Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HardCloud has been purchased and is being liquidated - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HardCloud has been purchased and is being liquidated

Comments

• skagerrakskagerrak Member
    edited January 2014

@HardCloud said:
    Albino Geek Services Ltd. is pleased to announce that we have acquired HardCloud.net,

Your ToS does not go hand in hand with what you are promoting on your sales-page.

• Sales-Page : "100.00% Network and Hardware SLA"

• ToS: " b. Server Availability and Uptime: (...) As such we do not claim to provide you with a constant service, (...)"

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited January 2014

@luissousa said:
    Omg, are the Unlimited Wildcard Certificates gone?

The SSL were provided by GoodHosting, and are still valid.

@skagerrak said:

• ToS: " b. Server Availability and Uptime: (...) As such we do not claim to provide you with a constant service, (...)"

GoodHosting's sales (entry/landing) page shows 100.00% Network and Hardware SLA because this is the SLA passed down to GoodHosting by their upstream provider, SingleHOP. SingleHOP boasts a 100% Hardware and Network uptime SLA backed by a 30 minute hardware replacement SLA.

GoodHosting's ToS however, encompasses all of their services; including those they do not have direct control over the SLA thereof, and areas that are not defined as either "hardware" or "network". IE: A software malfunction in the Guest Operating System of your VPS is not covered by their uptime guarantee, nor would it be with many other companies.

• So another one bites the dust

Thanked by 1Grimmy2
  • What a load of bs, karma.

Thanked by 1lelewku
  • @ahmiq said:
    So another one bites the dust

It was only a matter of time too.

• very courteous, helpful and gentle support from goodhosting.co . wish you guys well.

• How much bandwidth do the plans at http://goodhosting.co/ come with?

• @skybucks100 said:
    How much bandwidth do the plans at http://goodhosting.co/ come with?

Unmetered.

• @dhamaniasad said:

Hm, not bad... Any ideas as to where they're hosted? Not trying to be rude, but either their website is horribly laid out or i'm not looking hard enough...

• what location available?

Looks like the price quite good

• skybucks100 said: Hm, not bad... Any ideas as to where they're hosted? Not trying to be rude, but either their website is horribly laid out or i'm not looking hard enough...

They're with SingleHop, in Chicago I believe.

• @dhamaniasad said:
    They're with SingleHop, in Chicago I believe.

Ya, that's what I thought but on their website it say "SingleHOP data-centers in numerous locations" so i'm lost?

• skybucks100 said: Ya, that's what I thought but on their website it say "SingleHOP data-centers in numerous locations" so i'm lost?

I don't see an option anywhere on their website to select the location, so my best guess would be Chicago. If they have more locations, they're not publicizing them it seems.

• @dhamaniasad said:

Hm, I guess so. I might give them a go one of these days, i'm in need of a VPS for a VPN.

• out of business but still offering services for sale! how does that work?

trading whilst insolvent? generally that's unlawful

• They are in Singlehop's DC in Chicago. I had to ask in their live chat because their website is not very clear.

• @skybucks100 said:
    How much bandwidth do the plans at http://goodhosting.co/ come with?

Unmetered.

@skybucks100 said:
    Hm, not bad... Any ideas as to where they're hosted? Not trying to be rude, but either their website is horribly laid out or i'm not looking hard enough...

Currently only "Chicago-2" SingleHOP datacenter, however; SingleHOP has a 1 hour deployment SLA, so it's literally only a means of "where do people want VPSes in the SingleHOP network" as the deciding factor to where else we offer them (Pheonix? Amsterdam?)

@add_iT said:
    what location available?

Looks like the price quite good

Currently only Chicago.

@Bruce said:
    out of business but still offering services for sale! how does that work?

trading whilst insolvent? generally that's unlawful

HardCloud (as a brand) was dissolved.

Albino Geek Services Ltd. (parent company) did not dissolve.

• @HardCloud said:

Hm, you've got my interested, anything against VPNs? Didn't see anything in your AUP but just want to triple check. Also, why do the prices have $X.0X (i.e. $4.04)?

• @skybucks100 said:
    Hm, you've got my interested, anything against VPNs? Didn't see anything in your AUP but just want to triple check. Also, why do the prices have $X.0X (i.e. $4.04)?

Instead of $X.95 , $X.99 ; $X.00 ; it just made the most sense to use $X.0X . It's more of a preferential thing than anything else, and makes it very easy for us to scale our plans (whereas direct scaling would be difficult with $X.95 plans for example.)

• @HardCloud said:

Oh but it drives me nuts, then in Paypal you're left with an uneven amount of change that's useless. Blegh. Anywho, about VPN, is that allowed?

• @skybucks100 said:
    Oh but it drives me nuts, then in Paypal you're left with an uneven amount of change that's useless. Blegh. Anywho, about VPN, is that allowed?

VPN for personal use is allowed, yes. VPN for public or shared use would have to be approved on a case-by-case basis, and is best brought up in a Support Ticket.

