Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostUS Solutions LTD- 150GB Disk/6GB RAM starting @ 18/q! MORE DEALS INSIDE! Located in Atlanta, GA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostUS Solutions LTD- 150GB Disk/6GB RAM starting @ 18/q! MORE DEALS INSIDE! Located in Atlanta, GA

AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
edited March 2014 in Offers

Hello!,

I'm Alexander from HostUS, HostUS is owned and operated by HostUS Solutions LTD,registered in Scotland, United Kingdom. We are a privately held company with NO other investors. We treat each and every one of our clients with the utmost respect that they highly deserve. All plans are now semi-managed, this means we can troubleshoot issues for you such as but not limited to “Network Issues, Load issues and I/O Issues” Tasks excluded from our semi-management is task such as setting up your scripts, installing and configuring PHP etc.

We keep our nodes and networks protected from abuse and spammers. By default port 25 is
blocked switch level; this can be removed by simply submitting a ticket. We don't allow spammers and abusers on our network, so if you plan to order a VM, SPAM and DDoS, then prepare to not get a refund, because of these practices, our node uptime is low end industry leading with super fast I/O usage and low CPU usage.

Typical virtual private servers are costly and are oversold, which make them slow and unresponsive. HostUS powered OpenVZ servers ensure that there is no over-selling, and that performance is available 24/7 on demand by the customer. Handle very large amounts of data processing with extremely powerful dual processor server nodes, powered by RAID10 with a BBU disk configuration. All our nodes are connected with 2 x 1 Gbps ports (Bonded) and each VPS is limited to 900Mbit/s. We own and operate most our hardware such as our primary switch; Juniper EX3200-24T Switch with a 10 Gbps uplink.

Minimum Node Specifications

• OpenVZ Visualization
  • Dual Xeon L5639 Processors
  • 4x 2TB SATA II Drives
  • LSI Hardware RAID-10 w/ BBU Configuration
  • 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM
  • 2 x Gbps Public (Bonded) and 1 x Gbps Internal/Private

LET Exclusive Special-1

4 vCPU Cores @ 2.2Ghz Fair Share

3 GB DDR3 RAM

3 GB SWAP

150 GB HW Raid-10 Disk Space

5000 GB Bandwidth, 700mbps Up-link

3 x IPv4 Addresses (With Automatic rDNS)

$7 /month

$18 /Quarter (*Pay Quarterly and receive double RAM! 6GB RAM / 6GB vSWAP)

Order - https://my.hostus.us/cart.php?a=add&pid=64

LET Exclusive Special-2**

4 vCPU Cores @ 2.2Ghz Fair Share

1 GB DDR3 RAM

1 GB SWAP

50 GB HW Raid-10 Disk Space

1000 GB Bandwidth, 700mbps Up-link

1 x IPv4 Addresses (With Automatic rDNS)

$4 /month

$10 /Quarter (*Pay Quarterly and receive double RAM! 2GB RAM / 2GB vSWAP)

Order - https://my.hostus.us/cart.php?a=add&pid=65

Upgrades

• Additional IP Each: 50c per IP w/ IP Justification
  • 5 Usable IPs $4.00 /month
  • 13 Usable IPs $8.00 /month
  • 29 Usable IPs $15.00 /month
  • Unlimited Internal IP's $0.00 /month
  • cPanel VPS Licence $13/month
  • WHMCS Licence (Branded) $14/month

Network

All our servers are located in Atlanta, Georgia - 55.

Looking glass: http://atl-lg.hostus.us/

IP SWIP Is available as well, please create a ticket after order with either your ORG-ID or the organisation name you would like.

Best regards,

Alexander McNeil

HostUS Solutions LTD

Thanked by 2sirmbhe Monsta_AU

Comments

• Wow. Any reviews of this host?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Void_Whisperer said:
    Wow. Any reviews of this host?

We have some on WHT, not exactly sure about LET, on our last LEB Offer all the views were good.

We have our own ASN, and we are awaiting a /21 for ARIN. We are here for the long run.

• Alexander
  • @Void_Whisperer said:
    Wow. Any reviews of this host?

You wont regret going with them. Been with em for a while and they are great!

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • @AlexanderM said:

• Alexander

There is zilch datawise on the BGP for your ASN... and the ip that you give us to test is under quickpacket's asn.

@Void_Whisperer said:
    There is zilch datawise on the BGP for your ASN... and the ip that you give us to test is under quickpacket's asn.

We have our ASN, but BGP Will not be fully setup until the end of the week. Hence why it's not really mentioned in the advert itself.

Alexander

• @AlexanderM said:
    Alexander

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up.

• Who are you transit carriers? Since you said you own your own network?

@concerto49 said:
    Who are you transit carriers? Since you said you own your own network?

That's not in our advertisement, as it's not live yet. We will be peering with QuickPacket, LLC and Ramnode, LLC. Then more peer's are planned to be added. @concerto49

Alexander

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • I can't speak about their OpenVZ, but HostUs' KVM performance has been quite a pleasant surprise.

One outage due to an attack and one migration - both handled well and @AlexanderM is on top of it and quickly responds to tickets. (And when sh*t is going down he is handling it, not busy posting on forums about unrelated stuff)

30+ days node uptime (I rebooted) -> 99.63+% connectivity

(via keyword checking; so that means LAMP stack & all apps + network) in last 30+ days; 100% in the last couple of weeks

They may very well be with Quickpacket, but as long as: Data is kept secure + good network + good performance/stability + good support response = Recommend

I have no affiliation with them aside from being a customer.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited March 2014

AlexanderM said: That's not in our advertisement, as it's not live yet. We will be peering with QuickPacket, LLC and Ramnode, LLC. Then more peer's are planned to be added. @concerto49

Ah, just saw it in your signature so was wondering. Also, didn't this merge with GVH?

