Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want a VPS Provider in Asia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want a VPS Provider in Asia

GreenVineGreenVine Member
edited March 2014 in Help

Hi,

I am looking for a Asian VPS provider which can offer the following configuration with no more than $20 per month:

30GB+ HDD/SSD
2GB+ RAM
KVM the first, OVZ is acceptable
1 IP
Ping latency to mainland China < 120ms

I am already have a VPS at OAH and I wanna have some new experiences on other hosts, that's why I am post this:)

If you have any providers you know, or you are a provider, welcome to reply here:D

Thanks!

Comments

• You could give one of the Japanese providers reviewed by @rm_ a go. lowendtalk.com/discussion/10531/japanese-vps-providers-roundup

• Have you looked at DigitalOcean and their Singapore DC? VULTR.com is also a option with their Tokyo DC, but they are out of stock just now.

• GreenVineGreenVine Member
    edited March 2014

myhken said: Have you looked at DigitalOcean and their Singapore DC? VULTR.com is also a option with their Tokyo DC, but they are out of stock just now.

I found that there is a similar post complaint that DO's speed is terrible: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/23260/recommend-a-vps-asia-europe-africa-traffic

And VULTR.com's Tokyo DC to mainland China is 400ms+...

So is there any other choice?

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@manddar said:
    leapswitch ?

Thank you manddar. However, I am not sure if latency to mainland china will be < 120 ms . Depends on the path taken.

• @leapswitch said:

Any Test IP?

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@GreenVine said:
    Any Test IP?

Messaged

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2014

GreenVine said: And VULTR.com's Tokyo DC to mainland China is 400ms+...

If you are Chinese, check out this blog: http://www.rbvps.com/
    It has reviews of all Japanese providers in Chinese, testing how they are for someone in China.

• fanfan Veteran

<120ms should exclude Japan if you want to cover China Telecom, Hong Kong has a few good choices but the bandwidth is very limited. I'm also looking for such services but nothing so far. CT's international cable is extremely congested.

• GreenVineGreenVine Member
    edited March 2014

fan said: <120ms should exclude Japan if you want to cover China Telecom, Hong Kong has a few good choices but the bandwidth is very limited. I'm also looking for such services but nothing so far. CT's international cable is extremely congested.

I am considering Korea, from CT's ping is around 60ms, but including Japan and Korea they do not support PayPal. I do not want others to use local payment methods to pay bills for me which may generates extra $$

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

Maybe you can try my South Korea / Hong Kong VPS (check my sig).

Many VPSs around Asia have bad latency to China Telecom...

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

Can provide us the china IP ?

• @ExpertVM said:
    Can provide us the china IP ?

Not mine but it is located in China:

China Mobile: 221.130.11.152
    China Telecom: 58.213.138.187

• Jylee said: Maybe you can try my South Korea / Hong Kong VPS (check my sig).

Many VPSs around Asia have bad latency to China Telecom...

Can you custom a package for me?