Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Cheap vps node
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Cheap vps node

Hello,
I'm searching a cheap node for vps.

Cpu: Preferring E3 or E5
Ram: 16gb min
Disk: 2disks in raid MINIMUM
1gbps or 100mbps

Thanks

«1

Comments

  • Any preference on disks? SSD/HDD? What do you plan on using the VPS node for? (i.e typical VPS workload)

  • What's your budget like? (also have you checked the offers section?)

  • @Virtovo said:
    Any preference on disks? SSD/HDD? What do you plan on using the VPS node for? (i.e typical VPS workload)

    Preferring HDD / raid 1 / 10
    Workload: KVM virtualization.

    @BuyCPanel_Kevin said:
    What's your budget like? (also have you checked the offers section?)

    Budget is low. Need best value..

    Thanks

  • I would recommend following hosts:
    US:Datashack,Versaweb,QuickPacket EU:Hetzner, Online

    Thanked by 1qps
  • I would recommend you Hetzner,Colocrossing,Delimeter,Incero.

  • @Jack said:
    Sledger do you think that Hetzner is a good option for VMs?

    Are they still offering a decent number of IPs?

    /27 is maximum you can order with any dedicated server, I have used previous EX-4 and current EX-40 models for personal virtualization projects but all those VMs had 1 GB or more RAM & I have been running game servers on them & they have been pretty stable despite the reason that it is desktop grade hardware(EX-40 comes with i7 4770 & 32 GB non ECC RAM) but if someone wants enterprise grade hardware he can go with their PX models but they aren't as cheap as EX ones & have a higher setup fee.

    But if you are looking to add a German location for DotVPS, go with Hetzner only if you wish to provide >1GB plans otherwise you can go with Core-Backbone who are also a decent provider & allow /26 per server.Afterburst.com are using them for their DE location.Recently asked them about their pricing of IPs & this is what they said:

    Hi,

    1.) You can add max. a /26 to any server.
    /27 monthly 25 Euro, Setup 10 Euro
    /26 monthly 50 Euro, Setup 10 Euro

    Viele Grüße, best regards,

    Ulrich Köhler


    Core-Backbone GmbH
    Hans-Sachs-Str.14
    93138 Lappersdorf

    Accelerated.de & 23media.de are some of the other good options for Germany.

    Thanked by 1Radi
  • @Sledger said:
    Accelerated.de & 23media.de are some of the other good options for Germany.

    Hetzner is not even that cheap?

  • I would highly recommend looking at Netherlands instead of Germany (yes, germany is cheap) just because they are close to each other but in Netherlands you can legally host more content that is prohibited in Germany. German hosting providers and abuse complaints do not normally mix with each other and you as a client would suffer.

  • Go with @serverian getdedi.com

    You can get a nice E3 with 32GB ram and a /25 ipv4 for only $120/month

  • @BuyCPanel_Kevin said:
    What's your budget like? (also have you checked the offers section?)

    Typical WHT post :/

    @m0dg0d take a look at Limestone Networks.

  • NeoonNeoon Member, Community Contributor

    agh, Hetzner is expensive when you order additional ip's.

  • @Navyn said:
    I would recommend you Hetzner,Colocrossing,Delimeter,Incero.

    didnt colocrossing is bit expensive?

  • VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited January 2014

    @tuguhost said:

    Very cheap I hear, ignore advertised prices or just buy through one of the other companies in Buffalo. HVH, Servermania etc.

  • @m0dg0d said:
    Hetzner is not even that cheap?

    Hetzner is pretty much the cheapest provider in EU an i7, 32 GB RAM 20 TB Outbound Traffic @ 41.18 Euros excluding VAT who else does that in EU?

  • @Foulacy said:
    Go with serverian getdedi.com

    You can get a nice E3 with 32GB ram and a /25 ipv4 for only $120/month

    They do not offer servers in EU, do they?

