Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tactical VPS - a few questions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tactical VPS - a few questions

Hi folks,

I just saw an awesome offer from Tactical VPS:

256 MBs of ram

10 GBs of HDD

1 ip4

300 GBs of bw @ 100 mbits

Jacksonville FL

for only 1,75$ paid MONTHLY.

https://billing.tacticalvps.net/whmcs/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=1

The price is great of course and paid monthly seems nice as well. I checked their website a bit and it looks like they just have WHCMS not a real website and that they are in business since November 2013. Quite new. Are there a few users who use their KVM line and can give feedback? Besides is the owner on LET?

Regards and thank you in advance :)

Comments

• For $1.75/mo you don't take much of a risk. Why not try them if you find their offer good? Since they are so new, nobody can had the time to make any real reviews of them.
    As always, maintain your own backups (offsite and/or at home) so if something happens, you can move to a new host really fast, without loosing any important.

• ironhideironhide Member
    edited January 2014

@Ian_ is a good guy with prompt support and responses. So far, always seen positive feedbacks in his offer threads.

• said: November 2013

It think it's from September 2013. So far their service is great.

• Thier service is great, never had downtime, fast I/O, he always trying to improve the node, negotiating with DC, listening to clients, no complaints here, Keep it up Ian..!

• I have 2 OpenVZ in Dallas and 1 KVM in LA From TacticalVPS

They service is great, never had downtime

I am a customer from last month and don't have problem until now

Support is friendly and fast, He was even helping me out to install centos in KVM :)

Keep up the good service

• Thanks guys! Yes we opened up shop in Sept. 2013! I appreciate all the kind words people have to say about our services. @trexos We do offer a 7 day refund policy if you don't like it! If you got any questions feel free to pm me!

• I got trial paid for the offer $1 and try it for 2 VPS. both of it was running great. Hope @lan_ can give more great offer, something like 12$ KVM 512Ram and 100GB BW for ayear maybe :p

• I haven't used the service, this is second thread i read about this provider, however i like the name - TacticalVPS, a bit funny and quite catchy.

• Thanks to all your answers. :)

I just bought a VPS from @Ian_, we already talked in a ticket and he seems to really care about his customers. Quite happy :)

@iSky said:
    I got trial paid for the offer $1 and try it for 2 VPS. both of it was running great. Hope lan_ can give more great offer, something like 12$ KVM 512Ram and 100GB BW for ayear maybe :p

I think that would be nearly too cheap :P But I would buy it :D

• Nothing but praises for this guy and his company, support it top quality, he must be tetherd to his phone checking and checking. Uptime issues are next to none. And he emails his clients with even a minute issue to keep you in the know.

• @iLLagHee said:
    And he emails his clients with even a minute issue to keep you in the know.

Well that is something, I'll love! I don't like most of the hosts way how they inform their people of outakes.

• Yes, support was great and uptime was good. Had a downtime recently on TX node but that was resolved very quickly and proper updates were sent to affected clients.

• @trexos maybe not for commercial but as marketing, you can just throw some of the product for customer to get feedback. as they just being official since sept 2013 then they must give a very hard pressure for the marketing. (IF they're seriously wanna going to be provider hosting services company that can be trusted)

• Thanks again! I do care about all my customers and I do take it personally if something DOES GO wrong! Haha My wife says i need to have my phone and ipad surgically installed lol!

• @Ian_ said:
    Thanks again! I do care about all my customers and I do take it personally if something DOES GO wrong! Haha My wife says i need to have my phone and ipad surgically installed lol!

Let me know when you find someone that can do that :P

• Here is a Serverbear benchmark of the 256 KVM I ran today

http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2014/01/13/kAfnvU7y0RPk1u7h

:)

Thanked by 1Coffee
  • @ironhide said:
    Here is a Serverbear benchmark of the 256 KVM I ran today

http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2014/01/13/kAfnvU7y0RPk1u7h

Which location is that?

• Coffee said: Which location is that?

LA

• Yes that node is getting hit hard with some new orders! Hopefully it will calm down and settle back to the normal

Thanked by 1ironhide
  • CPU model : Six-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 8431 Number of cores : 12 CPU frequency : 2412.433 MHz Total amount of ram : 64559 MB Total amount of swap : 8049 MB System uptime : 8 days, 3:42, Download speed from CacheFly: 108MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 27.0MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 49.5MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 8.54MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 7.10MB/s Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 6.45MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 9.61MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 10.4MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 61.6MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 87.6MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 27.1MB/s I/O speed : 178 MB/s

• @Ian_ IPv6 in Jacksonville?

• @bobby Yes native ipv6 is available in FL and Dallas also!

• CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           L5520  @ 2.27GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency :  2266.832 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 512 MB
    Total amount of swap : 512 MB
    System uptime :   1 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 111MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 46.7MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 101MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 9.52MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 7.09MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 10.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.39MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 11.0MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 29.9MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 31.9MB/s
    I/O speed :  228 MB/s

This is more than enough for $2 VPS.

Thanks @Ian_ - Stay longer on the market, please :P

• Coffee said: Stay longer on the market, please :P

Which node is that?

• @ironhide said:
    Which node is that?

Dallas. I assume this node has less clients.

• Hope you enjoy!

• linuxglobelinuxglobe Member
    edited January 2014

I have 2 vps from TacticalVps, and I'm very happy with this service.I also can recommend it!No downtime, speed connection, so, this is what we need it!Thanks for TacticalVps!

• @linuxglobe I appreciate the comments! Let me know if you ever need anything!

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited January 2014

i have a L.A. Tactical VPS for about a month now, using as primary dns for my home network,

secondary dns is a Asus Eee mini PC, this pc can not run 24/7, most of the time it is off,

a have 3 young ladies living in my home all with smart phones and always on facebook, taged, twitter, video chat, voip, have not had any issues using Tactical VPS as primary dns for my home network.

• Are you planning on expanding to different locations soon @Ian_ ?
    Europe would be cool.