Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IP addresses fees in EU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IP addresses fees in EU

Hello,i remember IP addresses fees in EU are more expensive than USA,i'd like to know how much about one ip address fee in EU,and i want to know how can Bandwagon could provide EU VPS for $3.99/year(What a cheap price!).

Thanks.

Comments

• they could get around that by price using NAT

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited February 2014

They are using ARIN IP Space, not sure how well it'd go down if someone reported them.

• WorldWorld Veteran
    edited February 2014

@INIZ said:
    They are using ARIN IP Space, not sure how well it'd go down if someone reported them.

EDITED.

• @Iniz - they'd get their IP space revoked. From memory there is a section in their service agreement and often for allocations they want an officer of the company to sign a specific document that the IPs are only to be used in ARINs region.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2014

• MarkTurner said: they'd get their IP space revoked.

And never be able to get any IPs.

• @Infinity580 - The answer is no. ARIN only permits their IPs to be used with the ARIN region. I know, I had this discussion with them many times for our deployments in South America. They specifically told me on multiple occasions, ARIN IPs are for use with the USA, Canada and Caribbean only.

• @Giant_crab - ARIN will terminate their registration agreement. I don't know Bandwagon's IP addresses but it should also be registered to a valid US/Canadian or Caribbean company

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

In US IPV4 are still free. This is why many hosts offer dirt cheap VPSes to the LE market, so they can justify gobbling some more and sell with profit when they run out. Personally I think that is flawed and prices will not be so big to make them a big profit, but what do I know.
    In EU, though, IPv4 are not free, prices range from 50 to 200 a year best deals you can find for a /24. Will probably raise some more, but I do not think that is a big enough price to justify the madness that goes on in the secondary market. In a few years there will be less of a need for IPv4, especially in EU where there can be special plans and incentives from the EU commission if there will be a need, which I doubt. IP prices will never be higher than 2-3 Eur IMO, it currently costs one Eur to get a static IPv4 at home on a poor vDSL line (below 100 mbps).

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Maounique said:
    it currently costs one Eur to get a static IPv4 at home on a poor vDSL line (below 100 mbps).

WOW... £5.00 p/month for me so more like €7.00 EUR.

• Maounique said: prices range from 50 to 200 a year best deals you can find for a /24.

WHERE?!

• i feels to me like the price of IPV4 is like fuel at petrol stations in the UK.... only on the increase!

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited February 2014

@WetPi said:
    i feels to me like the price of IPV4 is like fuel at petrol stations in the UK.... only on the increase!

Yes however in this instance you will never see it drop even a tiny bit. It will only increase year by year. (For EU providers/RIPE specifically)

• edited February 2014

del

• Im paying €2.90 for IP in the netherlands... painful!

• INIZ said: Yes however in this instance you will never see it drop even a tiny bit. It will only increase year by year. (For EU providers/RIPE specifically)

Actually no, the RIPE fee was 1800 EUR last year, down to 1750 EUR this year.

• @rds100 said:
    Actually no, the RIPE fee was 1800 EUR last year, down to 1750 EUR this year.

And whats the max request RIPE allows for new LIRs (and old maybe too?) /22?

• charliecharlie Member, Host Rep

@INIZ said:
    And whats the max request RIPE allows for new LIRs (and old maybe too?) /22?

If you are a new company (or never have your own ip range before) you can giva a /22, and you can demand an other /22.

And you can pay a 2000 EUR one-time fee, and 1750 EUR / year for the /22 range.

• anyone looking at getting v6 allocations? what's the cost on v6?

• @Bruce said:
    anyone looking at getting v6 allocations? what's the cost on v6?

I believe they're free with the 1-time payment.

• @Bruce said:
    anyone looking at getting v6 allocations? what's the cost on v6?

First allocation is free then every other block is 50 EUR
    http://www.ripe.net/lir-services/resource-management/faq/faq-ipv6/how-much-do-ipv6-addresses-cost

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2014

MarkTurner said: @Iniz - they'd get their IP space revoked. From memory there is a section in their service agreement and often for allocations they want an officer of the company to sign a specific document that the IPs are only to be used in ARINs region.

