Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Servers + Hosting website offers limited information - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Servers + Hosting website offers limited information

Comments

• @EricCubixCloud said: This would go for any VPS provider no matter the age, don't you agree?

i don't really agree. experience is what matters and you don't know the very basics. i, at least, wouldn't trust you.

• edited April 2012

@OneTwo said: experience is what matters and you don't know the very basics. i, at least, wouldn't trust you.

Not to argue, but you do agree with me. As you state right here ^ It's the experience that matters, NOT the age of the individual. You could have an 18 year old with more experience then a 35 year old. You see what I mean..

• @EricCubixCloud yes but you see, you don't have the experience. that's the problem, that's my opinion. I'm not going to start an argument here.

• @OneTwo said: you don't have the experience.

Right. This is a fair point you bring up. Just wanted to settle that we both agree, experience matters much more than how long this individual has been on earth.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

There is no standard. In this case someone could see your old logo ideas, etc.

• debugdebug Member

@EricCubixCloud said: @OneTwo said: what's the matter with kids on your age founding vps

We offer more then VPS
    Nothing is the matter with it....
    It's not illegal currently.

You can't sign contracts, so if you are the owner you legally can not sign a lease to a colo center/rent a dedi, etc.

• @debug said: You can't sign contracts

I do not work alone as I said above. I just seem to do most of the front end work with customers, website, etc. :)

• OneTwoOneTwo Member
    edited April 2012

@EricCubixCloud said: I do not work alone

You work with who? Who would let a kid work with customers and do the front end?
    Lying isn't going to work, believe me.

• @EricCubixCloud said: I do not work alone

I don't really want to get involved in this, but since you brought it up, who? The domain is also registered to you, so I'm curious...

• MrDOSMrDOS Member

@OneTwo, c'mon, lay off. I was in a similar situation when I was 15-16, and you'd be surprised how quickly people stop caring about your age.

• @MrDOS said: c'mon, lay off.

i just pointed out his 15 so people can decide if they'll trust him with his data or not. that's all.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@OneTwo said: i just pointed out his 15 so people can decide if they'll trust him with his data or not. that's all.

Please elaborate on what age has to do with "trusting someone with your data".

• quirkyquarkquirkyquark Member
    edited April 2012

@joepie91 said: Please elaborate on what age has to do with "trusting someone with your data".

So yes, age does have something to do with it ;)

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • @joepie91 said: Please elaborate on what age has to do with "trusting someone with your data".

No experience = Can make any mistake. He couldn't chmod a directory properly.

@OneTwo said: No experience = Can make any mistake. He couldn't chmod a directory properly.

What does age have to do with experience? We're discussing two entirely different concepts here.

• @joepie91 said: What does age have to do with experience?

A 15 year old can't have much experience in anything. And to make a company that you get paid by needs experience.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@OneTwo said: A 15 year old can't have much experience in anything. And to make a company that you get paid by needs experience.

So that means I don't have any experience in anything, because I'm 14. Sorry that does not make sense, refine your argument and come back.

Sure there are a large number of kiddies who believe they can go into the VPS hosting business without any relevant experience or little, that doesn't mean all kids of the same age do the same and it does not mean they don't have experience in anything.

In this case however I am on OneTwo's side since I don't like it when people use 'we' instead of just admitting that it's only one person. I hate the 'we are working on it' phrase. It doesn't take much man-power to figure out how to disable directory listing especially with the aid of cPanel.

@OneTwo said: A 15 year old can't have much experience in anything. And to make a company that you get paid by needs experience.

Sorry, but that's a retarded argument. I am not aware of any yearly handout of 'experience' that you magically get on every birthday you have.

In other words, you probably shouldn't be judging people on 'experience' without knowing more about what they have done or gone through. And you should especially not be using an argument (age) that holds no direct relationship with experience, but only a statistical correlation.

• @OneTwo said: You work with who?

Who wouldn't? I run the company, I started it, I was the one who wanted to do this but obviously I'm not here 24/7 nor so I have all the skills so I have server admins and a few others helping me out. I'm not working alone, as I'm said.

@OneTwo said: Lying isn't going to work, believe me.

Who do you think you are? :P So funny

• @joepie91 said: you should especially not be using an argument (age) that holds no direct relationship with experience, but only a statistical correlation.

Actually, a strong statistical correlation is a VERY good basis upon which to make an argument.

• @quirkyquark said: statistical correlation

Graphs or it never happened.

• Thanks for all the support from everyone at LET, I do appreciate it. For the ones arguing, have fun, I'm dropping out of the conversation at this time. I don't like arguments. I think I've given all facts about my myself that I am willing to.

For the ones who don't trust me solely because of my age, I assume you will never purchase anything from us. That's great though because I probably don't want you as a customer.

As always, you can e-mail me with any questions you may have regarding the services we offer: [email protected] or submit a sales ticket.

Enjoy the rest of your day, I've got to get going.

• @joepie91 said: Sorry, but that's a retarded argument. I am not aware of any yearly handout of 'experience' that you magically get on every birthday you have.

ahahahaha, that's the best statement ever. Well said, good sir. You're my hero.

• @joepie91: jstor should be available at NL unis. If you are interested in reading I can PM you a link.

@quirkyquark said: @joepie91: jstor should be available at NL unis. If you are interested in reading I can PM you a link.

I don't go to university ;)
    A link would be welcome though :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Damian said: @joepie91 said: Sorry, but that's a retarded argument. I am not aware of any yearly handout of 'experience' that you magically get on every birthday you have.

Hmmm.. like Ragnarok???

• debugdebug Member

@joepie91 said: Sorry, but that's a retarded argument. I am not aware of any yearly handout of 'experience' that you magically get on every birthday you have.

Let's see, let's say you started managing servers at 13. He's 15. That's only 2 years of experience, and with that you still don't know how to properly chmod a directory (or prevent directory listing with cPanel :|). While there isn't a yearly handout of 'experience', being older does guarantee a larger chance of being put in situations, that gain experience in learning how to manage a server.

• I think we can all agree that experience can be only gained over time. Therefore a 15 years old can't have as much experience as a 35 years old (given they both started managing servers at the same time and gained experience at a same rate)

Thanked by 1raindog308