Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommend a VPS - Asia,Europe, Africa traffic
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommend a VPS - Asia,Europe, Africa traffic

programerprogramer Member
edited March 2014 in Requests

Hello,

We are new to this LET forum, we are running some 6 websites which are html+pdf based websites ( scientific journals), we are presently hosted with a host in US, recently we are facing less download speed, we are not sure with the reason but it may be due to high ping level and network delays. Some one advised as to move our sites to Europe or Asia based VPS ( Asia is too costly) our budget is $20 or less per month. Our sites will run surely well in a shared hosting but for copyright and other privacy issues we wish to run them in a small VPS, the total usage goes like this

less than 1 GB RAM usage
30 GB disk space usage
Server load never exceeded 0.3
User at least 1500 visits per day- Mostly download pdf files
No emails hosted in the server, all are in Microsoft hosted exchange - Office 365

We are ok with Linux based VPS ( not experts) hence need a control panel, we wish to have Direct admin/ VestaCP/Plesk in the VPS for basic management.

We presently looked into server4you basic VPS model which suits our need, any reviews on this company VPS please. We are looking into Hetzner also, if possible a small ovh/ Kimsufi server. We are bit confused and have very less time in deciding since our renewal for the present VPS is in this month end.

Also can any one recommend a cost effective and quality company ( our budget is $20-30 per month, we dont need Cpanel), we need good ping to India/ Asia/ Europe and a decent download speed from the server to this countries.

Any suitable technology ( we are presently using cloudflare) like CDN which can be integrated with this html+pdf sites with less cost can also be advised.

Also we need a company who is in operation for atleast 3-5 years and not a new company, we do not wish to risk our business in any way, some new companies are good but in hosting business you cannot expect stability unless they prove them for quite long time.

Comments

• Have you looked at DigitalOcean and their Singapore DC? You can get a 1 GB RAM, 30 GB disk server for $10/month there.

• programerprogramer Member
    edited March 2014

Yes they are in our list of selected providers, are they having VPS that can server faster in the areas we had mentioned? Singapore DC of digital ocean is terrible, we get better speed from some US provider than DO singapore DC, we tried it. We even thought of getting one from Vultr but their terms of service are criticized in many forums.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

We can offer self managed 1GB RAM vps in India for $19/month.

• JyleeJylee Member, Host Rep

We offer serveral locations in Asia. But not 3-5 years.

• Eurpoe.. lol

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Prometeus in Italy has good connectivity to south asia (considering the distance) and also it is close to africa using seabone connections. So, if you are looking for the best connection to all three in one place, i think this is the way to go.

Thanked by 1programer
  • @fitvpn said:
    Eurpoe.. lol

Corrected. Thanks for pointing out. But i really wonder that you are posting here for teaching me language or interact on the topic :)> >

@Leapswitch.. Is your servers located in India? Also is 1 GB ram server worth $19?

Prometeus seems to be promising but bit costly even more than Digital Ocean.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@programer said:
    Prometeus seems to be promising but bit costly even more than Digital Ocean.

Please see -
    http://leapswitch.com/pune-india/unmanaged-vps-hosting/linux.php

• Will consider this option too

• @programer Prometeus has been around for years and is known to be reliable - I wouldn't exactly compare them with DO...

They might be a bit more expensive (10€/mo for a 1GB Xen VPS) than other hosts, but the price remains LE-worthy.

• We can also offer in Romania, France, you can take one package which you can switch location at any time,not needed to stay in one location.

• @programer - said.. - Are you write your first name correctly every time? :)

• programerprogramer Member
    edited March 2014

@fitvpn said:

programer - said.. - Are you write your first name correctly every time? :)

I dont understand...

• Id recommend u server4u and maybe ip-projects.de

• innyainnya Member

I'll suggest Prometeus. They have India location as well. You can PM and as for it.

• Try digitalocean they would have good speed to all countries you need from Europe.

• DO is so expensive for that price you get 3x times that stuff on server4u

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2014

Yeah and the name alone just inspires confidence, look at how professionally they use "4" in place of "for", and "u" to shorten "you"! Practically the first thought that's going to come to your mind, yes certainly I want to entrust hosting my scientific journal to a host named "server 4 u".

• @rm_ look at the bright side, it could have been s3rv3r4u ;-)

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • tommytommy Member

myhken said: Have you looked at DigitalOcean and their Singapore DC?

SG seem not stable sometimes I got 280-300 ms another time 30-40 ms.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@tommy said:

They are probably still tweaking routing.

• tommytommy Member

Maounique said: They are probably still tweaking routing.

I hope so :)