Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help us decide on a new location! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help us decide on a new location!

Comments

• DerekDerek Member

@ErrantWeb said: Your gonna push that with every host until it happens lol.

I doubt anyone has brothered calling them, they are fairly reasonable people. Also, look at there plan for 42U (Whole Rack) VS 1U. 42 is only $999/mo, while 1U is $200/mo.

Maybe they don't want little people :/

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

There's a European country that presently has no datacenters at all.

Well, that we know of.

Be the first to crack open this market! Excellent location and great weather. Space might be tight. Security is awesome, assuming you don't mind guys with halberds. Would probably frown on adult content.

http://tinyurl.com/new-data-center-location

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Aldryic said: San Jose, of course! After all, you guys have to come put us in our place and all <3

So... no Buffalo? :3

No, this will be on top of a Buffalo expansion

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited April 2012

@raindog308 said: There's a European country that presently has no datacenters at all.

I really can't believe the Italians let the pope make the Vatican its own country. Tax avoidance for all the trillions they make off the catholic charge.

You could consider Europe, I know the UK has more bandwidth then any other european country.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@liam said: You chose Atlanta (east coast) ;O

I meant East Coast damnit!

• @Daniel said: I know the UK has more bandwidth then any other european country.

No it hasn't.

• @raindog308 said: There's a European country that presently has no datacenters at all.

>

http://bgp.he.net/AS8978 The Pope has a /19! :O

http://www.projecthoneypot.org/ip_212.77.1.247 and is a spammer!

• The spamming pope has adequate peering, too.

Thanked by 2TheHackBox NanoG6
  • and is IPv6 ready. What a clever chap.

• Those vanity ASNs are often simply put up for show....see AS1

• @quirkyquark said: Those vanity ASNs

What? UofI is a valid network, I used to peer with them at AADS in Chicago

• @mitgib: I meant they use another ASN for day-to-day stuff, in this case AS40387, much as Level3 uses AS3356, etc. instead of AS1 :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Daniel said: I really can't believe the Italians let the pope make the Vatican its own country. Tax avoidance for all the trillions they make off the catholic charge.

It was a country before Italy was a country. Read some history.

Thanked by 1nabo
  • taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

@Daniel said: I really can't believe the Italians let the pope make the Vatican its own country. Tax avoidance for all the trillions they make off the catholic charge.

First of all The Catholic Church runs the largest charities in the world. Second of all i'm very happy The Vatican is its own country, that way it's not under the jurisdiction nor laws of other countries. Can you imagine if it were? politicians would try to dictate everything said and done...is good the way it is.

• @taipres said: First of all The Catholic Church runs the largest charities in the world. Second of all i'm very happy The Vatican is its own country, that way it's not under the jurisdiction nor laws of other countries. Can you imagine if it were? politicians would try to dictate everything said and done...is good the way it is.

Better then a Monarchy which has supreme power and isn't elected.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited April 2012

@taipres said: First of all The Catholic Church runs the largest charities in the world.

Source? Also the catholic church rapes many children, promotes AIDS, etc

Thanked by 1MrAndroid
  • @gsrdgrdghd said: Also the catholic church rapes many children, promotes AIDS, etc

Also all the other countries have a bad history...

• For censorship resistance: Iceland, Norway,

An under-served Middle Eastern venue: Israel.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • birdie25birdie25 Member
    edited April 2012

EUROPE OR DIE IN AN ICE CREAM TRUCK!

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@birdie25 said: EUROPE OR DIE

+1

@birdie25 said: IN A FIRE!

• @yomero said: Also all the other countries have a bad history...

How is the history of countries in any relation to the actions of the catholic church right now?

• @gsrdgrdghd I found this, although it's a bit dated.

"Go to the following forbs article.
    http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/14/Revenue_1.html
    If you go down and select all of the Catholic organizations the amount is astounding. Adding up just Catholic Charities, Food for the Poor, Catholic Relief Services, St. Jude's, and America's Second Harvest alone total $5,570,000,000, which is greater than #1 on the list for America. Keep going down the list and you find Father Flanagan's homes, Catholic Medical Mission Board, Covenant House, and more. Add the thousands of other charities, from Missionaries to the Poor, Amigos for Christ, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, to religious orders (like Missionaries of Charity) and thousands upon thousands of individual parishes across the globe who often do their work in anonymity, and you will see some of the charitable works of the Catholic Church.

In the Business Week article below, scroll down to “charities”.
    http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/02_15/b3778004.htm"

Anyway I don't want to derail this thread anymore, not sure if religion is even allowed to be talked about on here.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited April 2012

@taipres well that list is only for the US, but i agree that the catholic church (and also other religions) do a lot of good for the world.

You are right we shouldn't be derailing this thread or even discuss about religion at all.

• @Infinity fixed.

• @gsrdgrdghd said: How is the history of countries in any relation to the actions of the catholic church right now?

What I am trying to say, is that everything has pros and cons. And, if we always will be putting the cons in front...

End of opinion.

• I love NYC

• kalamkalam Member

Woooaaa.

Let's try to keep this about CVPS and new location suggestions. Should go for something crazy like Maine.

• Toledo, Cleveland or Columbus, Ohio, would be awesome for me! Totally not biased. Definitely don't live in Cleveland.

Nope.

Israel would also be very cool, though I have no idea about the cost.