Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH MARCH SPECS NY/TX/CA/IL OVERSTOCK SALE! 250GB DISK/70TB BW/4GB RAM, 30c IPs starting @ $8/yr! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH MARCH SPECS NY/TX/CA/IL OVERSTOCK SALE! 250GB DISK/70TB BW/4GB RAM, 30c IPs starting @ $8/yr!

Comments

• @Virtovo said:
    I have to ask. Why 2024mb and 4048mb?

must be a mistake. everyone knows 2GB = 2048 and 4GB = 4096

• bonus please :)

• did chicago get ipv6 yet? still waiting on allocation from the last deal thread...

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@iLLagHee said:
    did chicago get ipv6 yet? still waiting on allocation from the last deal thread...

What's your ticket hash?

• That raindog pissed on my dedi offer for being too good (expensive)

Jonny do you want to post an offer for $49 ?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Bruce said: That raindog pissed on my dedi offer for being too good (expensive)

No, the admins "pissed" on your offer - they make the rules, not me.

• The offers are great, but I'm waiting for the Amsterdam offers..... difficult to wait... please hurry ;)
    No don't hurry, take your time and make it good...

• Those prices just have to be too good to be true.. must resist...

• For $8, I'm tempted to find out if good ol' Green Valley Host are as shite as people claim, or if it's all stuff n' nonsense.

The locations are what's turning me off right now, as I have multiple services in all those DC's already, shame NL is ready now otherwise I might have taken a punt.

• @Bruce said:
    bonus please :)

Ticket Created #352304

• Bandwidth fair (sa)usage policy?

• BruceBruce Member
    edited February 2014

Bandwidth 73.24 TB

Memory 3.95 GB

Burst 6 GB

anyone else get this? should be 75TB and 4GB. not that I'd notice the different on bandwidth, but I guess someone just typed in 75000GB rather than 75TB. and I guess 3.95GB is about 4000MB

• @Nekki said:
    For $8, I'm tempted to find out if good ol' Green Valley Host are as shite as people claim, or if it's all stuff n' nonsense.

The locations are what's turning me off right now, as I have multiple services in all those DC's already, shame NL is ready now otherwise I might have taken a punt.

Well. The bandwidth. If you like 10mbit, then go right ahead :)

• ztecztec Member
    edited February 2014

Anyone that ordered has his VPS online yet?

• BruceBruce Member
    edited February 2014

@ztec said:
    Anyone that ordered has his VPS online yet?

4Mb/s :(

currently says

...in progress, please wait...

probably flames coming out the server as everyone loads up. hope it settles to a decent speed later

• @Nekki said:
    shame NL is ready now otherwise I might have taken a punt.

EXISTING CUSTOMERS WILL BE GIVEN PRE-RELEASE EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNTS

maybe the discount is better than $8. is it worth a gamble? if not, you can cancel after 45 days anyway

• @Bruce said:
    maybe the discount is better than $8. is it worth a gamble? if not, you can cancel after 45 days anyway

@Bruce You are wrong. Refund only applied on your first-time order. So the next order you will have what you pay.

• @Noerman said:
    Bruce You are wrong.

how? pay $8 now. wait for exclusive offers to existing customers in March. if you don't like the offers, cancel your account. if the exclusive discount isn't more than $8 and you don't love the offer, cancel your account. if you love the offer, then sign up and take the discount (and cough give me your $8 account you don't want in a yankDC)

simples!

• @Bruce said:
    anyone else get this? should be 75TB and 4GB. not that I'd notice the different on bandwidth, but I guess someone just typed in 75000GB rather than 75TB. and I guess 3.95GB is about 4000MB

same like me.

@0xdragon said:

yeah average is 10mbit for now, but sometimes speed up to 30mbit. hope it will get better in future.

• What a joke. I ordered an extra IP and didn't get it and then my vSwap is only 2.05 GB. I put in a ticket for the extra IP and I get told:

Please keep in mind that all orders take up to 24 hours as we must be check for:

• Preliminary account detail accuracy
    • Addons due to manual setup
    • Fraud

When you now say:

ALL ORDERS ARE NOW INSTANTLY ACTIVATED UPON PASSING AUTOMATED FRAUD CHECKS

Thanked by 1sirmbhe
  • @0xdragon said:

Nothing I'd do with an $8/year VPS would need more than 3mbit tops, so doesn't bother me.

• the time to make an impression is when a customer first joins. reading the offer here it states quite a few things

• Priority Support via 5 channels: Ticket Helpdesk, Email, Phone, Community Forums, Skype

OK, ticket helpdesk I can find. neither website or welcome email says anything about email, phone, forum, or skype. I'm presuming forum <> LET

website says:

24/7 Tech Support

"Business hours" is not an excuse. Our tech support will ALWAYS be there for you!

We don't outsource! We directly hire our OWN in-house US and UK based systems administrators for tech duty around the clock. Ticket responses are only 10 minutes on average!

my ticket was answered after 61mins with

Please keep in mind that all orders take up to 24 hours as we must be check for:

WTF kind of answer is that?

Look, I'm not unhappy with the service at all. What do I really expect for $5.95? I'm OK with waiting a bit. But if you're going to offer these things, you need to be able to deliver. either they're flooded with new customers, or it's a hollow promise. I actually hope they're just busy, as it means things will get better. fingers crossed.

• Glad you stumped up the $8 so I didn't have to.

• For the $8.00/year offer is it 25TB per month or for the year?

• For those asking if the bandwidth is per month or per year, it is per month. As per the IO issues that some of you may have experienced earlier, it was due to the amount of people that just got their VPS wanting to run benchmarks. It should be back to normal now.

To address customers regarding the extra IPs, if you qualify you likely have already been given you freebies. All the "first 10", "first 20" offers are filled. We're trying to get as many of those sales/billing tickets handled now as quickly as possible.

... More updates are soon to follow once things are cleaned up.

• @GreenValueHost

Are thinking about EU locations ?

• any testing ip?

• Offers look amazing. It's a shame it's US only. Will there be similar offers for EU ? thanks.

• 8 core vps for just $8 an year!!! I just paid and got instant delivery.

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 V2 @ 3.50GHz
    Number of cores : 8
    CPU frequency :  3501.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 768 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime :   8 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 34.8MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 28.0MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 24.2MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 7.40MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 10.7MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 14.5MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 5.03MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 19.3MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 15.3MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 79.8MB/s
    I/O speed :  144 MB/s

did I run the wrong code or it is just error delivery, Haha.