Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any free email service which allows custom domain? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any free email service which allows custom domain?

Comments

• I've tried quite a few email services in the past. The best one I've found to date, like others in the thread are saying, is domains.live.com. Way better than self hosting, which was what I was doing before.

• Easiest and most reliable is Google Apps. You can pickup a grandfathered account quite cheaply and add any number of domains you like and be up and running in minutes. On top of that there are many free Google market place apps that can be added such as project mgt, billing, crm, etc

• I hear emails meant for Hotmail have frequent bounces, making it useless for professional use as important emails may never even reach the inbox. Any comment on this?

• mee2mee2 Member

is it not possible to pick up an expired domain with a free google apps account?

• is it not possible to pick up an expired domain with a free google apps account?

If you have cooperation from the original account owner, I assume.

• bobbybobby Member

@mee2 said:
    is it not possible to pick up an expired domain with a free google apps account?

It is. Use the cname recovery method. No coop from previous owner required.
    Disclaimer: A while since i did this, things might have changed..

• CoreyCorey Member

kerouac said: Yandex also offers free email hosting for your domains, it's pretty unlimited I think. However I'm not sure if there's an English site.

It's also a plus for tinfoil hat guys who'd rather be tracked by the FSB (KGB) than the NSA.

I use yandex, it's great. It has an english version - and you can use google translate.

• dobuz said: You still need email hosting to be able to setup 'send as alias' in gmail. Plus inbox to be able to receive email.

Your domain registrar probably has Email forwarding built in for free. Most do.
    All you need is to forward email to Gmail, then the rest is done.

• @darknyan said:
    I hear emails meant for Hotmail have frequent bounces, making it useless for professional use as important emails may never even reach the inbox. Any comment on this?

which service are you asking this about?

• @seaeagle said:

Live Domains

• seaeagle said: which service are you asking this about?

I can confirm this. All the Microsoft emails (Hotmail, Outlook, Live) reject any of my new IP's. I am fully compliant with all email specs, but apparently they use a whitelist, and any new email servers must add themselves to prevent getting blocked.

• smansman Member
    edited April 2014

Thinking of dumping free Google Apps. It worked well for us until recently. I think we have outgrown it. Not sure what their algorithm is but seems after about 50 outgoing emails a day it starts rejecting. I don't think you get more even if you pay. We use it for outgoing mail relay and sometimes we hit over 50. That will continue to increase as we grow.

We have split some things off to @gmail.com accounts to try get that number down but it's just not the right solution for us anymore. We are not interested in hosting our own email server again either.

Will Zoho work ok for outgoing mail relay? We are not email spamming or anything like that but we do need more than 50 outgoing a day. We need a service that tends to not end up being marked as SPAM or rejected by mail servers hence the reason we use gmail for outgoing relay.

• sman said: 50 outgoing emails a day it starts rejecting

Rejecting at 50 emails? Maybe Google has flagged your account as a spammer (or someone has marked you). I used Google Apps as a relay for some time and never had a limit.

• Silvenga said: servers must add themselves to prevent getting blocked.

They claim they require IP reputation to have a deliverability rate.

• DciteDcite Member

TLDR; If I am asking the wrong person, do point me in the right direction for info on MXRoute

@0xdragon I looked at mxroute and it does seem to suit what I like (multiple accounts for a rate that won't burn a hole in my pocket) Though I can't seem to find the limits of how large a single email can be. (What is the size limit per attachment and overall size, like how GMail is 5MB per attachment and 10MB overall per email)

Questions overall:
    1. Email attachment limits (per file and overall)
    2. Email address management as in creation of new addresses
    3. Are email aliases supported, like [email protected] and [email protected] would go to the same mailbox
    3b. If aliases are allowed, does it count against to total accounts of 25 accounts in the $10 tier?
    4. Can I use gmail to pull mail from mxroute hosted emails without gmail getting kicked for hammering (Don't know if it does)
    5. Is there a way to kinda manage email addresses to see which address is eating all the space? (Who is using their account as a backfile file host for example)
    6. How do I create an email address (Though I am guessing I will find out myself when I subscribe)

Outlook.com is no longer free, looking for alternatives.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited April 2014
  • Outlook.com is no longer free, looking for alternatives.

Not free, but highly recommended is FastMail.

• i have been using zoho for a while. trust me they are best for free usage

• mee2mee2 Member

I managed to get one of my domains with free gapps account i haf registered few years back. Pm me if anyone wants it.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@Dcite said:
    Questions overall:

Email [email protected]. Not only can he answer all these questions, but is willing to change the service to fit your needs. He would be happy to work with you on this project.

• kyakykyaky Member

yandex English version. the portal for yandex email for private domains is in Russian, if you can go through the registration process by google translation then you will have unlimited free domain email in English web client version.

• I would vote for Yandex as well. Not only can you get hosted mail for free, they have also got pretty nice (and also free) DNS service with simple editor.

To be more precise about where exactly at Yandex can you get free hosted mail service, here's the link: https://pdd.yandex.ru

You'll need an account at Yandex, registration is here:
    https://passport.yandex.ru/registration?mode=register&from=pdd&retpath=https://pdd.yandex.ru/domains_add/

Just tried Google Chrome's function "Translate to English", works well with those pages.

Another option is to go with russian largest email provider: MAIL.RU
    They also strive to become a Google-Apps-like service and create lots of useful services in recent years to atone for years of aggressive marketing.

Registration's here: https://biz.mail.ru/

Hint: "VASH-DOMEN.RU" means "your domain name".

• try my @mail2000.us powered by mail.ru

• yep, it works

• LeoKLeoK Member

Zoho mail is a great service, they support IMAP, POP and also they integrate with alot of apps like CRM.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

FreeVPS (10-12$ per Year is mostly free) + Mailserver = Unlimited free domains

• mee2mee2 Member

Bigrock gives two free email boxes per domaiin registered with them.

• I suppose it's better to use a service provided by multi-million/billion dollar company, because they have resources to keep it safe, running, out of blacklists. So it's live.com/google apps/zoho apps/yandex/mail.ru for me.

• 1rst Google, now Outlook stops taking new registrations for free custom domains service, and their cost are ..... well... due to this, i was looking everywhere to find an alternative, i find this: www.xeliux.com they give 2gb and 30gb of custom email with your domain. I got this service and went so well till now, hope it helps someone.

• mee2mee2 Member

@lorenzocv1 said:
    1rst Google, now Outlook stops taking new registrations for free custom domains service, and their cost are ..... well... due to this, i was looking everywhere to find an alternative, i find this: www.xeliux.com they give 2gb and 30gb of custom email with your domain. I got this service and went so well till now, hope it helps someone.

Looks like a reseller of bigrock. Bigrock gives two emails as well.

This discussion has been closed.