• Apparently I have to say this here, as people don't quite get the picture:

These are premium services, not $1 VPSes. Software explicitly not allowed to be used: JingLing, HitLeap, CaptchaSniper, and all these other shady marketing programs that abuse disk activity like mad.

• Ian_Ian_ Member
    edited January 2014

Woah! So what is the problem with a $1 vps? There a lot of dam good providers that offer cheap vps's for a dollar or so and operate heck a lot better than those so called "Premium" services. Even though my and your meanings of premium can differ.

edited January 2014

@Ian_ said:

That's fine if other providers are able to host JingLing and other CPU abusive software without problems, good on them. We will not tolerate such software on our network at this time.

For spectators, JingLing is a terrible software that uses ieframes to hit a website as much as possible, causing fake views or "hits". It's a shady way to market, and a terribly abusive software as far as disk activity goes. The ieframes frequently read and write many files in the %TEMP%\..\Temporary Internet Files directory as is plainly visible in Resource Monitor. One instance of this application configured with 3 links is able to create a consistent disk utilization of over 5 Meg/sec (bytes, not bits); which you can easily see would be considered very abusive. The issue isn't even the speed of the reads/writes, but the fact that they are many small files located in various parts of the hard disk; which creates a huge issue with standard hard drives (even those in RAID), due to seek and access times.

Unfortunately, KVM as a technology/hypervisor is unable to put a "hard" limit on these types of operations, only assign fair-use shares and priorities. You can assign an upper "iops_read" and "iops_write" limit if using cgroups, but even this limit leads to problems such as I/O Based CPU contention/congestion on a node level.

It's a nightmare for anyone, and is abusive to other clients when one VPS is able to pull the host load up to 20%wa .

I don't know if you're the client I just kicked off, but: The customer was given a refund of all unused time without question (it was offered beforehand) and they accepted/demanded it in their follow-up response. Their follow-up response was rather rude to our staff as well as myself, but we didn't do anything about that.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Ian_Ian_ Member
    edited January 2014

Forget it

• @Noerman said:
    For some reason I make an order at GoodHosting hours ago.

I do have problem finding root password, but it turn out set by default. I do playing around with it including re-create, and re-install in about 3 or 4 times (debian) just within hours without any problem.

I do have some problem as others now. newly created VPS are in PENDING state, but after opening a ticket it get resolved.

• It's definitely fraud. @HardCloud looks like you've simply closed that brand with zero efforts to keep and make customers happy. I think that you don't care about them as you only provide "premium services".

Thanked by 1Ian_
    edited January 2014

@alexvolk said:
    It's definitely fraud. HardCloud looks like you've simply closed that brand with zero efforts to keep and make customers happy. I think that you don't care about them as you only provide "premium services".

You really can't please those with the LE* disease, can you?

I've made all required efforts on my part. GoodHosting offers a non-abused platform, abusers are kicked off the network (unlike HardCloud.) GoodHosting's services are also in a proper datacenter (no offence cc/hvh/whatever the tinfoil hat story is now).

I've also offered customers a way to keep their existing service credit, and keep their servers up for the remainder of February. That's quite a bit more than HardCloud's terms allow as a bare minimum.

I honestly don't see what two people are complaining about, when others are having no issue whatsoever. GoodHosting's already filled three nodes, and customers are very pleased with the performance (with the exception being the two JingLing customers that have been allowed to leave with a refund.)

Pros:

• Better service (less abused services)
    • Better hardware
    • Better network
    • Better uptime
    • More features (unlimited wildcard SSL, SaaS instances, modular / resizable instances, custom ISOs, etc...)
    • Unmetered bandwidth
    • Private network between servers

Cons:

• You have to sign up again, (boo hoo)
    • You can't run JingLing (go find another $1 provider for that please.)
    • You can't sign up on GoodHosting with "123 45st - N/A N/A" type fraudulent information.

Note the list of things I've done, that I'm not required to do:

• Offered clients refunds
    • Worked with clients to find them a suitable package
    • Included migrations in our self-managed service for refugee clients
    • Given discounts appropriate, transferred credit, and given free months to transfers.
    • Kept your existing services up until a suitable date.

It is worth noting that many "deadpool"ing providers do not even bother keeping your servers online to give you a chance to migrate your data, nor do they give you a replacement service at the same cost, or help you migrate.

• texteditortexteditor Member
    edited January 2014

@HardCloud said:
    Note the list of things I've done, that I'm not required to do:

• Offered clients refunds

haha, you might be an < dancing pony >

@HardCloud said:
    (less abused services)
    Unmetered bandwidth

and an < awesome lover >

Good grief, just don't respond to the thread if you can't help but shit on your old customers

MOD EDIT: warning sent

Thanked by 2upfreak GIANT_CRAB
  • Someone should give me an award for not spitting in the faces of people who gave me money, which I could do (but didn't)