Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Threaten Customer ? Is it solution ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Threaten Customer ? Is it solution ?

Comments

• iSkyiSky Member

@MikHo Buy, then refund.... thats new policies LoL

• ohhhh now I get it

Thanked by 1UltranetUSA
  • gattyttogattytto Member
    edited March 2014

I thought it was a serious question

Thanked by 1UltranetUSA
  • iSkyiSky Member

still saying this is abusive ? http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/24081/greenvaluehost-com-already-giving-me-a-headache#latest or we as customer being scammed ?

• iSkyiSky Member

You asking for a chance to gain our trust, i gave you once and what you done ? You just threaten me and said i was the one crush or going publicicy and threaten you ??? @GreenValueHost you have a hundred of customers that claim your service is too bad to use, cmiiw

• ...pls stop taking drugs and confusing people

Thanked by 1UltranetUSA
  • @iSky I agree that GVH might not be the best of the hosts around but isn't it your responsibility to secure your servers since it is an unmanaged servcie? If your server got comprised & was sending outbound DDOS attacks then they have every right to suspend that particular vps?

@GreenValueHost I advise you to do not use Nodewatch as it got lot of false positives.I know several hosts who quit it for that reason.One of the most recent ones to do this is BeastVM @Sander @Floris am I correct on this?

• @K2Bytes said:
    iSky I agree that GVH might not be the best of the hosts around but isn't it your responsibility to secure your servers since it is an unmanaged servcie? If your server got comprised & was sending outbound DDOS attacks then they have every right to suspend that particular vps?

GreenValueHost I advise you to do not use Nodewatch as it got lot of false positives.I know several hosts who quit it for that reason.One of the most recent ones to do this is BeastVM Sander Floris am I correct on this?

Yes, we just stopped using Nodewatch. Because of false positives as you mentioned.

• lewekleoneklewekleonek Member
    edited March 2014

Well, look out of the box. What happens to people when you threaten them in other life situations. It puts them in the corner, hence the fight of flight mechanism kicks in. If they feel bigger than you they may ignore you or shrug you off. Otherwise they'll fight or they will run.
    The theory aside - you'll get someone pissed off. Every person picks their own battles, so if they feel like starting one with you, i.e. if it matters to them/if there is something at stake, they will.

In your situation, collect you refund and go to more permissive hosting company.

• tchentchen Member

God, LET is turning more into WHT everyday.

• iSkyiSky Member

@K2Bytes thats the real question, the password is combined by alphabet and numerical, its already secure at normal level. however the down time is the thing they said that i abusive by monitoring the up time.

• We did not say that you were abusive because you were monitoring uptime.

We SPECIFICALLY stated that you were abusive because your VPS was sending outbound DoS attacks.

Thanked by 1iSky
  • iSkyiSky Member

now i just really don't care again as the fact you still excuse many reason, 3 months ago that was still the reason my vps suspended suddenly and you said it was false alarm, now you state that my vps sending outboun DoS attacks. No one will believe you again, you just keep excuse from time to time, you state will terminate my account and refund me pro rata, i still keep waiting for that.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @gattytto said:
    I thought it was a serious question

You know how girls are!!!

Thanked by 2gattytto netomx
  • tchentchen Member

@iSky said:
    K2Bytes thats the real question, the password is combined by alphabet and numerical, its already secure at normal level.

@iSky , brute forcing passwords is not the only way a VPS gets compromised. For the sake of your future providers, and the internet on a larger scale, please get a professional sysadmin to look at your systems.

Thanked by 3iSky mpkossen Mark_R
  • iSkyiSky Member

thank you so much @tchen
    i experienced it with another provider too but not very bad like this

• @iSky said:
    thank you so much tchen

It wasn't a compliment... He's saying.

YOU HAVE TO SECURE YOUR VPS OR HIRE SOMEONE TO

• iSkyiSky Member

this is out of topic, i dont know why you @jeffreywinters be offensive like this, main purpose i open this topic is sharing about customer service related, then how can you end up to CAPS LOCK all your typing

• wychwych Member

@tchen said:

password123 ?

• UltranetUSA said: You know how girls are!!!

Yeah, VPS Enthusiast young girls from foreign countries... mhhmmm

Thanked by 1UltranetUSA
  • @GreenValueHost lets see some proof that @iSky was DDoSing

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@iSky said:
    thank you so much tchen

Am I reading this correct that you were suspended by another provider for abuse?

If that is the case you really should learn how to secure a server or issue a
    shutdown -h now

• iSkyiSky Member

@MikHo yeah, back there i was still new on this VPS thing, however even now i already change the password more complex with Caplsock, lowercase and number, still there are reporting breaching (that never happen to other provider i have)

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited March 2014

@iSky said:
    MikHo yeah, back there i was still new on this VPS thing, however even now i already change the password more complex with Caplsock, lowercase and number, still there are reporting breaching (that never happen to other provider i have)

having a strong password helps BUT you need to add more security!

you should read a few security tutorials + confirm if the PC you access your servers from is not infected.

I can understand that you do not like to get suspended and that you might not believe what GVH is saying but you still have to stay neutral and think like "what if he is right.."

by judging of your replies it looks like you are not confident with your current security measures, you really have to make work of this and prevent this from happening again, it is the best for everyone.

• @iSky said:
    this is out of topic, i dont know why you jeffreywinters be offensive like this, main purpose i open this topic is sharing about customer service related, then how can you end up to CAPS LOCK all your typing

The Caps Lock was to get the point across.

You didn't understand what tchen was saying so I thought I had to be more straightforward.

Is it your fault? No. There is probably a language barrier.

Thanked by 1iSky
  • iSkyiSky Member

@mark_r i'm too confident with that, also for the GVH case, the default password that coming on email is never change. I use it, because i rarely access it (or we can say just 2 times) if this is 3-4 times, yeah.... it seems i will more worried about the security i use, however, its been everyday notification that the server was down.

• @darkshire said:
    GreenValueHost lets see some proof that iSky was DDoSing

Yea lets see it!!

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@iSky said:
    mark_r i'm too confident with that, also for the GVH case, the default password that coming on email is never change. I use it, because i rarely access it (or we can say just 2 times) if this is 3-4 times, yeah.... it seems i will more worried about the security i use, however, its been everyday notification that the server was down.

So you never secured your VPS or removed applications that wouldn't be used?

I'm going into deep water here, what template was used for your VPS?
    If you never secured your VPS it could be that there was an application installed that could be used for DDoS. I'm thinking about the recent Bind issues that was reported not that long ago.

• iSkyiSky Member

@UltranetUSA said:

i'm really curious too, is that IP login on my vps is from mine.... FYI i'm from indonesia, so lets check it out the login ip

Thanked by 1UltranetUSA
  • I'd remain professional and contact them about it in private.