Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very Unhappy with HostBluff - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Very Unhappy with HostBluff

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2012

I have to take my positive review back. HostBluff are nothing but Scammers! Scam! Scam! Scam! My server was online for more that 3 hours yesterday!!!!111!!! How shall I keep my website secure if everybody can access it? Beware buyers! Beware!!111!! I will do a chargeback right now. Hell, I will do 3 chargebacks, just to be on the safe side!

I have now switched to A7GZ hosting - They have TREE FRUIT® included in all plans and finally, my website is offline most of the time!

Thanked by 1NateN34
  • BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR
    edited April 2012
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2012

Want beef? ;-)

• Oh, sure. I love beef.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Great, I'll get some for us! Fancy a drink? :-)

• @Amitz: What do you propose? Vodka?

• @jcaleb said: @HostBluff Do you do custom setup? I need vacuum tube dedicated server. i'll send schematic diagram.

Unfortunately we are out of Vacuum Tubes. I may have to buy the Domain http://DoesHostBuffHaveStock.com due to all of the orders we have seen in the past few weeks (PONY Joke)

@Amitz said: I have to take my positive review back. HostBluff are nothing but Scammers! Scam! Scam! Scam! My server was online for more that 3 hours yesterday!!!!111!!! How shall I keep my website secure if everybody can access it? Beware buyers! Beware!!111!! I will do a chargeback right now. Hell, I will do 3 chargebacks, just to be on the safe side!

I have now switched to A7GZ hosting - They have TREE FRUIT® included in all plans and finally, my website is offline most of the time!

Yes, we are a scam, thank you. I am pretty sure we did not have uptime yesterday. Can you provide the ticket number and pingdom report and I will look into it.

• @HostBluff: HostBuff?

• How can I be of (dis)service to you?

• dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
    edited April 2012

@liam said: @hostbluff I have scoured your site, where are these servers located?

Last I heard they were in the back of a 1983 Suburban that's sitting in a junkyard. But they may have upgraded to the 1979 Ford Econoline with a leaky roof and broken windows that was beside it.

• @liam said: I have scoured your site, where are these servers located?

@dmmcintyre3 said: Last I heard they were in the back of a 1983 Suburban that's sitting in a junkyard. But they may have upgraded to the 1979 Ford Econoline with a leaky roof and broken windows that was beside it.

Lo, the 1979 Ford was too reliable. We are actually in the process of moving all servers to our new DataCenter. We took down the network page on HostBluff until done.

Some things to look forward too;
    1) All screws have been removed, replaced with bubble gum removed from park benches
    2) New decommissioned Civil War Era Servers mounted in a Giant Pink Elephant

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@HostBluff said: Lo, the 1979 Ford was too reliable. We are actually in the process of moving all servers to our new DataCenter. We took down the network page on HostBluff until done.

Isn't it more reliable to use your server on a bench in the park?

• @netomx: No, it's not reliable. Anyone can just take it and plug it, giving you uptime.

• @netomx said: Isn't it more reliable to use your server on a bench in the park?

No, its too possible that a good samartin can go and plug in the server. We cannot risk that at all. Our R&D Team is looking at a new, innovative solution we plan to roll out in 2015 (suspending the server above a volcano in Hawaii)

• @liam said: Rain powered interesting.

Sir - We have standards, acid rain only

• laaevlaaev Member

It looks like HostBluff was hacked..

• I love Stan Catswon.

• laaevlaaev Member

@DotVPS said: By someone who loves cats who might that be?

Constantinos / Stan Catswon lol!

• @FTN_Kevin said: Constantinos / Stan Catswon lol!

It looks like your right, We are posting the details of the investigation here = http://hostbluff.com/catastrophic-alert-we-have-been-hacked/

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

I must admit.. this looks like a hairy situation.

• laaevlaaev Member

Keith, any update on the situation ?

• JTRJTR Member
    edited April 2012

WHAT THE HELL!?!?

First of all, my node is UNDERSOLD. How DARE you put me on a undersold node! I expect 10kbps writes, not these 1mb/s writes. Network speeds are horribly high also, I'm not sure why I'm getting 100kbps, as the network is supposed to be OFFLINE. I'm most certainly not getting my 99.75% downtime that I'm paying good money for!

• @JTR said: WHAT THE HELL!?!?

First of all, my node is UNDERSOLD. How DARE you put me on a undersold node! I expect 10kbps writes, not these 1mb/s writes. Network speeds are horribly high also, I'm not sure why I'm getting 100kbps, as the network is supposed to be OFFLINE. I'm most certainly not getting my 99.75% downtime that I'm paying good money fo

I am very sorry, we had to power on the servers and put them on a real serial port to investigate the hacking. You may only see ~90% of downtime this month. We will be issuing SLA debits this month.

• INVESTIGATE hacking?!

What the hell are we paying for? As customers, we have a right to be hacked frequently and with absolutely no involvement on your part.

If my credit card data and site users' info isn't stolen at least once every four weeks, you're not doing your jobs!

• @Ivraatiems said: INVESTIGATE hacking?!

What the hell are we paying for? As customers, we have a right to be hacked frequently and with absolutely no involvement on your part.

If my credit card data and site users' info isn't stolen at least once every four weeks, you're not doing your jobs!

Agreed however they went too far when they hacked our site too. Screw the customers websites

Because it had our staff passwords too, we will take them out and just leave all customer passwords before we re-upload

• IvraatiemsIvraatiems Member
    edited April 2012

@HostBluff I don't understand why your site isn't down more often, either. If you don't hold your own website to the same low standard you hold your customers, how can we trust you?

I for one am disgusted. I might have to go back to HostRail.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • laaevlaaev Member

@Ivraatiems said: I don't understand why your site isn't down more often, either. If you don't hold your own website to the same low standard you hold your customers, how can we trust you?

HostBluff's website must be online at all times so they can continue to scam customers and accept orders

Thanked by 1MeMyselfandLinux
  • Just wondering when you'll have a facebook page and when your prices will go up 60%.
    I'll be interested in major downtime then.

• @FTN_Kevin I realise that, but any reputable host would only accept registrations through http://hostbluff.com/whcms/whcms/whcms/cmswh/cwhms/hwcmh/index.blog.whcms.main.php.