Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost - [NO CC HERE!] IPv6 AVAILIBLE! $5/m 100GB DISK 20TB BW, POWERED BY DUAL E5s & SSDs! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost - [NO CC HERE!] IPv6 AVAILIBLE! $5/m 100GB DISK 20TB BW, POWERED BY DUAL E5s & SSDs!

13»

Comments

• lol @ I/O's

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Won't we get upgrade who signed up with previous offer??

• GVH offers are tempting but such low I/O wouldnt work

• @GreenValueHost said:
    All customers whom qualify for a free upgrade have received one.

There are no more free upgrade spots available left.

Thanks, I think I have received the upgrade as well. But I got 5 ips instead of 6 ( 2 + 4) for 512MB yearly plan. I think the support has overlook on this, ticket sent.

I have tested the server, only io little bit below average. Others all good..

They have credited the free year to my account as well.

Thanks and happy CNY

• The IO is normally around 120mb/s

• @GreenValueHost said:
    The IO is normally around 120mb/s

You should probably learn to keep quiet sometimes ;) wait for the army to test it for you

• I/O speed :  53.8 MB/s

My I/O speed has never this high before. Normally it's at like 16MB/s.
    I'm on some server in Buffalo.
    It's just an idle VPS until I get around to installing things on it.

• akzakz Member

everything is pretty good, ticket response time has been good; well worth the value. However the support staff is quite snippy.. especially that Norman Smith.

• loydloyd Member
    edited February 2014

GVH has issue with changing hostnames. Not sure if this is isolated issue on node NY5 for Debian guests or across their network. Solus panel changes the hostname, but it does not actually change in the container. Making /etc/hostname read-only does not help, support recommended to call hostname from command line, which does not survive reboot, but following workaround worked - change in /etc/init.d/hostname.sh:

# [ -f /etc/hostname ] && HOSTNAME="$(cat /etc/hostname)" [ -f /etc/hostname.my ] && HOSTNAME="$(cat /etc/hostname.my)"

and use /etc/hostname.my instead.

One pet peeve with GVH - Solus panel is on unsecured website !

Responding to tickets is amazingly fast.

• Is it going to be same offer for chicago datacenter?

• @innya said:
    Is it going to be same offer for chicago datacenter?

No, Chicago will cost extra. It's our flagship and most premium location.

• how much different?

• is from this point your LA location no longer from CC?

I heard your LA location is from multacom

is that true?

• @innya said:
    how much different?

$3 extra

@add_iT said:
    is from this point your LA location no longer from CC?

I heard your LA location is from multacom

is that true?

Our shared/reseller hosting is with multacom in LA. We're using QuadraNet direct for all new LA node deployments however we are still using CC because we still have nodes with them that need to be filled. If you want to be put on a Quadranet node instead of a CC one, please put that in your order notes.

• @GreenValueHost: Thanks for your sharing information, i better waiting for your next offer then :p

it was great you have quadranet

just make sure for next offer you have $1 or $2 offer on monthly/quarterly payment, i will not refuse to buy it then ;)