Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

good experiences with BlueVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

good experiences with BlueVM

itworksformeitworksforme Member
edited March 2014 in Reviews

It seems like more people post to complain about providers than to report good results. It's hard to choose a provider when you can find somebody complaining about almost any of them. I've been using BlueVM for a bit, and am quite satisfied with them. Considering how little I'm paying for these servers, I'm extremely happy with the service and support I'm getting from BlueVM, and am happy to recommend them to others.

I have two KVM virtual machines with BlueVM, running low-volume email servers. Those two required several reboots in the first few days, but support was responsive, and those servers have now been completely stable for a month.

Yesterday I ordered an OpenVZ VPS from BlueVM to experiment with some VPN software. PPTP worked well, but IPSEC requires a kernel module that didn't exist. I contacted support, expecting them to tell me that it just wouldn't be possible for me to run IPSEC in my VPS. A few minutes later a technician contacted me to tell me he had moved my container to a "testing" version of OpenVZ that is supposed to permit IPSEC, and that he'd love to hear whether I could get it working. Sure enough, I was able install racoon and xl2tpd in Debian and connect to my VPS using the built-in Mac OS X IPSEC client.

Thanked by 2Silvenga sz1hosting

Comments

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited March 2014

I agree bluevm is one of the better ones.

FWIW I find that 90+% of providers do provide a reliable service. You do get a lot of 'fingers burned' negative reviews or unfair analysis.

If only a sizeable chunk of that 90% didn't migrate their IPs every 10 minutes (which seems more like 20-30% of providers on a 12 month period).

• akzakz Member
    edited March 2014

bluevm has been great for me from pre sale to .. well Ive never had to contact support and its been running solid the last 4+ months. Kudos to the guys at BlueVM its one of the ones that I never have to worry or remember its even there lol.

• FYI for any other providers wanting to do this, it's part of the OpenVZ Kernel starting from 2.6.32-042stab084.8 and later. They have a wiki article about it now, located here.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I got a swiss vps transfered to my account, it cost 15$ per Year but I/O was realy poor (20MB/s) the only thing what i got was basically: "We dont get new ips, so we dont get new hardware/nodes": Deal with it.
    So i could say BlueVM is ok but i would never got to the swiss location worse.

• It's a hit and miss provider. Would appear they've finally sorted their issues out with their ATL location and things are finally back to normal.

• nimetsunimetsu Member
    edited March 2014

Their LA node is rock solid. My VPS uptime w/ their LA node. I'm their customer for 2 years, probably had 3-4 downtimes during the whole time.

03:41:41 up 215 days, 16:09, 1 user, load average: 0.49, 0.14, 0.09

• Infinity580 said: I got a swiss vps transfered to my account, it cost 15$ per Year but I/O was realy poor (20MB/s) the only thing what i got was basically: "We dont get new ips, so we dont get new hardware/nodes": Deal with it.

So i could say BlueVM is ok but i would never got to the swiss location worse.

Not much we can do about openvz in that location really... it's SATAII, where as most of our nodes are SATAIII. I did pull a DD test on the node we have there and I was able to get 88.4 MB/s... perhaps you tested on an off day or perhaps there was some abuse on the node that was later caught.

• I have a Bluevm 128MB KVM in Buffalo that been excellent -- solid performance, great uptime.

• first thread, first post... a review.

• jcaleb said: first thread, first post... a review.

Look at the username.

• what difference does it make... pre meditated, promotion or pancakes. the OP could have been followed by a 100 negative comments, turns out that this provider ain't bad.

• I've seen proof from the OP that he is an actual customer, so this review seems legitimate. Thanks very much @itworksforme!

• I've tried several VPSs with the latest kernel, but I still cannot make Racoon work.

• @maxduke, your provider needs to be using at least 2.6.32-042stab084.8 and they need to load a couple of extra kernel modules. Send them the wiki link I posted above and they can get it set up for you.

• wychwych Member

BlueVM seemed to be hit and miss these days, good to see some positive reviews for them once again.

• So far, so good. I'm still OK with BlueVM. Now have 2 KVM and 2 OpenVZ servers. The 2 KVM servers are my mail servers. They're fast enough for my needs, and have been running without incident for 85 days.

server1# uptime
    19:34:11 up 85 days, 2:31, 1 user, load average: 0.13, 0.06, 0.05
    server2# uptime
    19:37:01 up 85 days, 2:29, 1 user, load average: 0.01, 0.12, 0.10

• Hey! It works for me. ;P

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member

it is good to see positive review. too many complain in here lately. and many people with good experience with their provider are too busy finishing their project.

• M66BM66B Veteran

I moved recently away from them (Zurich KVM VPS) because of the never ending network issues: http://stats.pingdom.com/dcqg2snuqaf1/388316/2014/04

• innyainnya Member
    edited May 2014

I have a vps with bluevm for over 2 years.
    I found out that my vps went dead. When I logon to feathur, I found out it was suspended. No reason and no notification. No one answered my Ticket. So, I have no idea what's going on.

Last time I have major issue with bluevm that was 8 months ago.

I just got respond from bluevm support after wrote above comment. They unsuspended my vps.
    They said that their automatic abuse system suspend my vps.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

M66B said: I moved recently away from them (Zurich KVM VPS) because of the never ending network issues: http://stats.pingdom.com/dcqg2snuqaf1/388316/2014/04

We aren't exactly happy with their network performance either which is one of the reasons we've held off expanding in that location (coupled with the outrageous initial cost of IP space there).

innya said: I have a vps with bluevm for over 2 years. I found out that my vps went dead. When I logon to feathur, I found out it was suspended. No reason and no notification. No one answered my Ticket. So, I have no idea what's going on.

Feel free to PM me your ticket number and I'll take a look.

• MikeInMikeIn Member
    edited May 2014

@BlueVm Server S10-CA is down from few hrs now :( Any idea.

EDIT: oops! it show's a suspension Notice on Feathur. Can't think of any reason. Let me contact you via ticket.

Ticket Created #109751

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

MikeIn said: EDIT: oops! it show's a suspension Notice on Feathur. Can't think of any reason. Let me contact you via ticket.

Likely one of our automated systems. It happens...

Thanked by 1MikeIn
  • MikeInMikeIn Member
    edited May 2014

@BlueVM said:
    Likely one of our automated systems. It happens...

Thanks for so quick response and fixing it :)

Good and consistent :) Since .......

• BoxodeBoxode Member

BlueVM said: Likely one of our automated systems. It happens...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1349187

• IshaqIshaq Member

@viCommunications

What has that got to do with anything? It was sorted out.

Drama queen.

Thanked by 1soulchief
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Good to see a positive review for a change.

• MikeInMikeIn Member

It was all due to miss-understanding and was shouted out as well....

• I'm pleased with my 512mb KVM, got it with the 50% of coupon and no issues so far. Reseller is also good.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • innyainnya Member

BlueVm ; I pm you about my vps modification.