Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vps service for iranian user - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

vps service for iranian user

13»

Comments

• @kerouac said:

@William said: (This is known and proven, both by EU and US, also see US terrorist attack involvement which clearly shows that the Saudis have no control over their country and their own Saud family)

I don't even understand what this sentence means. What is the US involvement?

just a comment, language related. I think that what Willem wrote is that Saudi were involved in the Ben Laden bombing on New York City in 11.9.01 (Willem's sentence that you quote: "US terrorist attack involvment which shows that the Saudis have no control over their country and their own Saud family").
    English is not my language, but it seems obvious: "US terrorist attack involvment" (of the Saudi), or: (the Saudi) involvment in the terrorist attack on the US(A).

Which is true: Saudi as the Alma Mater of fundamentalist sunni islam is the root of most jihadism from Algeria to Afghanistan (where it faces Pakistan's own agenda). The guys who planned and executed the 11.9 attack were mostly saudi. So, the demonizations and sanctions against Iran makes no sense, ethically wise AND strategically wise.

• It's lovely that everyone wants to talk on international politics, but @Hchak has a serious question with personal implications. I looked into this recently and only received a positive answer from euroVPS. Even though there is a General License, the hosting companies are not progressive on dealing with Iranian users, so avoid American companies at all cost. For that matter, just avoid the problem altogether by using a circumvention tool and provide an international friend's address when you register and administer the account. Best of luck.

• To be fair, the general license D/D-1 is pretty strict on it being for 'no-cost' personal use only (i.e. meant to foster free speech in Iran). It's pretty clear that it does not allow anything that can be directly or indirectly repurposed for commercial use. American VPS providers unfortunately should not offer paid services to Iran.

• @cda said:
    It's lovely that everyone wants to talk on international politics, but Hchak has a serious question with personal implications. I looked into this recently and only received a positive answer from euroVPS. Even though there is a General License, the hosting companies are not progressive on dealing with Iranian users, so avoid American companies at all cost. For that matter, just avoid the problem altogether by using a circumvention tool and provide an international friend's address when you register and administer the account. Best of luck.

just wanted to add, after a few days of trying, I found that most providers don't want to know if you are iranian or not, so as you said, if you just make the payment and address by an international friend they wont butter if you connect to server from Iran, I found a few providers and registered with one of them now. unfortunatley I cant name them as it may change their policy:) or may put them in trouble, but mostly providers dont care if you DONT mention your are from IR!

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • you sould talk with iranian president and tell him to stop being an $$$%%%%#"!"!! and be friend again from all the world, and then BAM!

the sanction will be removed and you now will be free to chose a US vps.

=)

• seems this should solve the matter, "On February 7, 2014, the Department of the Treasury, in consultation with the Departments of State and Commerce, issued amended Iranian General License D-1 (“GL D-1”), which clarifies certain aspects of GL D and adds certain new authorizations. Effective February 7, 2014, GL D-1 replaces and supersedes in its entirety GL D" in this license its clearly stated that providing such services is authorized, http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Documents/iran_gld1.pdf

for example, one of the newly authorized items is : "The exportation or reexportation, directly or indirectly, of web-hosting services that
    are for commercial endeavors or of domain name registration services. "

• edited February 2014

perennate said: We're based in Canada but I think Canada has same sanctions.

Sanctions against Iran

The latest amendments impose a complete ban on imports from Iran and exports to Iran, subject to certain exemptions ... add an exemption aimed at increasing the availability of consumer communication technologies that contribute to internet freedom ...

Regulations Amending the Special Economic Measures (Iran) Regulations (SOR/2013-108): entered into force on May 29, 2013