Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very Unhappy with HostBluff - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Very Unhappy with HostBluff

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2012

Would it be possible to have 2xFDD instead of HD space? I love the performance of those modern 3.5" floppies and would like to run them in RAID 1. Ah, and is the 1 MB RAM burstable to 1.5 MB in case I have a sudden rush of visitors to my site that is offline most of the time?

I am so happy with your downtime! I will never forget the uptime desasters that I went through with other providers!

• KMyersKMyers Member
    edited April 2012

@Amitz said: Would it be possible to have 2xFDD instead of HD space? I love the performance of those modern 3.5" floppies and would like to run them in RAID 1. Ah, and is the 1 MB RAM burstable to 1.5 MB in case I have a sudden rush of visitors to my site that is offline most of the time?

Hello, We only run our 3.5" inch floppy drives in a RAID 0. If you want to sacrifice some space, you can go with the 5 1/4" Floppy Disks. We offer 5 1/4" RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10 and RAID 50,000,000 configs. The RAID 50,000,000 requires at least 500,000,000,000 5 1/4" floppy disks.

As far as the Burst RAM, I dont think it is needed. You would be shocked to see how little RAM it takes to display "Page cannot be Displayed", even if the site is Slashdotted.

@Amitz said: I am so happy with your downtime! I will never forget the uptime desasters that I went through with other providers!

Thanks, but we still have room to improve

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2012

I love my HostBluff-Box:

[root@hostbluff ~]# ./bench.sh
    CPU model :    QEMU Virtual CPU version 0.14.1
    Number of cores : 0.015
    CPU frequency : 3.812 Hz
    Total amount of ram : 1 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0.5 MB
    System uptime :   0 days, 00:34,       
    Download speed : (1.2byte/s) 
    I/O speed : 0.5 byte/s

But the load average made me suspicious:

load average: 312.08, 450.11, 480.05

Are you sure that you are not underselling?

• laaevlaaev Member

@HostBluff said: Did you leave the cash in the 3rd restroom stall in the park (mens) at 3:27 AM EST. We have not gotten your payment of 72 cents and your invoice is overdue

Yes I did, but my service is not setup yet. I was promised instant setup.

Can I get a full refund, please?

• @Amitz said: I love my HostBluff-Box:

[root@hostbluff ~]# ./bench.sh

CPU model : QEMU Virtual CPU version 0.14.1
    Number of cores : 0.015
    CPU frequency : 3.812 Hz
    Total amount of ram : 1 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0.5 MB
    System uptime : 0 days, 00:34,
    Download speed : (1.2byte/s)
    I/O speed : 0.5 byte/s

Are you sure about that? The download speed should be 0.12 Cups/s

@FTN_Kevin said: Yes I did, but my service is not setup yet. I was promised instant setup.

Can I get a full refund, please?

No

• @Amitz said: But the load average made me suspicious:

load average: 312.08, 450.11, 480.05

Are you sure that you are not underselling?

I am sure we are overselling the heck out of the server. I will need to check with Derrick however we have one tiny problem... Derrick is missing (we will update the blog when or if we find him)

• laaevlaaev Member

@HostBluff said: I am sure we are overselling the heck out of the server. I will need to check with Derrick however we have one tiny problem... Derrick is missing (we will update the blog when or if we find him)

Is that why my server isn't setup yet?

• @DotVPS said: That video has to be keith.

No, My picture can be found in my WHT Profile. that is Derrick Smith, the CEO of HostBluff

• Yeah it's not Keith, that's Derrick :P Keith is Hawaiian.

• @DotVPS said: Link?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=252248

@Coastercraze said: Yeah it's not Keith, that's Derrick :P Keith is Hawaiian.

That is true

• FreekFreek Member

A bit offtopic, buw how do you make this stuff up? It's just genius. Pure win.

• @HostBluff: He wouldn't give me bacon :(

• @Freek said: A bit offtopic, buw how do you make this stuff up? It's just genius. Pure win.

I have my moments. I bet you will all love what I have in store in the next few weeks. Keep checking the site daily.

