Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMBox Review - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMBox Review

Comments

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@ksubedi said:
    you're welcome, thanks for your help, you guys have great support :D /sarcasm

Seems you got suspended for disk abuse while I was sleeping.

I'm sorry we couldn't replicate your problem, both Ben and myself did tests from a VPS on the same node and saw no issues. You were very quick to come and post this thread though wasn't you, I've only slept 6 hours. :/

• @VMbox said:
    I'm sorry we couldn't replicate your problem, both Ben and myself did tests from a VPS on the same node and saw no issues. You were very quick to come and post this thread though wasn't you, I've only slept 6 hours. :/

Yeah i can understand the disk abuse that was my fault (you can read above why), i admit. But ben wasnt trying to cooperate at all and was trying to feed me the story that he was getting good speeds when i was clearly not getting anything close to what he was claiming. i dont even care about the dd speeds, the vps was acting slow and instead of trying to help he was basically saying he wasnt going to help.

• @VMBox i had to create the script to show everyone that the vps wasnt really getting speeds that ben was claiming he was getting, which is what i got suspended for.

@ksubedi said:
    VMBox i had to create the script to show everyone that the vps wasnt really getting speeds that ben was claiming he was getting, which is what i got suspended for.

Ben said he entered your VM and got speeds over 100MB/s. I got almost 150MB/s which I shown you in the ticket.

Creating a script that let's everyone abuse the node is never going to be a good idea is it.

• @VMbox said:
    Creating a script that let's everyone abuse the node is never going to be a good idea is it.

I never got anything near those speeds. And I know the script was a bad idea but I created it to show everyone the actual speeds I was getting.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Specifically when we do not know what actually is behind that script :)

• @VMbox May be share the dd command you used with @ksubedi. may be there is an issue there.. not all dd commands are equal

• @Alex_LiquidHost said:
    Specifically when we do not know what actually is behind that script :)

It was basically a php wrapper that would run the command and output the stream, I don't know how I could prove that that was indeed what the php script had but I'll post the source if u need

@peppr said:
    VMbox May be share the dd command you used with ksubedi. may be there is an issue there.. not all dd commands are equal

It's in the screenshot in his first post. Ben and myself both did tests for him and saw no issues.

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • ksubediksubedi Member
    edited March 2014

@peppr said:
    VMbox May be share the dd command you used with ksubedi. may be there is an issue there.. not all dd commands are equal

That's actually a really good point, the base size and other options on the DD command make a difference. The vps acted slow which was the main issue, so even if the commands were different they didn't even try to help me and Ben told me to buy a ssd server if I need speed

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • TBH it sounds like a misunderstanding... maybe the node can be put back online and everyone lives happy ever after?

edited March 2014

@ksubedi said:
    That's actually a really good point, the base size and other options on the DD command make a difference. The vps acted slow which was the main issue, so even if the commands were different they didn't even try to help me and Ben told me to buy a ssd server if I need speed

Everything looks fine from our side, we can't replicate his problem.

• That can't be on the same vps because I could never get it that high. I would not even be arguing about this if I could. Maybe there is something going on with your hypervisor that throttles the io on the boxes?

• @VMbox may i get a 24-48 hour trail

• VPNVPN Member

@ksubedi I'm not sure what you wanted @VMbox to do for you really?
    They tried to reproduce the problem their end and were unable to do so.

Short of a reinstall, there is nothing else that can happen.

• @OkieDoke said:
    ksubedi I'm not sure what you wanted VMbox to do for you really?
    They tried to reproduce the problem their end and were unable to do so.

Short of a reinstall, there is nothing else that can happen.

He wanted them(VMBox.co) to move his vps to another node(look at the chat log).

@casper253 said:
    VMbox may i get a 24-48 hour trail

Sent you a PM.

• @wcypierre said:

yeap this. and i dont even know how hard it would be for a vps provider to move my box to another account, if it was any other host, they would do it for sure

• @Jack said:

i still dont think it would be that big of a deal to squeeze one more box in any node.

• @Jack said:
    If they have no ip space on other nodes it would be quite a deal.

They don't own their IP's, they get them from singlehop, and it shouldnt be a big deal to ask them for more. I guess you missed the point of this thread though, its that they were not even trying to help (at least ben wasnt, stephen seems more helpful).

• The conversation in the screenshot lookes fine to me from the host POV, albeit the "have a good day" would get on my chebs a bit.

They couldn't reproduce your speeds and then you pull out the grenade of "Im going to write sh1tty reviews about you". If you were the provider, at what point would you have done it differently?

The only other option I guess would have been to offer you a pro-rata refund.

• @VMbox said:
    Everything looks fine from our side, we can't replicate his problem.

Just curious, is /vz on a different partition? If so, if you run this on that partition, do you still get similar results?

• @ricardo said:
    The conversation in the screenshot lookes fine to me from the host POV, albeit the "have a good day" would get on my chebs a bit.

They couldn't reproduce your speeds and then you pull out the grenade of "Im going to write sh1tty reviews about you". If you were the provider, at what point would you have done it differently?

The only other option I guess would have been to offer you a pro-rata refund.

Ben wasnt even acknowledging the fact that the servers were slow, instead was trying to tell me that he was getting different results than what i was getting (i dont know how that could happen if it's the same box). If he had acknowledged the fact that it was slow and told me why (server was temporarily loaded etc) id be fine with it. Anyways, i have explained the same thing over and over again in this thread, and dont want to again.

edited March 2014

@Damian said:
    Just curious, is /vz on a different partition? If so, if you run this on that partition, do you still get similar results?

http://i.imgur.com/JHIk8VL.jpg

• VPNVPN Member

@wcypierre said:

Which wasn't possible due to the other nodes being at capacity (look at the chat log).

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

ksubedi said: if it was any other host, they would do it for sure

I dont. Unless the customer has multiple VMs and wishes to have them on different nodes, I refuse to move it out of principle.
    All our nodes are having room for io/cpu whatever and are watched over 24/7. Moving anyone would mean I agree there is something wrong with the node which is not the case. I could only be convinced to do it to see if there is any chance to get to the root cause, like changing VLANs, for example, we had one weird case of VLAN problems causing high CPU usage, high io wait and connectivity loss, but that is highly unlikely and would also mean IP change.
    In short, moving to another node is not a solution in my book and should never be (except for troubleshooting/maintenance reasons).

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

DD is not all about disks it is about CPU also. Check your CPU usage. Do the OS reinstall then post back results that you are getting.

Maounique said: Moving anyone would mean I agree there is something wrong with the node which is not the case.

I agree with you 100%

• @Maounique said:
    I dont. Unless the customer has multiple VMs and wishes to have them on different nodes, I refuse to move it out of principle.

well thanks for letting me know, i know which company to stay away from now.

@drserver said:
    DD is not all about disks it is about CPU also. Check your CPU usage. Do the OS reinstall then post back results that you are getting.

I did do a full reinstall and it was slow. The cpu might have been a factor, but since the io speeds were low i thought that was causing thelags.

and to put an update on the situation, stephen has been really helful and he transferred me to another node where im getting pretty good performance.

• @ksubedi said:
    well thanks for letting me know, i know which company to stay away from now.

It's a valid reason.