Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SiteMeer - Web Uptime Check - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SiteMeer - Web Uptime Check

2»

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

PremiumN said: Why was @neroux banned anyway?

This..^^

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited September 2014

AnthonySmith said: This..^^

Looks like he banned himself, in a fashion. From looking at his profile, it appears he changed his email address domain to one that's blacklisted, so he was auto-banned by the system.

To my knowledge, he's never been in touch to get it sorted out.

• @Nekki said:
    To my knowledge, he's never been in touch to get it sorted out.

what are those?

• @Fritz said:
    what are those?

What are what?

• @Nekki said:
    What are what?

I think he's asking what the banned domains are?

• @0xdragon said:
    I think he's asking what the banned domains are?

Ah, for obvious reasons I can't discuss that.

• I'm not sure it is obvious, but why do you even have blacklisted domains for e-mail addresses?

Trying to imagine what sort of skullduggery a domain would have to get up to, to be denied access to the illustriousness that is LETvCC.

• zed said: I'm not sure it is obvious, but why do you even have blacklisted domains for e-mail addresses?

What I meant was it's obvious why I can't mention what the blocked domains are.

zed said: Trying to imagine what sort of skullduggery a domain would have to get up to, to be denied access to the illustriousness that is LETvCC.

It's really not that interesting. Spammers and bots tend to signup with the same domains, so the blocking cuts them off at the knees. We get FUCKLOADS of applications from these, it helps control them somewhat.

• Oh I misunderstood, I was thinking it'd be better for (real) people to know what not to use -- didn't even think of the spambot signup thing, my bad!

• Nekki said: Looks like he banned himself, in a fashion. From looking at his profile, it appears he changed his email address domain to one that's blacklisted, so he was auto-banned by the system.

Doesnt make much sense, unless the account was hacked or something..

• @joelgm said:
    Doesnt make much sense, unuless the account was hacked or something..

You'd think he'd have contacted us either way.