Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are you getting so many VPS? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why are you getting so many VPS?

2»

Comments

• You just got to collect them all I guess.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited March 2012

@BassHost said: You just got to collect them all I guess.

But what if you are missing the special limited and numbered edition?

• I just can't stop buying whenever I see good offer and keep until I'm actually using them.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@sleddog said: I've got into into cussing matches with them here in the past over the same issue

And that's why we <3 you mr. dog.

:3

Francisco

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@kbar said: With that being said, I have a few buyvm's, kvm and ovz. I'm having some issues on with disk write on freebsd with IDE but francisco + co seem to be eager to help out.

I'm more curious if I can replicate the derp fest you're having :) It'd be a great wiki article for virtio + freebsd anyways.

Francisco

• I used to have 5 at once, now I have two (kind of, one is AlienVPS not sure it really counts). They were fun to play with and run dd and cachefly tests on, but not worth keeping the ones I don't use for anything :P.

• I have 4. I paid only one, and the other three are FREE.. lol

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I have many but only a few are bought, usually when I need tons of BW or there are good deals.
    Why I buy ? Because if you dont try you dont know which are the good providers. Of course, I dont buy from those that block me based on location, for instance and ask to provide them a lot of documents that make identity stealing a kids game. So I only have access to about a half of the serious offers. Of those, only a few are good, about half are OK, including the good ones.
    Sometimes I find one so good that I stick with them, such was ENS, I was one of the first customers and was with them till the end, but that is rare. I usually cancel for very bad service which means inaccessible VPS for a very long time, frequent downtime, much lower than advertised BW for weeks at a time, etc. It also happened to "be cancelled" by the host, we are more ppl managing Tor nodes, for instance, and it happens a couple times a year to forget payment or not be sure who should pay and especially when. Then the payment overdue note ends up overlooked and the service is suspended. WHile that happens it usually takes less than a day to see, but it may be too late as some hosts ask for huge fees to reinstate the service or even allow the retrieval of data. Once that happens, it means the cooperation is over.
    So, you see, I need a lot of them, just to make sure we have available good service when needed. While we dont need them, they are usually not idle, they run different stuff that is contributing to freedom of speech and information around the world.
    In total I manage something like 20 VPSes with help, but of these, only about 5-6 at any one time are bought, the rest we provide internally.
    M

• JTRJTR Member

Only one for me, a BuyVM 512MB OVZ. I don't need more than that, my dedi plus that provides everything I need.

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • bobbybobby Member

If (and i think it will) my last buy, prometeus 192 for 15$/y proves stable i can drop 2 other openvz, saving me ~6$/month. Stops there tho (i guess :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2012

@bobby said: If (and i think it will) my last buy, prometeus 192 for 15$/y proves stable i can drop 2 other openvz, saving me ~6$/month. Stops there tho (i guess :)

Good choice, ATM they are the best for the price and features as well as stability. I hope they stay that way, and chances are they will since are from a very long time in this.
    M

• @bobby said: prometeus 192 for 15$/y

Where is the link?

• IntcsIntcs Member
    edited March 2012

I don't get so many, but if I do have an idle vps then I've got it as a backup for the time when a production vps is terminated, or just got it for sometime for testing and to run scripts.

• @NanoG6 said: Where is the link?

Hey, 192 for $15/year?
    I want to add it to my collection too. Linkie.

• bobbybobby Member

Click on offers tag, its in first 10 listed