I doubt. FDC use ARIN IPs in their Czech DC ( Zlin).

RIPE issues IP's to organizations registered in Europe whereas ARIN issues IP's to organizations registered in North America.
    As far as the actual usage of those IP's is concerned you can route them anywhere you want - the RIR's care where the organization that controls the IP's is located, not where the IP's end up being routed/used.

Also: ftp://ftp.ripe.net/pub/stats/ripencc/_README:

The RIPE Network Management Database contains information about IP address

space allocations and assignments. This information also indicates the country
    where resources were first allocated or assigned. However it is not intended
    that the data be considered as an authoritative statement of the location
    where any specific resource may currently be in use.

Therefore using this information for IP to country mapping may result in

inaccuracies and, as a result, in user's confusion in many cases.

For instance, as the Internet is global, it is easy for users to either

intentionally or unintentionally use IP addresses that have been assigned to
    a company conducting business in another region. For example, a user in Italy
    may be receiving ISP service from a company who gets a link to Japan via
    a satellite company run out of the US. Which company has the space registered
    depends on their business and networking arrangements.

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited February 2014

When you apply for IPv4 blocks, you must agree to only utilize IP addresses from ARIN within the ARIN region, and sign an officer attest form that states everything in the ticket is true to your knowledge, etc etc.

This is pulled straight from our last IPv4 ISP allocation request.

Please reply and verify that you will be using the requested number resources within the ARIN region and announcing all routing prefixes of the requested space from within the ARIN region. In accordance with section 2.2 of the NRPM, ARIN issues number resources only for use within its region. ARIN is therefore only able to provide for your in-region numbering needs.

https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html#two2

More information relating to Officer Attest forms can be located at the following URL: https://www.arin.net/resources/agreements/officer_attest.html

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2014

Is it always like that or one of the latest ARIN answers to IPv4 depletion?
    As example FDC use ARIN IPs in their Czech DC and OVH (partially) use IPs from RIPE space in Canada. I am pretty sure there's more examples not just those two.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited February 2014

@Spirit said:
    As example FDC use ARIN IPs in their Czech DC and OVH (partially) use IPs from RIPE space in Canada. I am pretty sure there's more examples not just those two.

RIPE is pretty lenient on this from what I hear and read couple of months back. Not sure about ARIN but we asked several months again and they pointed to the same NRPM section Skylar gave.

Also in requests ARIN ask you to confirm the IPs will only be used within ARIN region.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • @Spirit said:

We have delt with the specific "You will only use in ARIN region" question since we initially applied, so I'd assume it was part of Stage 3 or sooner.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • @SkylarM - you are completely correct that is the stock wording I get on every IPv4 request we make to ARIN.

@Spirit - there is no leniency, you have to agree that term then an executive officer has to sign a document to confirm this and scan/fax back.

If ARIN IPs are used outside ARINs region exclusively, they will revoke the allocation. If a ARIN user partially uses a block outside of ARINs region they'll get a 30 day notice to discontinue or they'll revoke the block.

You can also guarantee that the next time you apply for a block, it just wont happen or they'll investigate it IP by IP. ARIN very strict on this matter.

RIPE/APNIC and LACNIC are all tightening up on this. RIPE requires IPv4 only to be used in RIPE region, APNIC has almost stopped allocating space, LACNIC will do it under duress and AFRINIC I will tell you about when they have responded to our latest request for space.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • WetPi said: Im paying €2.90 for IP in the netherlands... painfu

Lol what about $8USD monthly for a single static IPv4 address in Asia.

Fucking APNIC.

TL:DR;
    Anyone lep0rted bandwagon host?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

What a big suprise, they also using arin ips' at there last offer in Germany (512MB OpenVZ for 10$ per Year)

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

They clearly said via PM they had a discussion with ARIN about it.

Since they are using the allocations within the US too, maybe ARIN was less strict about some of them being used outside? Strange, but let them explain before pointing fingers. Specially when bigger providers like FDC and even Cogent are doing it too.

@dcc