  • @Infinity580 said:
    agh, Hetzner is expensive when you order additional ip's.

    So is every host in EU because IPv4s are damn expensive there.

  • @Sledger said:

    Nope, only US, but Buffalo, NY has great connectivity to Europe.

  • VDS6VDS6 Member
    edited January 2014

    We can rent out any quantity of servers like this 2xXeon E5-2620; 32-265GB DDR3 1066 MHz RAM; 6x600 GB 15000RPM SAS HHD in RAID 10, LSI MegaRAID SAS 9260-8i, 10TB on 1GBit Network (+10 TB + 40$) in Telecity Amstel Business park (amsterdam) location for 450-500$ a month. And i consider it cheap for such beast. Of course it comes with super micro ipmi for reboot, vnc console and os installation. In some cases our DC has client who host up to 300 vps per one of these servers. You can bring your own IPs or we can help you rent /24 IPv4 for 450$ a year (under 40$ a month for /24). Renting IPs requires a justification + a yearly contract that you will need to sign (proof of identity, address and so on).
    Hetzner, Online and others basically suck. Our company used to deal with them a long time ago and just moved on. If you want to talk profit, you need to forget about hetzner, online.net, ovh and others like them.
    Have a good search.

  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

    Strongly recommend @qps

    Thanked by 1qps
  • @Virtovo said:
    Very cheap I hear, ignore advertised prices or just buy through one of the other companies in Buffalo. HVH, Servermania etc.

    servermania owned by cc?

  • @tuguhost said:
    servermania owned by cc?

    Don't know about that, but I believe they either resell their servers or Colo with them.

  • mpkossen said: Don't know about that, but I believe they either resell their servers or Colo with them.

    They don't own it, They are Collo clients from what I've been told by one of there Chief Officers. Collocrossing (Jon) offers great prices if you do contact them personally and let them know you are a VPS host as he appreciates the Low-Budget of VPS Hosts + Capability of affordable IP's + Most VPS Hosts have multiple nodes and are long term clients.

    So its a win win situation for both of you, I'd personally recommend going directly to Collocrossing rather than Servermania due to the fact servermania is quite closed in terms of things such as Bandwidth Costs (expensive), IP's (Costlier than Collo)

    Anyways, The most efficient way on doing it is via leasing your hardware, Find a vendor (Personally ThinkMate.com is very reputable, but expensive). Lease the hardware on a 36/24 month contract, And then you'll be operating with 80% cheaper costs than renting it directly.

    Another advantage is that it is included as an Asset to your business, Which means if you'd ever like to sell your business you'll basically get paid around the same price you bought the server for. So either way, you'll be at least paying 60% less than normal pricing for something that is more efficient.

    Here's just a normal VPS Node Config ->
    2x Xeon E5-2620
    128GB Ram
    4x4TB HDD
    LSI 9271 + Cachevault (Raid)

    **Cost **-> $5,600 (Simply talking to the guy on livechat can drop this to $5k, well he did it for me.) Around $138/mo with no interests ($150-170 with interests) (depending on your bank and your applied loan or even simply paying it out of your own capital)

    **Collocation **(Collocrossing Quote)
    350 Watts (around there)
    1GBps Network
    10-30TB (haven't negotiated)
    /25 IP Block
    1U Space

    $125/mo or so.

    Some other reputable providers -> GoRack
    1 - 3U (One Device) Shared Colocation Space
    20 Mbps DIA CDR AS19531(Burstable-95th percentile) (Around 6-10TB bandwidth)
    100mbps Switch Port
    2 Amps-120V
    IP Addresses: /29-v4 + /64-v6
    Month-to-Month Terms Available
    $59.00 per month | Free Setup

    Add $16.00 for each additional 1amp-120v. (Required)

    IP's won't be as cheap as collocrossing, But I didn't ask for it anyways as there bandwidth is quite expensive -
    Add $59.00 for additional 30Mbps DIA CDR AS19531(50Mbps total)
    Add $30.00 for 1000Mbps Switch Port Upgrade.

