Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostUS ~ my experience
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostUS ~ my experience

m0dg0dm0dg0d Member
edited March 2014 in Providers

Hello,
Today i'm reporting ''HostUS'' which scammed me for only $12!
They will terminate your vps for ''outbounding attacks'' or ''abuse'' randomly.
I told them that i will dispute it and they banned me from their client area too.

Comments

• Nice double post and/or spam

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited March 2014

This is a very incorrect post.

1. Your VPS Was suspended in February after sending an outbound DDOS (500Mbit/s) We then unsuspended you.
    2. A few days ago, we were contacted by law enforcement after you sent another DDOS and we received the report as well. So we suspended your VPS.
    3. You are not banned from our client area.

Your VPS Was never terminated, only suspended. We offered you a full backup multiple times, and each time you refused.

You then threatened us for a bad review on LET/WHT.

We don't like abusers, and over the course of two months, you sent 2 DDOS Attacks.

• Alexander
  • blackblack Member

@AlexanderM said:
    This is a very incorrect post.

1. Your VPS Was suspended in February after sending an outbound DDOS (500Mbit/s) We then unsuspended you.
    2. A few days ago, we were contacted by law enforcement after you sent another DDOS and we received the report as well. So we suspended your VPS.
    3. You are not banned from our client area.

Your VPS Was never terminated, only suspended. We offered you a full backup multiple times, and each time you refused.

You then threatened us for a bad review on LET/WHT.

We don't like abusers, and over the course of two months, you sent 2 DDOS Attacks.

• Alexander

People like him is exactly why I don't want to enter the hosting business.

• toshosttoshost Member, Host Rep

Stop spamming

AlexanderM said: You then threatened us for a bad review on LET/WHT.

If you have proved then show it here with some screenshot

• AlexanderM said: We then unsuspended you.

Why...

AlexanderM said: sending an outbound DDOS (500Mbit/s)

If the client abused his services on the occasion of two times, he deserves to be suspended.

• @black said:
    People like him is exactly why I don't want to enter the hosting business.

Indeed, he should be banned from here.
    Also what are you talking about??

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

@m0dg0d said:
    Also what are you talking about??

odear.

• Promise of "I won't do it again, me swears"

• BruceBruce Member

the credit industry share details with each other on crooked people. seems with DOS being such a problem that the internet could do with a similar system.

• blackblack Member

@m0dg0d said:
    Indeed, he should be banned from here. Also what are you talking about??

I'm actually talking about you. Sending out 500 Mbit DDoS attacks and you expect to get your money back?

• @Bruce said:
    the credit industry share details with each other on crooked people. seems with DOS being such a problem that the internet could do with a similar system.

That would be smart, but where would we do it? It's not like there is a central source to put stuff like that (unfortunately).

• @black said:

That's the actual scam trick..
    I asked them for proof.
    Proof of the 1st attack and the 2nd attack.
    you don't have it bro? It's because you lie your donky kong balls off.

@m0dg0d said:
    That's the actual scam trick.. I asked them for proof. Proof of the 1st attack and the 2nd >attack. you don't have it bro? It's because you lie your donky kong balls off.

We sent you all graphs the first time, and the graphs were available to you both times.

You have been reported to fraud report, and I can actually see other hosts have reported you.

Thanked by 2MCHPhil forthcloud
  • @AlexanderM said:
    You have been reported to fraud report, and I can actually see other hosts have reported you.

Save us all the headache :P

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • RalliasRallias Member
    edited March 2014

m0dg0d said: That's the actual scam trick.

If you feel so strongly that your outbound DDoS attack that you committed is acceptable, why don't you sue them for the $12?

Even if you didn't do it, you're responsible for the activities of your VPS.

• w-w-wait DDoS attacks are illegal?

• @IceCream said:
    w-w-wait DDoS attacks are illegal?

At least in the USA.

@IceCream said:
    w-w-wait DDoS attacks are illegal?

Section 3A of the Computer Misuse Act, 2006.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MunMun Member

May I ask what you were running on your server?

• blackblack Member

@m0dg0d said:
    That's the actual scam trick.. I asked them for proof. Proof of the 1st attack and the 2nd attack. you don't have it bro? It's because you lie your donky kong balls off.

@AlexanderM said:
    We sent you all graphs the first time, and the graphs were available to you both times.

/thread

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@AlexanderM said:
    Section 3A of the Computer Misuse Act, 2006.

But I don't read that sh*t, and if I don't know, that's no illegal!

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • What did you expect for ddosing? Get a life!

• AlexanderM said: Section 3A of the Computer Misuse Act, 2006.

If the said "attack" is being used for network related stress testing purposes it kinda voids that. In that being said, there's realistically no way you can prove who initiated the DoS attack: IP logs don't really hold up in court, and nor does a PayPal payment.

@viCommunications said:
    If the said "attack" is being used for network related stress testing purposes it kinda voids that. In that being said, there's realistically no way you can prove who initiated the DoS attack: IP logs don't really hold up in court, and nor does a PayPal payment.

Tell that to the other vps being in the same node... Network clogging to say something at least

@viCommunications said:

We received an abuse report from the company receiving the attack. It's "his" vps, therefore it's "his" responsibility to keep it secure.

• Anyone would scam you for that amount! I mean who wouldn't want to spoil his brand name in return of the hefty $12.00?

Thanked by 1netomx

@srvrpro said:
    Anyone would scam you for that amount! I mean who wouldn't want to spoil his brand name in return of the hefty $12.00?

Do you know how many Audi's can you afford with those?

Or just imagine, you can buy "ONE GALLON OF GAS!" (Futurama quote)

Thanked by 2srvrpro PremiumN
  • I'd kill a man for $12

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited March 2014

LOL @ network related stress test. Absolute BS reasoning. You're telling me you have approval from all parties involved to saturate their (every) network?

Thanked by 2AlexanderM netomx