Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using HTTPS on lowendtalk.com - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Using HTTPS on lowendtalk.com

12346»

Comments

• nerouxneroux Member
    edited July 2014

@rm_ said:
    Let's all go bug BSA about this. :>

I am still curious about what exactly broke. Anyone can comment on the assumptions I wrote under http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/648609/#Comment_648609

• Anything new, at least for login/password?

Thanks

• @ben78 said:
    Anything new, at least for login/password?

Thanks

Already been stated that https is a non-starter. It isn't going to happen.

• @ben78 Thanks...I had not noticed the login area was not encrypted.

In this day and age that is unacceptable.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • @globalRegisters said:
    ben78 Thanks...I had not noticed the login area was not encrypted.

If you say so bud. I assume you'll not be logging in again?

• TBF buysellads will probably accommodate HTTPS soon if they're interested in being an ongoing concern, particularly due to Google's announcement of giving a slight preferential ranking to sites with >= 2048-bit encryption.

• @Nekki said:

You are correct.

• @globalRegisters said:
    ben78 Thanks...I had not noticed the login area was not encrypted.

>

It is unacceptable, but at the same time it's not really a problem, since everyone here is using a different password for every site they use....

...right?

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • +1 for https.

• I also vote for SSL +1

• +1 for SSL :p

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • Why are you voting on something that's not going to be implemented due to popular opinion?

If you want SSL, go pressure buysellads into supporting it, that's your best bet.

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited September 2014

BSA supports SSL,

Currently waiting on publisher approval, then I can put this to bed first hand.

Edit: As the above poster ( @Darwin ) noted, SSL is only available on the PRO version.

• Opinion: I will go with SSL everywhere but CF+SSL will cost a lot i think ... :(

• @obakfahad said:
    Opinion: I will go with SSL everywhere but CF+SSL will cost a lot i think ... :(

Cloudflare? they seems will give it free http://blog.cloudflare.com/celebrating-cloudflares-4th-birthday/

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited September 2014

@obakfahad , @edan

SSL with CloudFlare has always been included on the $20 package and up anyways.

• I understand there is plenty demand for SSL. We will see what we can do with this in the future, however, we currently have a list of other things to do that have more priority.

• mpkossen said: out my blog at mpkossen.com

Quot

Since Cloudflare is likely going to start offering their Free SSL option from tomorrow I don't see why you can't implement SSL with no questions asked or excuses given.

• @rmlhhd said:
    Since Cloudflare is likely going to start offering their Free SSL option from tomorrow I don't see why you can't implement SSL with no questions asked or excuses given.

I'm not sure if you've actually read what I just posted. We have other things that need to happen that take priority over SSL. It hasn't got anything to do with free or paid SSL.

Thanked by 1tehdartherer
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

It has nothing to do with a cost thing, we already employ $400/month worth of Cloudflare protection for LEB/LET. The last time we looked the BSA "pro" stuff would cause us to have to reset all existing ad engagements and basically start over.

We know that SSL is a high interest item so we'll take a second look to see if anything has changed.

• mpkossen said: I understand there is plenty demand for SSL. We will see what we can do with this in the future, however, we currently have a list of other things to do that have more priority.

You guys use CloudFlare, just get on the pro plan and enable SSL :P It' only $20.00/mo and LET makes approximately $3800/mo from BSA alone if my calculations are correct.

• Yes, we must encrypt that board and protect it from the dark lords