    Sorry for the long post but it has some nice points that will help you run your business, Especially the fact that you are able to sell the hardware once finished with either with your business or alone.

    Another point to note is that you'll end up receiving much cheaper prices/node if you go for full rack collocation or a private cage (if you're big enough).

    Just another reason why Collocation > Dedicated Servers for people that are willing to sign contracts and one of the reasons dedicated servers are much bigger in the market is because of the fact that most purchasers are simply small businesses or forums/blogs that won't be needing it for long or would like a quicker setup.

    You could even minimize costs by getting an IP Block via ARIN (Again, Yearly fees + Networking Staff to route them, and hard verification) but they will end up costing less than $0.05-0.1 per IP Address and depending on your provider it is only supported by collocation clients. (Some dedicated server providers allow this too, but whats the point they mostly don't support VLAN's and you'll have to break them up and route them again).

  • Some good points above. The only thing you'd want to consider is beefing up the RAID array a little.

    Pavhost are you able to share with the OP where you obtained the configuration from as the pricing is irrelevant if he doesn't know.

  • Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited January 2014

    @VDS6 said:
    We can rent out any quantity of servers like this 2xXeon E5-2620; 32-265GB DDR3 1066 MHz RAM; 6x600 GB 15000RPM SAS HHD in RAID 10, LSI MegaRAID SAS 9260-8i, 10TB on 1GBit Network (+10 TB + 40$) in Telecity Amstel Business park (amsterdam) location for 450-500$ a month. And i consider it cheap for such beast. Of course it comes with super micro ipmi for reboot, vnc console and os installation. In some cases our DC has client who host up to 300 vps per one of these servers. You can bring your own IPs or we can help you rent /24 IPv4 for 450$ a year (under 40$ a month for /24). Renting IPs requires a justification + a yearly contract that you will need to sign (proof of identity, address and so on).

    Hetzner, Online and others basically suck. Our company used to deal with them a long time ago and just moved on. If you want to talk profit, you need to forget about hetzner, online.net, ovh and others like them.
    Have a good search.

    You do not like them doesn't mean you bad mouth such companies without anything to back your claims up!

    Thanked by 1VDS6
  • VDS6VDS6 Member
    edited January 2014

    I can back every single word of mine up with 1-2 hour conversation about negative sides of doing business and making money in big ass companies that do not give a damn about you as a client and your clients as well. My main point is that if you run vps hosting business, do not bother dealing with them. But if you are a single user who goes on a skiing vacation in the mountains with no internet connection for a week, you can come back to the broken and sinking boat in case of your business, all websites deleted and server erased just because someone hacked one of your websites, you did not respond in 12 hours and they shut down the whole server.

    With big ass companies you will have no life away from your computer because you never know what they gonna do with your data once problem arises. Hetzner blocks ips in 12 hours and shuts down the whole server if you do not respond in 24 hours. Their techs lie on the phone about reasons on servers being down on friday night and only on monday morning you find out that one of your client vpses got hacked, they shut down the whole server and you need to restore all data of 60+ vps from the scratch because they refuse to give back the data.

    Once again. I can have an hour long conversation about hetzner fuckups because the company i worked for worked with them for 3 years and had 40+ servers. Hetzner and online.net are the worst places imaginable of conducting multi client business.

    You can say whatever you want but my opinion is well-backed up by experience, data and client loss due to big ass provider fuck ups.

  • VDS6 said: I can back every single word of mine up with 1-2 hour conversation about negative sides of doing business and making money in big ass companies that do not give a damn about you as a client and your clients as well. My main point is that if you run vps hosting business, do not bother dealing with them. But if you are a single user who goes on a skiing vacation in the mountains with no internet connection for a week, you can come back to the broken and sinking boat in case of your business, all websites deleted and server erased just because someone hacked one of your websites, you did not respond in 12 hours and they shut down the whole server.

