Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

time for more popcorn (BurstNet moving out of Dallas?)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

time for more popcorn (BurstNet moving out of Dallas?)

rds100rds100 Member
edited January 2014 in General

BurstNet is moving out of their Dallas datacenter?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1342218

could be a Hoax though.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

BurstNET starting to crumble because being cheap is not a USP that requires no other qualities any more?

Who saw that coming....

• Multiple users are conforming burst net shutting down their datacenter so be fast host please provide refuge sale to brustnet users.

Here are few talks.

Burst net data center is closing within the next 3 to 12 hours in Dallas and needs to make sure everything is backed up and get you setup with a new location - Keith

Dear valued BurstNET Customer,

We have been having major problems with our Dallas, TX hosting provider. We have been working with them diligently over the past week in an attempt to resolve these issues, but we have not reached resolution. As a result, you are at risk for potentially permanent business interruption. We will be closing our Dallas, TX hosting facility immediately and migrating our clients to our flagship facility in Scranton, PA. We understand the severity of this issue for you and your business. Please understand we have done all we can here at BurstNET to extend this deadline.

We advise you to begin transferring all of your important data off of these servers immediately. If you do not have current, up to date external backups of your data, please create these backups. Once the Dallas facility is closed, your servers will be taken offline and data will be unrecoverable. We will not be able to migrate your data during this closeout.

Once you have completed backing up / migrating your data, we can offer you hosting services in our Scranton/Dunmore flagship facility at our corporate global headquarters. To help ease the burden of this transition, we will include a free month of service.

• that's awesome.. i didn't get an email for my burst server in tx.. Glad i found out about this here. Time to send them an email and to start rsyncing my stuff to my backupsy.

• catalystiumcatalystium Member
    edited January 2014

That's pretty crazy to give almost what might as well be zero notice.. 3-12 hours isn't much time at all. Wonder if its legit or not.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2014

Threads merged.

btw. @volumedrive any refugee sale offer?

• TKoZTKoZ Member
    edited January 2014

The email I got does not mention a specific time frame, only that "We will be closing our Dallas, TX hosting facility immediately and migrating our clients to our flagship facility in Scranton, PA."

Edit: And yes, the mail headers do show the email originating at burst.net

• said: could be a Hoax though.

Doubt so...that guy has been around on WHT forever and I think he runs a pretty serious shared hosting business.

• @zhuanyi i don't doubt he received the email. Could be a spoofed email or something though.

• LeeLee Veteran

It would probably make sense, I was expecting them to start moving everything into the new DC, just not this quickly if it's true.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited January 2014

Yes, but a 1500 mile move? Besides this email doesn't clearly sound like a move, could be "abandon servers and run", similar to VolumeDrive.

• @rds100 said:
    Yes, but a 1500 mile move? Besides this email doesn't clearly sound like a move, could be "abandon servers and run", similar to VolumeDrive.

This sure sounds like a drop and run move. No way a company with that presence wouldn't plan a data center move out in that time frame.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited January 2014

That's just an > @rds100 said:

Well you are starting down the "stirring it" route with emotive comments like that, Burst may be loved or hated but I doubt they are going to abandon and run.

• rds100 said: @zhuanyi i don't doubt he received the email. Could be a spoofed email or something though.

Ah, I see...anyone else received the email from them?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Is this confirmed yet? I would absolutely love to know the back story if this turns out to be legitimate.

• Someone on WHT was saying that they have hardware in the same data center have had no issues with them or seen anything to warrant the move.

• If true, one could surmise it's a payment/billing issue given the circumstances.

• The story is true for sure as many users called burst net to confirm it and it is indeed true.Know just waiting for behind the scene story.

• Screenshot of a Burstnet ticket about the issue. So it's true yes.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Liam said: What happened to their LA business? BurstNET only closed their UK location last year, looks like they're having business issues.

AFAIK, they are still in LA, Miami, and Dunmore.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited January 2014

@qps said:
    AFAIK, they are still in LA, Miami, and Dunmore.

I checked few hours ago for Burst promotions on WHT where they had multiple locations available stated in the post. All of them only had Dunmore, PA available actually on WHMCS order form (for dedicated servers)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Liam said:
    What happened to their Chicago location? BurstNET only closed their UK location last year, looks like they're having business issues.

Sounds like the start of BustNet to me, I said this 3 - 4 years ago, they were and pretty much still are still operating like being inexpensive is the only quality that matters and anyone that does not like it can go and pay more somewhere else.

I have lost track of the amount of people on WHT they hit over the head with the price stick when anyone complained.

Sort of the same as the BlackBerry empire, refused to adapt and not necessarily bigger but smarter players enter the market en mass and now the only real USP they had is failing, if this is the case it is only the people at the top to blame.

Obviously speculation but I see NO reason to give hours notice for a company that big unless someone got sick of carrying them financially and pulled the plug.

• How many people on here actually use BurstNet? or specifically BurstNet Dallas?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited January 2014

AnthonySmith said: Sounds like the start of BustNet to me, I said this 3 - 4 years ago, they were and pretty much still are still operating like being inexpensive is the only quality that matters and anyone that does not like it can go and pay more somewhere else.

I have seen statements like this every year for more than 10 years, and they are still here, whist an awful lot of others are not.

and besides, I really don't rate Burstnet as cheap overall.

• AnthonySmith said: they were and pretty much still are still operating like being inexpensive is the only quality that matters and anyone that does not like it can go and pay more somewhere else.

Well, this is the way the business world works in general. If you want something better, you open your wallet a little more.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Is anyone here affected with this ?

I don't understand why Burst would operate more than 1 datacenter. Their model doesn't exactly require multiple geographic presences. When people want cheap they rarely worry exactly where the server is in my experience.

• jbiloh said: When people want cheap they rarely worry exactly where the server is in my experience.

You're posting this on a site with a craptonne of providers that have multiple locations that sell in the "low end" range.

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited January 2014

Jack said: I'd say CC is a low end provider to be honest and you have how many locations now Jon?

Don't forget Atlanta and New York City.

edited January 2014

@Jack said:
    I'd say CC is a low end provider to be honest and you have how many locations now Jon?

Only in the capacity that we appreciate working with VPS operators who focus on the volume market segment (aka "lowend"). We're proud to have helped make affordable VPS options so available.

Our networks, support and general customer care are all something we work diligently to provide in the highest quality.

Thanked by 2DeftNerd raza19
  • oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

Burst net data center is closing within the next 3 to 12 hours in Dallas

Wow..is it even possible to close up shop THAT fast!?! Sheeesh
    Scary stuff...!