On a side note, we just launched our reseller plans. http://hostbluff.com/products/hostbluff-reseller-program/

And another note, Derrick is still missing, I am starting to get worried. He has not even tended to his mid day visit from the local prostitute

• @Boltersdriveer said: He wouldn't give me bacon :(

Very sorry about that, can I have a ticket number, it should be Tattooed on your left arm. I will be more then happy to research this for you

• laaevlaaev Member

@HostBluff said: On a side note, we just launched our reseller plans. http://hostbluff.com/products/hostbluff-reseller-program/

Yes, summer is here... business will be good on your kiddie meal package.

• @FTN_Kevin said: Yes, summer is here... business will be good on your kiddie meal package.

Just a side note, a Student ID is required for the Kiddie Meal Plans

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@HostBluff said: Just a side note, a Student ID is required for the Kiddie Meal Plans

Can I use my neighbor's strudent id?

• FreekFreek Member

'Monthly Downtime : 100.75%'... Minus times Minus = Plus.
    Does that mean UPTIME :O ?

• @netomx said: Can I use my neighbor's strudent id?

Not unless the blood samples match.

@Freek said: onthly Downtime : 100.75%'... Minus times Minus = Plus.

Does that mean UPTIME :O ?

No, it means we turn off another users account for 0.75% of each month on top of your own. Its a good deal really.

BTW, we are still looking for Derrick Smith.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

These guys couldn't even beat W2Servers in downtime. Bad seller, stay away.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited April 2012

LEB should feature hostbluff on lowendbox.com... it would be really funny.

• @HostBluff

Think you could give my dedicated an extra cup of cpus and a liter of ram?

• @joepie91 said: These guys couldn't even beat W2Servers in downtime. Bad seller, stay away.

I bet we can come close but I hear they treat their customers worse then us. We will work on that as soon as we find Derrick

@FTN_Kevin said: LEB should feature hostbluff on lowendbox.com... it would be really funny.

That would be classic +1

@DotVPS said: There are some previous hosts that have been listed that are the same business model :P

True

@bijan588 said: Think you could give my dedicated an extra cup of cpus and a liter of ram?

Sure, but it will cost $14,000 per 1/9th of a CUP

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited April 2012

@HostBluff I'm very unhappy with HostBluff. They still have stock. I can't make a countdown page for stock release.

• @jcaleb said: @HostBluff I'm very unhappy with HostBluff. They still have stock. I can't make a countdown page for stock release.

We rarely run out of stock, we cram 50,000 customers on each server

• gsxgsx Member

I was really excited to see the Reseller plans! I ordered The Bernie Madoff Special and received instant setup, although I selected the "Check & Money Order" option. No worries @HostBluff, I plan to mail in the check tomorrow. (And it may bounce. But by then, I'll be in the Caribbean.)

I sold 1.5 CUPS worth on eBay within the past hour. Its a good think that HostBluff provides the End User support because although I'm happy with the 99.7% downtime, I don't think a majority of my new customers will be.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Just to quote IRC.

<[Derek]> Ah, man, this Hostbuff invoice is a pain
    <[Derek]> They make you strip naked on webcam if your late 1 day. :(

• @TheHackBox said: Just to quote IRC.

<[Derek]> Ah, man, this Hostbuff invoice is a pain

<[Derek]> They make you strip naked on webcam if your late 1 day. :(

Sorry, thats billing

@gsx said: I was really excited to see the Reseller plans! I ordered The Bernie Madoff Special and received instant setup, although I selected the "Check & Money Order" option. No worries @HostBluff, I plan to mail in the check tomorrow. (And it may bounce. But by then, I'll be in the Caribbean.)

I sold 1.5 CUPS worth on eBay within the past hour. Its a good think that HostBluff provides the End User support because although I'm happy with the 99.7% downtime, I don't think a majority of my new customers will be

1.5 CUPS Already? Nice.

If your checks bounce, we do send an assassin

• @HostBluff Do you do custom setup? I need vacuum tube dedicated server. i'll send schematic diagram.

• gsxgsx Member
    edited April 2012

@HostBluff Good luck to your assassin. Once I pull my Madoff, I'll escape to the Caribbean. This time, I won't get caught.