Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net Charging Me for broken server!!!!! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net Charging Me for broken server!!!!!

2»

Comments

• @programer If you don't use it, why wouldn't you cancel it?

• tchentchen Member

@pbalazs123 said:
    programer If you don't use it, why wouldn't you cancel it?

Low End Disease

• @tchen, @pbalazs123, Good point. But you had missed out the last line of the post which conveyed that I am learning, I am presently using only VPS servers, my sites are growing a bit, willing to move to some Europe based providers who are offering better service/ specs. To know more about dedicated servers and the problems we may face when using the dedi will be learned only if you use them for quite a while. Hence obtained a dedi and learning new things, and its required for some more time of atleast two more months.

Presently what I am learning is the basic concepts of managing a server, command line operation ( Debian), securing servers and the problem one may face if they mess with the setup improperly, running a site with free control panels etc.

Hope it answered your queries

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

The bigger the provider the more negative reviews there will be of course.

LowEnd customers will always have more complaints. Keep that in mind.

• tchentchen Member

@programer Sorry for the Low End Disease jab. My misunderstanding of what you wrote. I say keep it and learn from it. Keep your head cool and don't do silly things like chargeback out on three days' notice. At the very least, you'll likely get to deal with a lot more hardware/performance problems you normally wouldn't get at a higher tier provider.

• @tchen : Nope, I dont do any chargebacks, Till date i never did, neither tried. I do know that when you go for low cost providers, you expect headache. I am in this just to learn and well, as you rightly pointed out with a low cost provider you can expect more hardware/ performance problems and I wish to learn new things out of it and learn. I will keep my head cool, just use this for learning purpose, and even if i wish to cancel i will do it before 20th of that month which is their terms of cancellation.