Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Should I just get a VDS

Well I was suspended (probably fairly) from my VPS provider for using 100% CPU, unsuspended quickly.

But then I checked and CPU steal was 20-50% (not throttled), honestly not going to complain about it nobody else matches their price.

But, I'm a bit tired of this constant search for a VPS that can satisfy my bandwidth/CPU requirements. Should I just get a VDS at this point?

Folks are telling me to get a dedi but that isn't possible for me. Maybe I should just give up

Comments

  • Or just switch to a provider that doesn't suspend you for something like this, or at least notifying you in 24h in advance.

  • @luckypenguin said:
    Or just switch to a provider that doesn't suspend you for something like this, or at least notifying you in 24h in advance.

    And are there any such providers that I can afford? None allow me to fully utilize CPU / bandwidth / etc. at a reasonable rate. Where can I find such a provider?

  • MikeAMikeA Patron Provider, Veteran

    @averagedatahoarder said:

    @luckypenguin said:
    Or just switch to a provider that doesn't suspend you for something like this, or at least notifying you in 24h in advance.

    And are there any such providers that I can afford? None allow me to fully utilize CPU / bandwidth / etc. at a reasonable rate. Where can I find such a provider?

    What do you get and pay for now

  • sumosumo Member

    Isn’t OVH VPS something people usually recommend? https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/vps/

  • RAVNIXRAVNIX Member, Patron Provider

    The lowest your gonna get true 10gbps unmetered is over $500/mo for any decent blend, maybe less on single homed cogent/gtt or on an oversold network.

Sign In or Register to comment.