Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vesta Panel - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vesta Panel

2»

Comments

• mariomario Member

VestaCP Benefits: The nginx proxy and the fact that it's well configured out of the box. This is key. It is very evident to me that the entire purpose behind the project is quality. I'm a big fan :)

• ahmiqahmiq Member

I use vesta cp and is perfect , and is simple. The ipv6 work is going on and also nginx only server too. So if that happens , i am sure it will be the best free cp out there.

• nunimnunim Member

@rawvps said:
    VestaCP Benefits: The nginx proxy and the fact that it's well configured out of the box. This is key. It is very evident to me that the entire purpose behind the project is quality. I'm a big fan :)

Also, it supports Debian/Ubuntu which is a huge + in my eyes.

• PatsPats Member
    edited March 2014

Lazze said: I don't want apache on my servers since I only use nginx.

This also put me off (vestaCP) ... didn't wanted Apache eating my valuable RAM out of 512. Just needed pure Nginx.

• Why does nobody consider Froxlor ?

Nginx, Lighttpd and Apache support.

Beautiful looking gui and completely free for private and commercial use.

I really like Vesta aswell because of the nginx support and the auto installer but the gui doesn't look customer friendly for me.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2014

@wlucha said:
    Why does nobody consider Froxlor ?

Nginx, Lighttpd and Apache support.

Beautiful looking gui and completely free for private and commercial use.

I really like Vesta aswell because of the nginx support and the auto installer but the gui doesn't look customer friendly for me.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't froxlor the one that doesn't preconfigure most services and instead comes with configuration examples that are supposedly ready for you to copy and paste? I'm pretty sure that's the one that does that, and I've repeatedly installed it on supposedly supported distro versions only to find that their configurations weren't compatible with the current package version installed. I don't consider non-preconfigure installations as alternatives to preconfigured installations, but maybe that's just me. I could be thinking of something else.

• BabahBabah Member

no one mention Direct Admin?

• Babah said: no one mention Direct Admin?

It's not free, very old interface with weird logic in some areas but very stable and mature. If you want to pay and don't mind of the interface, DA is better than CPanel IMHO.

No one mentions Virtualmin/Webmin?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@jvnadr said:
    No one mentions Virtualmin/Webmin?

Probably because I think the OP wasn't asking for another "what's your favorite panel" thread but it inevitably always becomes the same thread over and over hahah

• @jarland offtopic rules! :-)

Thanked by 1jar
  • progammerprogammer Member
    edited March 2014

I have used kloxo in past and now I am using Virtualmin and Webmin, You can easily setup a very stable server with them.

For your requirements:

(1). Yes
    (2). Yes
    (3). Not Sure, you can google it.
    (4). Yes
    (5). Yes
    (6). Not sure, but you can google it.