Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible New RamNode VPS Control Panel - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Possible New RamNode VPS Control Panel

Comments

• @khav said:
    Nick can you add a feature to modify the way additional bandwidth reset

With SolusVM , bandwidth addons reset at the first day of the following month regardless of the day on which you buy the addon. Its kind of a "loss" for the buyer.As a customer i would prefer that bandwidth addons reset on the same day on which i brought them , not on the first of every month

And probably bandwidth restriction (like max. 50GB per hour) on hourly instances.

@Nick_A you don't want people to pay $0.1 and use 1TB bandwidth, right?

• marcmmarcm Member

BlueVM said: You do realize Feathur is open source (AGPLv3)... you're more than welcome to help contribute to it... it's a decent panel and it can be improved upon...

I have never looked at Feathur because I always thought it was a commercial product. I will look at it and see how I can use and improve it. I'd rather contribute than reinvent the wheel :-) Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

PetaByet said: It's a cool panel, but with serious bandwidth/memory/load tracking issues and updating issues in the admin panel.

Everything can be fixed ;-)

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited March 2014

PetaByet said: It's a cool panel, but with serious bandwidth/memory/load tracking issues and updating issues in the admin panel.

We use it on a daily basis and while yes bandwidth tracking could use some improvement the other issues you mentioned don't exist (or if they do we haven't noticed them and they haven't been reported on the issue tracker...).

marcm said: I have never looked at Feathur because I always thought it was a commercial product. I will look at it and see how I can use and improve it. I'd rather contribute than reinvent the wheel :-) Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

We have licenses for support for sale (at $3.50 /server/mo), but they're there to support the development of the project... not make me a profit. You are in no way obligated to buy a license and there are no technical limitations for not buying one. Also even if you buy just one server license your whole system will come up as having a paid license (even if you have 500 nodes).

EG: Support it as much or as little as you like...

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • marcmmarcm Member

Sounds awesome :-) I will definitively look at it.

• PetaByetPetaByet Member
    edited March 2014

@BlueVM said:
    Also even if you buy just one server license your whole system will come up as having a paid license (even if you have 500 nodes).

Didn't know that. I thought providers need one license for each node/master.

• PetaByet said: Didn't know that. I thought providers need one license for each node/master.

We 'recommend it' because it helps pay for the project (believe it or not it costs real money to develop free software), but the system will report you're licensed even at $3.50 per month with 500 nodes. It allows providers to contribute what they feel is fair for the software...

• If they want to improve their services should probably get off SolusVM and do real HA cloud

• It's going to be OpenStack.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@ServGrid said:
    If they want to improve their services should probably get off SolusVM and do real HA cloud

Replacing SolusVM is the entire point of this thread...

• @ServGrid said:
    If they want to improve their services should probably get off SolusVM and do real HA cloud

This is what happens when you drink and post.

Thanked by 1Grimmy2
  • Not really? replacing a panel doesn't mean replacing the cloud orchestration technology. No where was it made explicit that's what's happening.

• Just null solus and call it your own custom panel!

• marcmmarcm Member

Microlinux said: This is what happens when you drink and post.

Lmao...

ServGrid said: Not really? replacing a panel doesn't mean replacing the cloud orchestration technology. No where was it made explicit that's what's happening.

...and one more time, lol...

Spencer said: Just null solus and call it your own custom panel!

sorry, but it's not worth stealing...

• marcm said: sorry, but it's not worth stealing...

I guess you missed the joke.

Thanked by 1AlexBarakov
  • DylanDylan Member

ServGrid said: Not really? replacing a panel doesn't mean replacing the cloud orchestration technology. No where was it made explicit that's what's happening.

Nick's WHT post clearly said he wants "a replacement for SolusVM" that "run[s] on OpenStack"

If that's not explicitly clear I don't know what is.

• @ServGrid said:
    cloud orchestration technology

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

• How long are these smaller mostly one man band providers going to survive, may be a waste of time investing. best thingf may be to sell up and cash in unless there's nothing else you can do.

@asterisk14 said:
    How long are these smaller mostly one man band providers going to survive, may be a waste of time investing. best thingf may be to sell up and cash in unless there's nothing else you can do.

What is this in reference to?

• @Nick_A said:

Just stop recognizing his existence and he'll go away.

Thanked by 1taronyu
  • @Nick_A said:

All one/two man shows who are at risk of folding if they get sick/hit by a bus ;-)/cash flow problems. I don't think many will survive.

Same with the fast food outlets we have here. I know people who were making really good money 10 years ago, now most of them are saying it is no longer worth it as the prices of fuel, goods has increased so much that they are now just working for a wage. They just rather carry on than get a job working for some diuchebag even though they are making very little 'profit', they just don't want to work for someone even though they could make the same money.

Are you referring to a specific provider? I don't see what that has to do with anything in this thread.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited March 2014

@Nick_A said:
    Are you referring to a specific provider? I don't see what that has to do with anything in this thread.

@asterisk14 is just being ignorant bas**rd that thinks any company that isn't owned by some huge money making corporation is going to fail.

Considering RamNode has been around since 2012 and they've been in the top 3 providers list on LET 5 times in the last 2 years, I don't think their going anywhere soon.

• rmlhhd said: b******rd

Can you PM me what that is?

• @serverian said:
    Can you PM me what that is?

Added to many ****************

• Oh, I thought we don't censor bastard.

• dnwkdnwk Member

Who create that one?

• @dnwk said:
    Who create that one?

BlueVM

• marcmmarcm Member

concerto49 said: I guess you missed the joke.

And you missed the point. Doesn't really matter though.

• marcm said: And you missed the point. Doesn't really matter though.

I'm not replying to it officially, but you didn't get the reference.

• marcmmarcm Member

concerto49 said: I'm not replying to it officially, but you didn't get the reference.

I did, and I wasn't even joking: it's not worth stealing.

@Nick_A - you may or may not know, but @ModulesGarden is coming out with an OpenStack module. They also started offering their source code for sale, though IMHO it's overpriced for the SolusVM WHMCS module because at this point interested customers will pay for the source just to fix the few bugs that are so annoying. Anyway, @ModulesGarden makes pretty decent products, so that's not really a knock against them, more like a suggestion: maybe you should open source the SolusVM WHMCS module for paying customers (just the base module, not the cloud), and at least I, would be more than willing to contribute any changes back.

Now to the OpenStack module: maybe it's worth waiting for and once it's released just buy a license for the open source version so that you can make any needed changes immediately. You know that customers prefer one panel over two or more, so if customers can work with it from within WHMCS then that's a plus. Just my two cents on how you could accomplish you goal with a smaller investment in a shorter time frame.