Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Control Panel do YOU want?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What Control Panel do YOU want?

edited January 2014 in Help

So I ask you, the client, what Control Panel do you want?

Possible Options

• SolusVM
  • HostGuard
  • Feathur
  • Virtualizor
  • Proxmox w/ WHMCS Module

Control Panels that I will not consider (in your best interest)

• Virt-Panel
  • OpenNebula

Thanks!

Comments

• I myself want to see more of Feathur.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    I myself want to see more of Feathur.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2014

For the love of god just something that actually provisions or recognizes veth...I beg of you, developers.

• Feathur is beautiful and elegant.

• Stallion ?

• @darkshire said:
    Stallion ?

Sure, I'll just ask BuyVM very nicely. (jk)

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @jarland, care to enlighten us on why you prefer veth over venet? Advantages / disadvantages? If it's feasible, we can probably get this added in an upcoming HostGuard point release.

• Virtualmin

• @derp said:
    Virtualmin

CloudMin is possible.

• derpderp Member
    edited January 2014

Oops, that's what I meant to say. I played around with it at home and quite liked it.

• HostGuard seems pretty decent.

Thanked by 1NickM
  • I appreciate all of the support for Feathur. Thank you guys!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2014

@NickM said:
    jarland, care to enlighten us on why you prefer veth over venet? Advantages / disadvantages? If it's feasible, we can probably get this added in an upcoming HostGuard point release.

That would be sexy. Primarily because it bridges one more gap between openvz and a real virtual machine. That + ploop and openvz is on par with KVM for a lot of software compatibility applications and just short of having it's own kernel. I think people could really shed some of their prejudices against openvz if providers adopted these things, but convenience prevails due to Solusvm support.

Ploop would be just stupid easy to integrate, veth a little more work but not bad.

Thanked by 1NickM
  • jarland said: That would be sexy. Primarily because it bridges one more gap between openvz and a real virtual machine. That + ploop and openvz is on par with KVM for a lot of software compatibility applications and just short of having it's own kernel. I think people could really shed some of their prejudices against openvz if providers adopted these things, but convenience prevails due to Solusvm support.

Ploop would be just stupid easy to integrate, veth a little more work but not bad.

I agree... it's on my to do list.

• @BlueVM said:
    I agree... it's on my to do list.

Offtopic: When will IPv6 implementation be ready?

• 0xdragon said: Offtopic: When will IPv6 implementation be ready?

Sometime between now and middle of February.

• ShadosShados Member
    edited January 2014

@jarland said:

Ploop is awesome.

• VPNVPN Member

@NickM Just a heads up, I can't resolve www.hostguard.net. Without www works fine :)

Thanked by 1NickM
  • As a provider, I really like SolusVM, a lot of people bitch about it but I haven't had any issues. The only thing which it lacks at the moment is HA failover features and shared storage support. I have talked to the SolusVM guys about some of these features and they are in the pipeline including live migration. They have actually implemented one of my suggestions in the next version to help with snapshotting clustered LVM's.

The developers are really helpful and will listen to your suggestions if they make sense.

• VPNVPN Member

I love RamNodes take on SolusVM. SOOOOO much control over everything, network ports, CD Rom mounting with about 50 different ISOs to mount plus more.

• I would have to say presently Cloudmin kicks arse. While it may not look so nice, it does more than I have seen anywhere else. Oh and its perl and NOT encrypted, so I can hack away to make it better.

Presently the pro is the same.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@mikeg said:
    As a provider, I really like SolusVM, a lot of people bitch about it but I haven't had any issues. The only thing which it lacks at the moment is HA failover features and shared storage support. I have talked to the SolusVM guys about some of these features and they are in the pipeline including live migration. They have actually implemented one of my suggestions in the next version to help with snapshotting clustered LVM's.

The developers are really helpful and will listen to your suggestions if they make sense.

Come back in a year and tell us how much of it actually happened.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Come back in a year and tell us how much of it actually happened.

I was contemplating writing my own scripts for live failover with SolusVM. Would just have to run live migration like usual in CentOS with failover and then just run the migration scripts on the master. But it's finding the time to do it!

• said: So I ask you, the client, what Control Panel do you want?

All the ones you listed have trials available. I would honestly let them speak for themselves.

Whenever I choose a vendor, either hardware or software, I also evaluate their support.

• Okay so the majority of people want Feathur.

I also might check out HostGuard just because the developer is on this forum.

Cheers!

• mikeg said: The developers are really helpful and will listen to your suggestions if they make sense.

You comedian, you!

• Why don't you like opennebula?

• I don't care what panel any provider uses, as long as it's easy to use, stable, secure and gets the job done. That's all we ask for.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

From a provider's point of view .. every host should make it very easy for the client to manage their services/invoices/support all from a single panel.

That is something we are working on, and we hope to see many hosts go through this change.

Clients love simplicity.