Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Solusvm disk partitioning - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Solusvm disk partitioning

2»

Comments

• @stallion you should really think about what @rsk said

I am not even a provider but when I was asked by admins of my multi thousand members gaming community to run & administrate servers on vps. I did not just start blindly. I had leased a cheap dedicated server for a couple months practised making & administrating KVM vpses manually and only when I thought I have good enough skills to do it, I started doing it for the community.And it is all a non profit thing. I do not make any money out of it.

So prior to entering the market you should practice & improve your skills otherwise you will end up being deadpool real soon.

• @stallion said:
    Everybody is here to make money(you could call it quick buck). People do not like competition. So they bash everyone who is looking to start a new service. I am here to learn and make money.

I will only learn when I do it myself. I am already running a hosting business selling cpanel accounts which is grossing 400 $ a month. My customers are satisfied with my support. i never get any disputes or charge backs.

Why do you assume if I can learn to administer whm/cpanel server I can not administer solusvm?
    Where did you all start? Or were you all already experts when you came out of your mothers' womb?
    BTW I am very disappointed at the response of people here.

You've missed the mark by some way. Most people have no problem with competition; however when that competition enters the market on the back of not knowing how to partition a disk and requesting a stranger to complete the action by giving root login info then things aren't looking bright for the venture.

Maybe some here are a bit early to jump the gun (myself included). If your intention is just to install SolusVM get some experience with it and take time to learn everything you need to learn then yes people are likely to help you. The only thing I'd comment is that it's a very long road from partitioning a disk to providing VPS services to paying customers. Everything may be OK while things are running well; however as soon s something hits the fan will you be the person your customers can turn to?

Although OpenVZ is easier to get up and running with in the beginning it can be a little harder to administer. Will you have the knowledge to work through kernel module issues, work around broken vzctl updates, ensure the VZ kernel is in good and working order?

I wish you the best of luck on your learning.

Thanked by 1Pwner