Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter VPS - First Time Customer - Provision Delayed due to winter storm - refunded - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter VPS - First Time Customer - Provision Delayed due to winter storm - refunded

Comments

• Boo no fair :-P haha just messing with ya.

• Lol, in the vein of no bad publicity, how many sales has Delimiter made off these "Delimiter sux" posts?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@talsit said:
    Lol, in the vein of no bad publicity, how many sales has Delimiter made off these "Delimiter sux" posts?

Several. These posts are made by people who cant/will not read.

• These people are either kids or sad, sad trolls wanting revenge for nothing...

• Yes, @netomx, so far I've been pretty happy with them.

Waiting for the 5150 stock to run out before I try the yearly coupon, what the heck would I do with another server...

Thanked by 1netomx

@talsit said:
    Yes, netomx, so far I've been pretty happy with them.

Waiting for the 5150 stock to run out before I try the yearly coupon, what the heck would I do with another server...

Me too. I ordered it :( I don't know why haha

• @talsit - don't wait, if you need one get that order in. There is about 30 hours left until the coupon finishes and probably 17-18 servers left. It would be nice to see them all sold before tomorrow's meeting. It will be an endorsement that Delimiter can move the volume and we get push for L5520s or E3s for the next offer.

• @netomx - because you'll be able to rent them back out the door for $30/month when Delimiter's run out and make an easy $15/month

• @MarkTurner, I made a ticket but, does Delimiter have IPv6?

• JupiterJupiter Member
    edited January 2014

Just got another one. I had no idea about this coupon ... Can i switch the other two i have to annual also with same coupon or its too late ...

• @talsit - of course - all locations have IPv6

@Jupiter - NP many people have done that, just PM me your email and the server IPs, I'll pass it to Steve

• Damn it... Delimiter is ruining my life, too many servers for my own good... Wasn't someone here starting a support group?

@MarkTurner ok ok... do you need a server? I can rent it to you :P

• MarkTurner said: @Jupiter - NP many people have done that, just PM me your email and the server IPs, I'll pass it to Steve

I had not received any IPs yet as all orders are still pending one week now. Thats part of the problem. I will open ticket mentioning your name so i can "annualize" all of them after and when they are delivered.

• @Netomx - there was a guy who spammed me on another forum with an offer to rent a Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB disk for $45/month. So I mailed him back, do you have a test IP so he sent over the IP. Hmmmm thats a Yomura IP, check it and it was assigned to Delimiter. Called Steve, he said that this guy had bought two chassis' worth of servers and now wanted another two chassis.

He was just buying them and then reselling for twice the price.

Thanked by 1netomx

@MarkTurner said:
    Netomx - there was a guy who spammed me on another forum with an offer to rent a Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB disk for $45/month. So I mailed him back, do you have a test IP so he sent over the IP. Hmmmm thats a Yomura IP, check it and it was assigned to Delimiter. Called Steve, he said that this guy had bought two chassis' worth of servers and now wanted another two chassis.

He was just buying them and then reselling for twice the price.

lol

• @Jupiter - PM me your email and I'll sort it via Steve. That way this will be done in time.

• I would take one at 30 a month but I do not get paid until tomorrow which blows for me. Even at 30 a month it is a good deal I think.

• @AuroraZ - raise the order and pay it then

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • @MarkTurner Thank you for the advice, so it has been written and so it has been done. :-)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @MarkTurner, fantastic support from the Delimiter staff and you, thanks.

FWIW, I do have an issue! I think the billing date on the server should be the provisioning date and not the order date. If I order a server on Friday and it gets provisioned the next Thursday I think the Thursday date should be the renewal date instead of the Friday date when I ordered it.

It might all pan out in the end but it is a little annoying when it looks like days awaiting provisioning are being charged.

• @talsit - you should be charged from the day of delivery, not the date of order. It should be updated the day after its delivered. If this has not happened, PM me your email and I'll chase it through in the morning for you.

@MarkTurner any updates with Debian on the Atom machines?

• @MarkTurner said:
    curmudgeon - I am actually raising this tomorrow in my meeting with Delimiter. I am recommending they have an order tracker and it will notify customers about the status of their order and also notify them if there has been a snafu like weather problems that will affect the delivery date.

If they agree it, it wont happen overnight but it may help get an automated status on your server delivery.

I highly recommend this. I feel the predelivery part of the orders have gotten the most negative feedback on LET since these offers came up.

• @0xdragon said:
    These people are either kids or sad, sad trolls wanting revenge for nothing...

Calling other customers of the same service kids just because you are satisfied with a service makes no sense. Everyone has a point of view and in no way it gets affected by what you think. Just put forward your point and that should be all about it. What are you? 58?

• @srvrpro said:
    Calling other customers of the same service kids just because you are satisfied with a service makes no sense. Everyone has a point of view and in no way it gets affected by what you think. Just put forward your point and that should be all about it. What are you? 58?

When someone lies about what they think was bad, do you think that's right? I call that trolling.

No, I'm definitely not 58 o.O

And I am entitled to my own opinion of the OP :)

• @0xdragon said:
    And I am entitled to my own opinion of the OP :)

Still cannot find a reason what you felt was a "lie" in the thread.

And secondly no you are not entitled to post opinion about OP. I guess we're here to talk about issues and new things and not commenting on "people".

• I think that this thread can be closed now, the OP got refunded?. if i'm honest, i think that this was been dealt with pretty well even after the attitude the OP showed he got a fast refund so he could move to a different provider that suits him more.

I hope that you will find the right provider that meets your demands @jeromeza !

• @MarkTurner said:
    talsit - you should be charged from the day of delivery, not the date of order. It should be updated the day after its delivered. If this has not happened, PM me your email and I'll chase it through in the morning for you.

it seems all the past orders been charged from the day of order indeed, not the date of delivery.

Hey @MarkTurner , send the support monkies to the DC! They have been lazy enough :P

This discussion has been closed.