Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM Support?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM Support?

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited April 2012 in General

Heya

I bought a VPS there for a VPN (To watch Hulu) and i made a support ticket there about enabling TUN/TAP
But they don't respond... waited for around 5 hours

How long did YOU wait for BlueVM Support?

Comments

• 5 hours for a non urgent ticket is nothing.

• @joodle said: waited for around 5 hours

• Do they have something in their AUP/TOS/SLA about length of time that they respond within?

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@joodle said: But they don't respond

I think you don't need to make pressure on the guy opening a thread for each disappointment... I'm sure you can live some hours without hulu ;)

• @Damian said: Do they have something in their AUP/TOS/SLA about length of time that they respond within?

Nope, can't find anything there

• @joodle: SSH tunnel/socks proxy until then?

• @prometeus said: I think you don't need to make pressure on the guy opening a thread for each disappointment... I'm sure you can live some hours without hulu ;)

I'm watching it right now (buffering....)
    But that one is sooooo slow, limited to 50 kb/s...

• @quirkyquark said: SSH tunnel/socks proxy until then?

I'm on windows here

• debugdebug Member

It's only been 5 hours...on a low priority ticket....on a budget provider.

That's pretty acceptable IMO, my max would be ~24 hours

• @joodle said: I'm on windows here

>

Socks proxys do not work on firefox?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2012

@prometeus said: opening a thread for each disappointment

Not just disappointments, http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/1496/today-is-my-bday.

Looking at the price, you can't expect more, at least wait a day. After 48 hours is when I'd start getting worried.

• FWIW, you should have signed up with us. I'm sitting here answering support tickets interactively.

(/shameless-selfpromotion)

• @Damian

With 30GB Traffic, how much can i view at hulu?

edited April 2012

Where did you find 30GB traffic? Look at their plans on their website, from what I can see their plans start at 200GB traffic.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • 30GB for the small 1.99 plan

@joodle said: 30GB for the small 1.99 plan

There are other plans, and no one is focing you to buy it.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • DamianDamian Member
    edited April 2012

@joodle: No idea.. quite a few of our European customers are known to use it for watching Hulu and Netflix and haven't been bouncing into their quotas.

Netflix HD content is about 1 gigabyte per hour. Not sure about Hulu. Does Hulu even do HD?

(Edit) How many MB or GB is used for every hour of watching Hulu on full screen?: http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100414134700AAEDVis

• @Damian

How much does 10GB or 20GB more traffic cost?

• 20 gigabytes at 3.1 cents per gigabyte = 62 cents per month additional.

• @Damian

So if i like, get a bit short at it, i can buy extra traffic anytime?

• Yeah, if you buy it with your plan, it's just lumped into your monthly rate, at whatever amount you'd like, at 3.1 cents per gigabyte.

If you buy it not as part of your monthly plan, but before you go over your allocation, then it's a minimum transaction of $2 / 3.1 cents = 65 gigabytes additional.

If you go over your allocation, then it's 8.8 cents per gigabyte.

Regardless, you should probably just wait for BlueVM to get in contact with you.

• Ima wait for some time, it's a bit more traffic :P

• @joodle said: Ima wait for some time

That's good. My Don't Be Evil mantra prevents me from stealing other's sales anyway, so there you go.

• @joodle said: I'm on windows here

Putty.exe

• thats not for ssh tunneling

• eh..that is? lol

• @joodle said: 30GB for the small 1.99 plan

That may be low, depending on how much you watch. Remember, using VPN, proxies, etc. means your traffic counts both ways, so you effectively have half, or 15 GB.

Maybe consider Hostigation's annual $20 plan then, at the Charlotte (East Coast) location -- 500 GB/month -- when it's available. Or TinyVZ at $15/500GB, in Kansas City (midwest). From recent discussions, VPSs on the West Coast (California) are currently not the best choice for OpenVPN from Europe.

• @joodle said: thats not for ssh tunneling

It is. Here's a tutorial, in four parts, with screenshots that explains everything down to configuring the socks proxy in firefox.

• To be fair, the providers whose sites you stole here waited much longer for what turned out to be an empty apology.

Thanked by 2Francisco jamson
  • yeah, true..