Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net Charging Me for broken server!!!!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net Charging Me for broken server!!!!!

lukenstinelukenstine Member
edited February 2014 in General

So I signed up for online.net dedicated server. Used it for a week and I did some server maintence I found too many inconsistencys I asked them to fix it or give me a new one. They tell me they will fix it and give me a month free. 3 days go by nothing. So I tell them to cancel my aacount and give my money back. I ask them for a refund no answer. So I call paypal and they refund me 80% of my money back. 2 weeks later online net sends me an email saying they are turning over my unpaid bill to bailiff who will collect the funds. They are charging me for a broken server!!!!

Comments

• Raising a paypal dispute isn't a good way to solve problems, always.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Why did you charge back? You should have contacted them.

• lukenstinelukenstine Member
    edited February 2014

@AlexanderM said:
    Why did you charge back? You should have contacted them.

I did I got no reply or it took them a week to reply

1. File paypal dispute and shut up.
    2. Go to public forum and bitch.
    3. Try to work it out with provider, win or lose, take it like a man and move on.

Attempting to do more then one of the above at the same time will cause unstable results. :-)
    Thanked by 2MCHPhil k0nsl
  • Even though I'm not a host, I don't really have sympathy for people who raise PayPal disputes or file chargebacks unless necessary. Did you try calling online.net?

• So you just performed a chargeback after three days of not hearing from them? Pft.

• @revnja said:
    So you just performed a chargeback after three days of not hearing from them? Pft.

To you 3 days is probably nothing. To me that's me losing almost $100.

Thanked by 1redo
  • @FrankZ said:

1. File paypal dispute and shut up.
    2. Go to public forum and bitch.
    3. Try to work it out with provider, win or lose, take it like a man and move on.

Attempting to do more then one of the above at the same time will cause unstable results. :-)

When I tell people I have apples for them then I will deliever them fresh clean un bitten apples. No one is bitchin.

• the first thing I did after recieving my cheap dedicated server from online.net was realizing i made a mistake by just going for it because of its low price.. Later on i read more about them on LET and what I did read was not positive at all, it was almost depressing. After reading about them charging your paypal setup fee's while there officially aren't any I decided to disable them access to my paypal by breaking the agreement using Paypal. This did save me from this shitty company because when i log in now i see no services and pending invoices.

They might be offering very good deals but trust me, they are not legit. And at the moment you try to cancel a service on a formal way they will start throwing shit like collection agencies at you.

In the end you will PAY MORE.

Thanked by 2support123 Mun
  • FrankZ said: Attempting to do more then one of the above at the same time will cause unstable results. :-)

very wise

• facepalm

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

You need to cancel your server before 20th or they will charge for the new month. I think it's said long time ago on other threads.

• @Mark_R said:

They might be offering very good deals but trust me, they are not legit.

I don't think thats accurate.
    Anyway I think the op should contact the Online.net staff instead. (My opinion though)

At least give it a shot.

As for the refunds and the charge you had after, I think you should review their TOS.
    People nowadays don't bother reading these.

• They once charged me a few months for a server that had been canceled months before -.-'

• What issues did you have with the server?

• Good luck on them collecting. If your in the US you have no worries.

• lukenstinelukenstine Member
    edited February 2014

@wych said:
    What issues did you have with the server?

they gave me a dead server. it was broken

• Meh, they said they would send my fee's to a collection agency as well. Nothing has happened so far. This was for like 10 euros.

• I've been given a server that locks up every 4 days at least.. sometimes even logging into in via SSH kills it.

• princeshoko said: Good luck on them collecting. If your in the US you have no worries.

Maybe not but they can hit your credit record easily enough.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Check the SMART data of the hard drive.

• @shovenose said:
    Check the SMART data of the hard drive.

Please explain

• You're renting a dedi and you don't know what is S.M.A.R.T?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

SMART it that thing which sends you a email when you have configured, when something vent wrong.

• S.M.A.R.T. is the hard drive information such as failures, drive hours and much more.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @lukenstine said:
    Pft. To you 3 days is probably nothing. To me that's me losing almost $100.

You shouldn't have went with the cheapest you could find then.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @Bogdacutuu said:
    You shouldn't have went with the cheapest you could find then.

Well the reviews were great on here and wht.

• spitsspits Member

i have had online.net for a few months, other then 1 time the network port got shut off randomly, i put in a ticket and they fixed it within a few minutes. other then that issue, i've never had any problems with them, i'm not sure where all this hate for online.net is coming from.

• @spits said:
    i have had online.net for a few months, other then 1 time the network port got shut off randomly, i put in a ticket and they fixed it within a few minutes. other then that issue, i've never had any problems with them, i'm not sure where all this hate for online.net is coming from.

I wouldn't call it hate. People just like to share their experiences.

If necessary I could fill this whole page with links to bad experience reviews of online.net, there is a reason so many people have negative experience with them don't you think?

• I had obtained a server with them just before some days, should i cancel it or have it? I am not using it for hosting anything just to learn..