Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help us decide on a new location!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help us decide on a new location!

CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider
edited April 2012 in General

Hello Everyone!

Hope you are all having a good day today. Myself and Jeremiah have been battling back and fourth for quite some time now, on what new location we would like to open up next and cannot come to a mutual decision!

We have decided to post here and get the LEB community opinion. You can post here if you would like, and also have a Poll setup on out Facebook page ( where we will take the most consideration from ).

You can vote here: http://www.facebook.com/chicagovps

Thanks for all your support and help with this situation.

Regards,

Chris

Comments

• lumaluma Member

Seattle or in that area. Not many Pacific North West locations for LEB.

Good Luck.

• flyfly Member

not sure why pacnw would be a good location.

• Just united states /:

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • lumaluma Member

@kbar said: not sure why pacnw would be a good location.

For the people who live in Western Canada and also in the PNW of the states? lots of people out here and we are stuck using locations that are pretty far away, Routing to mid-southern CA is not that great (50ms to San Jose) yet I can get 7ms to Seattle.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • Voted. :)

• I don't have Facebook, am i not allowed to vote on a new location? :(

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

West Coast or Europe or die!

• What about Europe? Amsterdam would be a nice location ;)

Thanked by 2tux djvdorp
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Something closer to Mexico! :D

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • flyfly Member

seattle is only good for those in pnw, whereas chicago, ny are good for everyone in NA, and cali is good for asia, and miami is good for pretty much all of south america and western europe.

• Asia! :D

Thanked by 1Andri
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@kbar said: seattle is only good for those in pnw, whereas chicago, ny are good for everyone in NA

LOL...you could just as easily say "NY is only good for those in the NE"

• flyfly Member

ny is just fine for central and all of eastern seaboard. for whatever reason, west coast is only good for west coast and asia.

• Do you colocate? Somewhere in Europe excluding Germany, UK and Netherlands?

• gsxgsx Member

The east coast would be nice.

• DerekDerek Member

@CVPS_Chris

What about a place where no host is at yet.

Toledo, Ohio - Brilliant and beautiful place to open a host :).

Local DataCenter is http://cisp.com/

• @Derek said: What about a place where no host is at yet.

+1

• flyfly Member

lol $200 for 1u dafuq

• edited April 2012

Singapore!!! :D

• @kbar said: lol $200 for 1u dafuq

are there any other datacenters in toledo? that's probably why.

@ErawanArifNugroho said: Singapore!!! :D

fy!

• Ashburn or Reston VA or New York/New Jersey..

• Poland?

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

If you managed to pull Asia, and offered good plans, I can see you selling out very quickly. France seems to have good cheap BW, and Germany can be nice too(Hetzner). I think international makes sense though since Chicago is best you gonna get in terms of US. Plus that'll appeal to users that want to offer services to international customers, google looks at servers locations now and that plays a factor in site rankings. Also for a realtime servers say an IRCD the ping time for an international user on a US server typically isn't very good because of the incredible distance. I know Freenode struggles with that sort of thing with their distribution.

• just don't go with a very well known host like hetzner. it's too mainstream and people will not be interested in it.

• @Derek said: What about a place where no host is at yet.

Toledo, Ohio - Brilliant and beautiful place to open a host :).

Local DataCenter is http://cisp.com/

Your gonna push that with every host until it happens lol.

• @Derek said: Local DataCenter is http://cisp.com/

They are still living in the 90's

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@miTgiB said: They are still living in the 90's

How true :) http://cisp.com/products/cisp/virtual_servers/Default.aspx#productnav

VMware vps pricing
    Base Server
    Monthly Fee
    (1) 2GHz CPU Core, 1GB Memory, 25GB Storage
    $75.00

• @Spirit said: How true :)

I was looking at their $75 per mbit on bandwidth, $75 for a VPS isn't really terrible even today if the service/support is there to stand behind it. I would imagine it is an old data center that doesn't need new business as they have lots of unused IP space and rotate blocks between a group of bulk mailers (spam friendly) like so many small colo's.

• San Jose, of course! After all, you guys have to come put us in our place and all <3

So... no Buffalo? :3

• flyfly Member

@OneTwo said: just don't go with a very well known host like hetzner. it's too mainstream and people will not be interested in it.