Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fake details provided to provider - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fake details provided to provider

13»

Comments

• marcm said: Hello, I've repeatedly asked a question: why did you sign up with false credentials?

He is avoiding this :(

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

buyerbeware said: All those name changes in 3 short years

...which apparently didn't bother you when you signed up.

Thanked by 2ryanarp Infinity
  • @raindog308 we have the name changes in our company history, and this will be the last one. I wanted to broaden the horizon a bit and didn't want VPS or Cloud in the name. The name changes have always been part of the About Us page as well.

• My first time to see a VPS business using a .guru domain.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

marcm said: we have the name changes in our company history

Oh I'm not criticizing you - I'm just saying that the OP seems to be complaining about something that happened before he signed up (at least one of the name changes).

• marcm said: we have the name changes in our company history, and this will be the last one

maybe the last for this year ? :)

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • I changed the thread title a bit to reflect the situation at hand.

Thanked by 1marcm
  • @mpkossen said:
    I changed the thread title a bit to reflect the situation at hand.

Wouldn't 'Unsubstantiated tl;dr rant about perfecthosting' be a better reflection?

Thanked by 1marcm
  • @mpkossen A more appropriate title would be:
    "Fraudulent customer complaining about PerfectHosting.guru support/refunds".

Since he purchased the service using false credentials and a hacked PayPal account. If you need additional proof I'd be more than happy to send it via PM.

Thanked by 1forthcloud
  • Funny thread. Thanks for giving me 30 minutes of entertainment.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2014

@buyerbeware

Let me explain you how hosting business works in a few words.

You must be asking your self why your host needs your real contact details ?
    Your host is responsible for every bad thing that you can potentially do. If you do something illegal everyone is going after your host. Then your host can help you out (take your bullet) or address government or whoever is after this matter to you.

Why is that important ? Host can suffer financially, even with jail time because of your potential illegal activities.

Why do you expect from host to be honest to you if your are not honest ? Lots of reputable hosts here have abuse department. Those guys in Abuse Departmen are also screening customers. When you enter fake contact data you are lying to your host, and most likely you have reason for that. Reason in most cases is illegal activity in future.

Refund ? This really depends on host. If you broke (and you did) their TOS you may don't get your refund.

Paying with stolen CC or hacked PayPal account Host will not be able to collect that payment as CC company or PayPal will put that money on hold, and at the end return money to sender.

Now i have question for you, why did you spoof your identity ?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2014

Hey, if there is a stolen paypal account, that is a serious economical crime! @Marcm, did you let the police and paypal know that?

On the other hand, you could also explain to/inform the community about the maintenance issue in your primary site and the 522 cloudflare error in the other. In the end, you are a really active member of this community and got mostly good reviews here, during time. SO, that could be good if you could say about the downtime of your sites.

• Hrm, if any degree of downtime would cost me income, I would have been on the horn during the first 30 minutes.

Also far as the username and the hiding behind anonymity, most of the world has learned to ignore those kind of reviews, they lack credibility.

Personally though, if I was behind the helm, and I saw it as fraudulent activity, we wouldn't have had much of a discussion for you to make threats.

This discussion has been closed.