@concerto49 said:
    Ah, just saw it in your signature so was wondering. Also, didn't this merge with GVH?

Nope, the relationship with GVH was canceled, I tried to make this clear in te opening paragraph.

Alexander

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

It's good to hear that you cancelled the relationship. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to make business here at LEB/LET.

Thanked by 3AlexanderM iSky Gunter
  • Monsta_AUMonsta_AU Member
    edited March 2014

Any yearly deals?

Also, what's happening with IPv6? Are you going to get that running for your clients?

@Monsta_AU said:
    Any yearly deals?

Also, what's happening with IPv6? Are you going to get that running for your clients?

We can do yearly custom plans, just submit a ticket.

We are ipv6 ready, just waiting on our allocation from ARIN.

Alexander

• @AlexanderM said:
    We can do yearly custom plans, just submit a ticket.

I was asking what the annual price would be, and if there was any extra sweetener. Mind you, the specs are pretty nice already - especially on the quarterly billing. Possibly a little too nice. Maybe an extra 1GB on quarterly, and doubled on annual might have been better.

That said, it's your business and I would prefer that my hosts are viable going forward. It's a very good offer.

We are ipv6 ready, just waiting on our allocation from ARIN.

Excellent news. I believe all LEB/LET providers should be providing at least one IPv4 and one IPv6 per VPS.

I must say it is a tempting offer, but the pings to me are higher than what I want to subject my forum users to. I am based in Australia so I definitely prefer west coast locations. My Reversehosts box in San Diego clocks in at an average 180ms, and GVH in Dallas is 210ms. To the test IP provided, I am looking at 242ms.

@Monsta_AU said:
    I must say it is a tempting offer, but the pings to me are higher than what I want to subject my forum users to. I am based in Australia so I definitely prefer west coast locations. My Reversehosts box in San Diego clocks in at an average 180ms, and GVH in Dallas is 210ms. To the test IP provided, I am looking at 242ms.

Ah, yearly prices are basically 10 months + 2 months free.

Alexander

Thanked by 1Monsta_AU
  • Will I get double RAM if I pay yearly?

@daveshah said:
    Will I get double RAM if I pay yearly?

Yes you would.

Alexander

• Do you allow torrent for personal usage?

Thanked by 1Gunter
  • As well, policy on Minecraft servers and software mirrors?

@Bartok said:
    Do you allow torrent for personal usage?

Yeah, as long as its 'legal' and we get no abuse reports.

@darknyan said:
    As well, policy on Minecraft servers and software mirrors?

Minecraft is fine along as you don't abuse the I/O, and software mirrors are fine, again as long as its legal etc

@Bartok @darknyan

Alexander

• According to http://hostus.us/terms-and-conditions-vps.php Minecraft servers are forbidden on OpenVZ plans - can you clarify whether or not one would be allowed on this plan (only for 2-3 players)

• Ben_Ben_ Member

can you show some io + network test and 10$/q is recurring? i am interested in buying. Thanks

Thanked by 1TheHackBox

@daveshah said:
    According to http://hostus.us/terms-and-conditions-vps.php Minecraft servers are forbidden on OpenVZ plans - can you clarify whether or not one would be allowed on this plan (only for 2-3 players)

They are allowed on this plan/offer, all our staff know this.

@Ben_ said:
    can you show some io + network test and 10$/q is recurring? i am interested in buying. Thanks

Yes, offer is recurring.

Download speed from CacheFly: 99.6MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 73.7MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 55.2MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 4.30MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 8.19MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 11.7MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 5.71MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 16.9MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 18.7MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 79.2MB/s
    I/O speed : 230 MB/s

• @Monsta_AU said:
    Any yearly deals?

Hate to bring it up, but ipv6 on OpenVZ is useless if it isn't running on a recent kernel that supports the use of ip6tables (including shorewall, etc). Otherwise your wide open on the IPV6 end...

• Usually packages with huge resources are subject to abuse of other users, and very slow.

I ordered Special-1 package as a backup server, but I was impressed by the quality of service. The network and server is EXTREMELY fast. The I/O in the slowest situation is

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 5.7447 s, 187 MB/s

I hope that this quality has consistency. I will update about long-term performance and uptime, but based on my short-term usage, I highly recommend this provider.

@Bartok said:
    Usually packages with huge resources are subject to abuse of other users, and very slow.

I ordered Special-1 package as a backup server, but I was impressed by the quality of service. The network and server is EXTREMELY fast. The I/O in the slowest situation is

I hope that this quality has consistency. I will update about long-term performance and uptime, but based on my short-term usage, I highly recommend this provider.

Thank you :) If you need anything please do create a ticket.

Alexander

• GunterGunter Member
    edited March 2014

[kyubey@Rubi ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test_$$ bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 6.09457 s, 176 MB/s

Excellent. :D

Thanked by 1AlexanderM

@darknyan said:
    [kyubey@Rubi ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test_$$ bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 6.09457 s, 176 MB/s

Excellent. :D

Glad your happy with our service :)

Alexander

• I recently purchased the 6gb option listed above. Performance is great and snapy.. Yet the peerimng to the update server was pretty bad. When updating centos I was getting 30kb download. But the main link was great and enough to host my small game server with great performance. If things go great I might add another vps just for backups of my other servers.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM