Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Choosing between Prometeus, BudgetVM, Iterserer - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Choosing between Prometeus, BudgetVM, Iterserer

2»

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

In US we do not have KVM and this is what OP needs :(
    Unfortunately, Xen will not run VMWare.

• Prometeus, prometeus, prometeus all the way :)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • My vote to Prometeus..

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • I have no doubt anymore since i got a very much review being made by @erawanarifnugroho at his blog about prometeus. So vote for @maounique prometeus (I order special promo that on your website that you not post it on here and it was crazy)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Prometeus all day erry day.

(Of course I think by now OP gets the point.. but still worth repeating.)

• Another vote for Prometeus. I currently have 7 servers there. Never had any issues at all.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Prometeus all the way...

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • -1 on budgetvm.

Totally my fault for not paying my bill and lossing my data. But it was miss leading that they wanted me to pay 10$ (2x the bill) to restore access to my vm. Considering it was just a blank vm at that point.

edited January 2014

@wojons said:
    -1 on budgetvm.

Totally my fault for not paying my bill and lossing my data. But it was miss leading that they wanted me to pay 10$ (2x the bill) to restore access to my vm. Considering it was just a blank vm at that point.

Yes, this is a point easy to miss, but Prometeus NEVER asks "late fees", doesnt send anyone to the collectors, does not block you for having unpaid bills, doesnt apply "fines", overages, does not have you pay another bill if you forgot to cancel, even restores the data for free if it is still available (not too long passed since the suspension), just stops the unpaid service. You can always come back later, as long as it was no violation of law (spam, hacking, DDoS, fake shops, etc).

I would like to make it clear here that making another account if you missed your bill term is not needed, we do not consider that a bad mark, we do not exclude you from promos, nothing happens whatsoever (except, obviously, the unpaid service going down).
    In fact, opening another account is not allowed, this will mean that, indeed, there is something wrong there and we will look into it, it is also a violation of ToS.

• @Maounique said:
    Yes, this is a point easy to miss, but Prometeus NEVER asks "late fees", doesnt send anyone to the collectors, does not block you for having unpaid bills, doesnt apply "fines", overages, does not have you pay another bill if you forgot to cancel, even restores the data for free if it is still available (not too long passed since the suspension), just stops the unpaid service. You can always come back later, as long as it was no violation of law (spam, hacking, DDoS, fake shops, etc).

And this is why you are one of my favourite providers.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • ITT: Prometeus.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @Maounique said:
    In fact, opening another account is not allowed, this will mean that, indeed, there is something wrong there and we will look into it, it is also a violation of ToS.

Working for a company with high moral values and business ethics must be fun :) Should also be exciting to advocate a company's product when you firmly believe in it's quality yourself. Kudos to you and your team on such an excellent service.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • AND another important fact: Prometeus lets you use the cores you pay for. If your plan includes 4 cores, then you are free to intensely use them. Not like other providers that many people here love cough who cut you off if you use more than 0.9 core of your 4 allocated cores for some hours.

Thanked by 1tux
  • budi1413budi1413 Member
    edited January 2014

And Prometeus vps node always underload as Uncle Sal preference iirc.

Thanked by 1Maounique
    edited January 2014

@budi1413 said:
    And Prometeus vps node always underload as Uncle Sal preference iirc.

This was before we launched OVerZold and now XenPower. We planned those to be eco-friendly and cheap, which means there will be less idle cpu. Frankly, had to do some convincing with him to allow this, but it is such a shame to leave resources unused.
    For example, idle CPU on OVerZold is between 30 and 0%, usually at about 15% while regular OVZ plans are at about 50-70% idle and Biz hardly has some CPU used except when some customer needs the burst. Since XenPower is too new, can't say yet how it will be, but memory run out already on the server we had to test the market and CPU is used less than 50% at all times, including when people are running tests.
    We do not allow bitcoin mining or other "grid computing" such as seti@home and similar, especially on OVZ where setting CPU limits does not work well enough. We do suspend abusers, please be reasonable and play nice with your neighbors.

I am really fortunate to work for someone who does not compromise on morality, at the end of the day, if you have your food and shelter, there is no excuse for going subpar there, in my view. I sleep well knowing the "ship" as Salvatore calls it is in good and caring hands. The old ways of family businesses are slowly declining with the new generation of the global village and governments taking bribes from big corporations, but we can still make a living without lies and deception, while still having friends instead of customers.

Thank you everyone, this is one of the rare moments of satisfaction, most of it should be directed towards Uncle.
    Bows out and goes to sleep.

• @Maounique said:

It is clear now that i went with the wrong provider

• +1 for Prometeus for sure take a look at iwstack.com!

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • mahjongmahjong Member
    edited January 2014

+1 for Prometeus. I didn't like BudgetVm, it seemed quite oversold/slow for me, when i had their vps.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • +1 for Prometeus

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • +1 for Prometeus SSD Dallas Xenpower

Thanked by 1Maounique