Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostigation 'Support'? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostigation 'Support'?

2»

Comments

• @TheLinuxBug also in NO CASE should anyone reply to their customer like this! At least copy paste some "we're sad to see you go" b.s.!

• DennisdeWit said: And I fully agree with that. I don't care if the support employee is angry. Words like 'getting pissed' just are inappropriate. But I think the OP could have make a different comment instead of accusing Tim of bad service. So I think both are faulty.

Customer always deserves respect

• BradBrad Member

@jcaleb said:

No, of course not. For a couple of bucks a month, you really shouldn't expect too much.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Xeno43 said: Please notice that I'm not here to bitch because I was null routed.

His policy "Don't be a dick" goes both ways. You could have asked him for more information on the DDoS attacks rather than saying " If you can't host that, I no longer wish to remain with you.". Not really constructive.

You may not be able to help the DDoS attacks but neither may Tim. It's probably worse for him than it is for you, as he has multiple clients affected by it.

It's fine if you want to move elsewhere, but you should be polite about it.

Besides all that, TS servers tend to get DDoSed for no reason at all. The TS I'm usually on gets attacked every other week.

• mpkossen said: Besides all that, TS servers tend to get DDoSed for no reason at all. The TS I'm usually on gets attacked every other week.

Uh, no, they go down because they are used for reflection attacks at this time mainly - Inbound attacks are rather rare.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

If you receive DDoS on a non-protected IP then, that is it. The packet loss could have been either for other attacks on IPs on the same server, or because of smaller attacks on OP's server, or even reflection attacks for which the TS was used for.
    Other providers permanently suspend for repeated attacks no matter how much you pay, you either get a DDoS protected service, or you find a provider which does not care and where your service will be disastruos, most likely.

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited March 2014

Maounique said: Other providers permanently suspend for repeated attacks no matter how much you pay, you either get a DDoS protected service, or you find a provider which does not care and where your service will be disastruos, most likely.

@Maounique if you frequently get DDoS attacks and you don't have the budget to pay for something glike CloudFlare Business ($200/mo.), then you can set up reverse proxies at another provider who does or get a filtered IP at another provider or both. You can't expect enterprise class DDoS protection for a few dollars per month.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2014

I never said that I only said that other providers are even more harsh, prometeus included. I personally kept blackholed IPs for the whole time the customer had service with us because of repeated attacks (and in some cases unacknowledged ones which meant there was no hope to solve the issue with the customer). It is simply not acceptable to disturb others and put the network at risk ESPECIALLY since we now offer affordable DDoS protection.

• marcmmarcm Member

Maounique said: It is simply not acceptable to disturb others and put the network at risk ESPECIALLY since we now offer affordable DDoS protection.

I absolutely agree.