New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.
All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.
All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.
Comments
We're not a 1-man operation. We've got TWO whole people. And I did already pre-pay a month of service from a 3rd who'd work as a contractor, but because I'm retarded and busy I never created onboarding documentation or anything so basically just paid a dude to sit idle with no access to anything. Woops.
Anyway, 2 or 3 trustworthy well paid people is better than outsourcing to a 3rd world ticket factory even if they don't do the needful as fast.
Confirmed, please ban

edit: I view LET too much anyway
LOL. Turns out it's not just the customer that idle. Also have you consider to on-board your wife so it became a "family business"?
Ticket factory is cheap solution, but risk of agent deviating from SOP is high enough, risky. I think I have seen 3-4 times where LET provider's ticketing agent asked for the vps/root password. So, good choice 👍
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I will overtake you in 2035/2036

Why? Get LIR and own ASN is not much harder than open a company, you pay and that's it. And OVH, for example, has BYOIP, so you can announce own IPs from OVH network. It's same reseller, but with ASN.
An ASN is not a sign that you cannot make a mess of things. Examples enough to be found of that.
Asn costs money and requires knowledge. It may serve as a barier for entrance into hosting business. But yes, it does not define if vendor malicious.
Once she learns English, she's getting onboarded. (/s)
Once IncogilizuorMCSadmin is released I'll be saving enough on licensing fees that I can hire ten good men. (Also /s)
VirMach has its own ASN. Does this make it more reliable? Huh?
fruit and vegestables: $22,500.
Also "the famous" C1V hosting has its own ASN. Does this make them more reliable and should we bring the basement datacenter guy back? (With his "AI optimized" services)
Does ihost fart has ASN?
I've heard the owner has behaved poorly but in the year I've had services with him, I've never had any reliability issues. Actually, I don't think there's been enough downtime for me to even notice.
https://bgp.tools/as/214209
https://bgp.tools/as/214209 according to their footer website
No downtime, true, but poor quality for me.