Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DoS on my home IP - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DoS on my home IP

2»

Comments

• @joodle said:

I was referring to your ISP lease timing not LAN DHCP. you might not have access to it. try checking if there's network logs. they might show it.

• I've set my router onto Bridged-mode and got a new IP-address. Then I went to the vDSL-settings and set it to static, with the info I've got using Briged-mode. Unfortunately, my ISP blocks static IP settings, and therefore I didn't have any connection.

• if you change your IP, or use a proxy, won't this person just find the IP again and DOS the new IP?

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@DennisdeWit my ISP doesn't allow blocking port 80

Not allow to block port 80 in your PC Firewall?

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    DennisdeWit my ISP doesn't allow blocking port 80

Nope, they consider that a server.

• i dont get why your ISP doesn´t understand the situation and just assigns you a new IP..

isn´t it better for both parties to have this resolved?

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    DennisdeWit my ISP doesn't allow blocking port 80

Traffic passes through the router first, so if the router is down, then there's no use for the firewall at the PC as the PC is not even reachable anymore.

• Hi there Dennis, just ask them for a new ip. It worked for me when i had KPN.

• @smiba said:
    Hi there Dennis, just ask them for a new ip. It worked for me when i had KPN.

I have Telfort (former Tiscali) and they e-mailed me that it is not technically possible to assign a new IP-address and I should call their far to expensive helpdesk when I get attacked again. Most attacks are in the weekends. Guess who's closed then? Yup, their helpdesk.

• Hmm, if you really care about your radio move to a differant provider. Big chances your ip will also change. Or say your ip is broken if they are that stupid... Maybe someone will create a ticket to the tech department.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@Jack said:
    Home ISP's don't have support on phone systems that could do something like this..

Mine does. Support can do all things tech(that don't require them to come to my house).

• Depends on the type of DoS but it maybe possible to identify where he is launching the attacks from and report it as abuse. Whether the owner of the source IP range reacts is another story, but might be worth a shot if you aren't able to get out of the way of the attacks

• DennisdeWit said: I've set my router onto Bridged-mode and got a new IP-address.

So your problem is basically solved then?

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    So your problem is basically solved then?

No. Because I can't use a home network now.