Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPv6 in home? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPv6 in home?

2»

Comments

• daviddavid Member

I use the he.net tunnel broker with Tomato firmware on my router for IPv6 at home, too. It's pretty seamless.

Only quirk is when you're connected to a VPN (openvpn), the IPv6 traffic doesn't go over the VPN. But that's an issue with openvpn, not the tunnel broker.

Thanked by 1maxexcloo
  • Of course v6 works, it's called Teredo.

Teredo isn't what this thread is about though <_<;

• subigosubigo Member
    edited May 2012

I'm bumping this thread because my service with Charter went out tonight for about an hour. When it came back on, I noticed an IPv6 address assigned to me, but no IPv6 DNS services. It turns out they are using the HE.net tunneling service now, which I find odd... Does anyone else's ISP do this right now? I seriously hope this isn't what they consider their long-term IPv6 solution...

• komokomo Member

I have 16xIPv6/64 + 1xIPv4 at home

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I turned off my Tunnelbroker setup this morning, it seems like it only lasts for a few days before being disabled on my network for some reason.

• JTRJTR Member

Internally — My router has full support, but there's no need to enable it.

ISP — Frontier doesn't seem to be worried at all about IPv6 from what I've heard. If the rumors are correct, they don't even have a plan for it.