    With big ass companies you will have no life away from your computer because you never know what they gonna do with your data once problem arises. Hetzner blocks ips in 12 hours and shuts down the whole server if you do not respond in 24 hours. Their techs lie on the phone about reasons on servers being down on friday night and only on monday morning you find out that one of your client vpses got hacked, they shut down the whole server and you need to restore all data of 60+ vps from the scratch because they refuse to give back the data.

    Once again. I can have an hour long conversation about hetzner fuckups because the company i worked for worked with them for 3 years and had 40+ servers. Hetzner and online.net are the worst places imaginable of conducting multi client business.

    You can say whatever you want but my opinion is well-backed up by experience, data and client loss due to big ass provider fuck ups.

    A representative that is expecting to get new clients by saying 'Fuck', 'Ass', 'Fuckups' is quite funny and I'd prefer to go with a 'fuck up' company rather than rely on you guys.

    Harden and secure your server, you shouldn't have problems from hackers.

  • @VDS6 said:
    I can back every single word of mine up with 1-2 hour conversation about negative sides of doing business and making money in big ass companies that do not give a damn about you as a client and your clients as well. My main point is that if you run vps hosting business, do not bother dealing with them. But if you are a single user who goes on a skiing vacation in the mountains with no internet connection for a week, you can come back to the broken and sinking boat in case of your business, all websites deleted and server erased just because someone hacked one of your websites, you did not respond in 12 hours and they shut down the whole server.

    With big ass companies you will have no life away from your computer because you never know what they gonna do with your data once problem arises. Hetzner blocks ips in 12 hours and shuts down the whole server if you do not respond in 24 hours. Their techs lie on the phone about reasons on servers being down on friday night and only on monday morning you find out that one of your client vpses got hacked, they shut down the whole server and you need to restore all data of 60+ vps from the scratch because they refuse to give back the data.

    Once again. I can have an hour long conversation about hetzner fuckups because the company i worked for worked with them for 3 years and had 40+ servers. Hetzner and online.net are the worst places imaginable of conducting multi client business.

    You can say whatever you want but my opinion is well-backed up by experience, data and client loss due to big ass provider fuck ups.

    Thanks for your tip.
    I will use it.

    Any more providers? @qps ? @ovh ? @markturner

  • Hi, we'd be able to get you up with a great deal. We host quite a few providers here in Dallas. Contact us at https://www.cloudshards.com/contact.php and we'll get you up with a good quote.

  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

    m0dg0d said: Any more providers? @qps ?

    Please contact us for a quote: https://www.quickpacket.com/billing/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=2

  • @VDS6 said:
    I can back every single word of mine up with 1-2 hour conversation about negative sides of doing business and making money in big ass companies that do not give a damn about you as a client and your clients as well. My main point is that if you run vps hosting business, do not bother dealing with them. But if you are a single user who goes on a skiing vacation in the mountains with no internet connection for a week, you can come back to the broken and sinking boat in case of your business, all websites deleted and server erased just because someone hacked one of your websites, you did not respond in 12 hours and they shut down the whole server.

    With big ass companies you will have no life away from your computer because you never know what they gonna do with your data once problem arises. Hetzner blocks ips in 12 hours and shuts down the whole server if you do not respond in 24 hours. Their techs lie on the phone about reasons on servers being down on friday night and only on monday morning you find out that one of your client vpses got hacked, they shut down the whole server and you need to restore all data of 60+ vps from the scratch because they refuse to give back the data.

    Once again. I can have an hour long conversation about hetzner fuckups because the company i worked for worked with them for 3 years and had 40+ servers. Hetzner and online.net are the worst places imaginable of conducting multi client business.

    You can say whatever you want but my opinion is well-backed up by experience, data and client loss due to big ass provider fuck ups.

    I can feel for the bad experience you have had with Hetzner but all big providers are not like that.

Sign In or Register to comment.