Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My mind has been blown - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My mind has been blown

124»

Comments

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

ryanarp said: This is another similar project that looks interesting.

$155 for this?? Toys for boys.. prefer have five cards for free

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • VNKenVNKen Member

I preordered this when it was $50 about two years ago or so. After a year I asked for a refund.

• SliderSlider Member

@ryanarp said:
    They are good about refunding. With all the extra time, you would expect a quality product. This is another similar project that looks interesting.

https://www.plastc.com/card

That's at least a better implementation of the first one. You can put it into a something that takes and self scans the card and use the "tap" feature. I saw a chip on there but the video didn't go into that.

• I pre-ordered one of these the first day they came online to pre-order. Then they missed their deadline and expanded it into 2015 and they canceled my pre-order back then it was only $50 pre order.

Now come October these will be obsolete anyway. There is a competitor that is both Mag Swipe and EMV dip which meets the new standard that goes into effect October 2015.

• RobJudRobJud Member

@princeshoko said:

Now come October these will be obsolete anyway. There is a competitor that is both Mag Swipe and EMV dip which meets the new standard that goes into effect October 2015.

This.

Btw, do you have the name to the competitor?

• I don't right off. I found out about them on one of them Facebook ad's in my feed. If I see it again i'll mention it here.

• ophateophate Member

I do not see how Coin will last against ApplePay or GoogleWallet anyway. Why have a "card" when the phone itself using NFC and a wallet in the phone is available?

• princeshokoprinceshoko Member
    edited May 2015

Here it is. facebook.com/PlastcInc

Thanked by 1RobJud
  • @ophate said:
    I do not see how Coin will last against ApplePay or GoogleWallet anyway. Why have a "card" when the phone itself using NFC and a wallet in the phone is available?

I don't see how ApplePay or GoogleWallet will last against EMV contactless(These terminals are common already in ireland, netherlands, germany) anyways, which never runs out of battery and is just as simple

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

"That awkward moment when you realize they expect you to buy a new coin every six months because the internal battery dies and cannot be replaced."

I loled so hard :D

Thanked by 1netomx
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

They claim it'll last 2 years actually...but still...

https://support.onlycoin.com/hc/en-us/articles/203485270-How-long-does-Coin-last-

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Infinity580 said: "That awkward moment when you realize they expect you to buy a new coin every six months because the internal battery dies and cannot be replaced."

Folks just stuck with pay them 100$ every six months, sounds funny..

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider