Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few domains up for grabs [me.gl, mi.gy] - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A few domains up for grabs [me.gl, mi.gy]

13»

Comments

• debugdebug Member

$10 for mi.gy

@Daniel

• The renewal for mi.gy is £27 ex-vat, £32.29 inc-vat at Gandi.net.
    Ideally, like the other domains, I'd like to have not made a loss. Therefore, I'll have to set the reserve price at £32.29.

Throwing in VPSs to sweeten the deal is allowed ;)

• Well, that was quick.
    I have another techie related .SH domain, but It's not past the 60 day no-transfer window thingymedoodle.

• tommytommy Member

lol, he sell that domain on WHT :)

• u4iau4ia Member

@ElliotJ said: I have another techie related .SH domain

What is it?

• @tommy said: lol, he sell that domain on WHT :)

Something wrong with that? I also have it on dnforum and namepros if you are curious

• @seraphkz Good luck with the sale. I'm pretty sure you can get more than what you paid for :)

• NickWNickW Member

When does the auction end?

• @ElliotJ said: @seraphkz Good luck with the sale. I'm pretty sure you can get more than what you paid for :)

Thank you :) Not 100% set on selling the domain yet. Might just make something out of it.

• @u4ia
    PM'ed, but I thought I might as well announce it.
    It's VPN.sh.

@NickW
    I'm waiting on a few replies regarding their offers.
    There's no set 'bidding', per se, since it's not exactly public at the moment.
    Fundamentally, it's 'the person who beats everyone else's bids wins'.
    Perhaps it's an odd way of doing it, but since it's becoming a reasonably expensive auction I'm taking it slowly.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@ElliotJ jesus christ, you're gonna make a bomb off VPN.sh

Out of interest, do you frequently buy sweet domains and sell them on? If so, is it actually a decent way of making the odd bit of cash on the side? Might consider it :)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@liamwithers said: Out of interest, do you frequently buy sweet domains and sell them on? If so, is it actually a decent way of making the odd bit of cash on the side? Might consider it :)

@ElliotJ Is just addicted to buying domains he doesn't need but convinces himself he'll use it, uses it for a week or so then decides he doesn't have time and sells 'em on.

@Infinity lmaoo, sounds about right :P. But if he's had vpn.sh for less than 60 days.. why on earth would you sell that straight away. Hold onto it for a while, could surely potentially makes LOTS off of that?

Slightly off-topic.. how many trillions do ya reckon Overclockers paid for their o.co domain? :P

• ElliotJElliotJ Member
    edited April 2012

@liamwithers said: Out of interest, do you frequently buy sweet domains and sell them on? If so, is it actually a decent way of making the odd bit of cash on the side? Might consider it :)

For a 17 year old guy, it is a decent way of making the odd bit of cash on the side ;)
    The issue is finding them; although the .sh registry is ridiculously under-exploited for starters, finding me.gl took literally a week or so - I was trying co.**, no luck really.

@Infinity said: @ElliotJ Is just addicted to buying domains he doesn't need but convinces himself he'll use it, uses it for a week or so then decides he doesn't have time and sells 'em on.

The real question is: Will I make more out of developing the domain, than just selling it on? Since I realised it'd be the latter with a bunch of these domains, that's exactly what I'm doing.

Oh, and I have a few domains for the lulz.
    Government.pm, Labour.pm and Conservative.pm (LiberalDemocrats.pm will never be needed [/UKPoliticsJoke])

@liamwithers said: Slightly off-topic.. how many trillions do ya reckon Overclockers paid for their o.co domain? :P

On Sedo, e.co went for $81,000.
    Baring in mind 'eco' makes it worth a hell of a lot more.
    I'm presuming o.co and t.co went for ~$50K.

edited April 2012

@ElliotJ

Yeahh.. was just thinking the same thing, I'm 17 too, and could probably do with a way of making some cash before September so that I can buy a few extra tins of beans when I get to uni D:.

Yeahh, I noticed that with the .sh domains.. there's one which I already wanna purchase :P, but I'm skint atm :(.

Mhmm, that's the thing isn't it.. would it be worth making something from it or not :). Ahahaa, as if you've gone and got those domains :P, that's pretty funny tbf :D

• JacobJacob Member

@ElliotJ Are you just paying £35 / Domain hoping that someone will buy it for more? :-) I could think of better ways to Invest money.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member
    edited April 2012

@Jacob
    I'm sure there are, but domaineering isn't too bad really for a 17 year old student with a low personal income.

If you think about it, It's fairly cheap to get into and relatively low risk that's not even mentioning the ROI, which is incredibly high.
    You'd hope to get, perhaps a 20% ROI on a house if you're lucky, but it's not uncommon to get a 1000% ROI on a domain.

• Slight update.

Me.GL has successfully been transferred to @NickW.
    Smooth and easy transaction, thank-you very much :)

Mi.GY is still available for anyone who's interested.

• NickWNickW Member

• tommytommy Member

@seraphkz said: Something wrong with that? I also have it on dnforum and namepros if you are curious

no, nothing wrong