Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The new Liechtenstein location at Edis is ON, 50% off - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The new Liechtenstein location at Edis is ON, 50% off

13»

Comments

• abravo said: But I know FL and basically it's only the couple valleys and mountains between Saint-Gallen and Vorarlberg. On the road from Switzerland to Feldkirch one drives through without almost noticing, only a FL sign, end of motorway and the austrian toll station driving out on the other side.

If you go from Zurich to Bludenz - or even Vienna - you will also barely notice it. Nonetheless prices are twice or three times higher.

One can always argue how reasonable the cost of living in all the mentioned countries is, but this wont change them.

I'm a customer so I got the promo email, valid two days. I smiled: if the promo is one week it could ruin your business :-) Anyway good luck with your offering.

How should this ruin their business? They offer a rather exotic location with respective prices and everyone who is interested can make use of it or if not, not.

Why the overall cynicism?

• @neroux said:
    Why the overall cynicism?

well cynicism is maybe too strong for what I had in mind: just some humoristic remark.
    I meant maybe EDIS couldn't afford to make business out of the Frankenstein location if they ran the 50% promo a bit longer. But maybe also they only have too few servers.
    In any case it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. You know for me, only thing one can do in LI is to drive out of it as fast as possible :-))
    But as I wrote I wish EDIS good luck there. EDIS is anyway one of the best VPS providers around.
    What location next: Vatican? :-)

• Doesnt a blessed server at the holy see sound great? And especially with the security they have I'd say a server would be really really ..... really ...... safe there. So yes, I'd go all for the Vatican ;)

From what I understood (and this might be wrong of course :) ) Liechtenstein is simply an additional (and rather expensive) location they offer, which most probably wont go mainstream but might have its target audience, who wouldnt mind the pricing.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2014

• neroux said: So yes, I'd go all for the Vatican ;)

I can't deny i did not try that. The Holy See IT is not interested in Colocation.

• William said: I can't deny i did not try that.

Seriously?

• Yes, i have long lists of possible DCs, Prices and contacts - I write a lot of mails, basically.

• @William said:
    Liechtenstein will never implement banking regulations (that is where this goes to in the end, implementing KYC requirements) as the EU wants, too much business in that. Billions of Billions to Trillions of Arab and Dictator money is stored there.

In re: LI will implement the OECD banking-transparency regulation (tax-cooperation) until 2016. Plus it will comply with the automatic exchange of banking information with the EU Member States.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited March 2014

OECD is not EU, read my posting. OECD is required to be implemented by anyone or they get cut off SWIFT at one point by now. and SWIFT is an US system, how surprising.

It will also not exchange any data (neither does Austria right now for anyone), thats plainly illegal (and this guy should know that) and would require a public vote to be changed (read the constitution) - Far right and opposition (yes that even exists there) are as well against it.

Further, LI accounts are almost neve rowned by a person but by a local holding which has a local lawyer as owner - The real owner is not known. Thus the exchanging is useless at all.