to change my L5639 out under this offer but you have to maintain the original server.

This is why I should have kept the Atom server!

maybe someone should talk to steve because this is a good upgrade bath for the people with X5150 its almost double everything other than memory. I currently have 6 X5150 and would upgrade all of them to the 5520 but if i have to keep one of them than i might as well cancel and find another provider that will play ball.

• @Wojons - As of 5 minutes ago there were 3 units left.

Delimiter sells L5520 for $69/month (without restrictions) with gigabit port and a tonne of bandwidth, its the cheapest on the market. Take any of these cheap offers on here for $49, they are 100Mbps, usually the infamous Dell servers with the IPMI problems. If you add the gigabit port and the additional bandwidth most of them are $70+ even with the broken IPMI/KVM. Add another $10/month for a dedicated KVM - $80+

• my dual 5430/16GB just arrived (about 8 hours ago) so just spinning that up now... jumping to dual 5520/24G would be nice but I havent even tested this one yet to know how it will perform for me... timing is everything...

• @MarkTurner said:
    Wojons - As of 5 minutes ago there were 3 units left.

Delimiter sells L5520 for $69/month (without restrictions) with gigabit port and a tonne of bandwidth, its the cheapest on the market. Take any of these cheap offers on here for $49, they are 100Mbps, usually the infamous Dell servers with the IPMI problems. If you add the gigabit port and the additional bandwidth most of them are $70+ even with the broken IPMI/KVM. Add another $10/month for a dedicated KVM - $80+

its more about the princple behind it. Am i an existing customer? Yes. Do i pay my bill on time? Yes. Should they want to keep my busness? I would hope so? the restrictions above seemed more like keeping fraud and 1 monthers away and less about random numcher crunching figuars.

• @SeaEagle - you need to maintain your existing machine, this is the problem with this offer. I wouldn't have posted it if I had known the restriction

• All gone

@mpkossen can you close the thread

• Damn it! Just one more please?

• Ooh damn nice offer!

• @talsit - Email Steve ([email protected]) and ask him to sort it. We (Yomura) have more stock available there so no issues with stock

Thanked by 1talsit
  • @MarkTurner - yeah I got that - if the server is suitable (more location - Im on the other side of the world) I could find use for a second one - but I dont know yet if the response times will be acceptable for my needs... timing... im contemplating ordering one anyway - can always let it go at the end of the month if the first is not fast enough. interesting... what sort of hardware support/warranty does Delimiter supply on these? As these are old units now - if the mainboard dies etc - is it all over or does Delimiter carry spares? At these prices there is no way they are carrying extended warranties.

• Ha... thought about it too long!

• @SeaEagle - Delimiter sits in our (Yomura) datacentre, we provide them the servers. We carry spares of all components at all sites. For example in Atlanta where this offer is based we must have 250-300 of this specific server and around 20 spares and component level stock of everything from DC/DC converters, mobos, processors, RAM, disks.

• @MarkTurner thanks, done.

This discussion has been closed.