Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there providers out there that do not use SolusVM? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are there providers out there that do not use SolusVM?

2»

Comments

• skagerrakskagerrak Member
    edited January 2014

@HardCloud said:
    We will be using OpenNebula soon :).

I like it that some IT-projects start using Latin again. Makes me happy to know why I learned that at school ;-)

• OpenNebula has shown (after our testbed project) to be an extremely resilient system with a lot of features. However, SunStone (the GUI we were testing with) fell very short. We are working on our own webui inhouse we will provide on top of OpenNebula/KVM as the backend.

• @HardCloud said:
    OpenNebula has shown (after our testbed project) to be an extremely resilient system with a lot of features. However, SunStone (the GUI we were testing with) fell very short. We are working on our own webui inhouse we will provide on top of OpenNebula/KVM as the backend.

What was your experience with Sunstone? I'd be interested to hear its shortcomings.

• ObnoxiousObnoxious Member
    edited January 2014

@Virtovo said:

I had trouble with the GUI from HardCloud's testbed. It was too minimal. A lot of it was confusing. The wording, specifically, for things. There were options to "Shutdown" and "Undeploy". They basically did the exact same thing (well, that's from what I could see). A lot of the buttons were confusing because they weren't really intuitive. Too bad I didn't have time to test it more. I wish I did. That was only my first impression though.

• @MikHo said:
    I had a customer saying that cPanel is to confusing. :)

To be fair, cPanel's interface looks and acts like it's from 1998. It's just such an industry standard that most people are used to it.

• @Virtovo said:

As @Obnoxious said; the interface was very unintuitive, and it has a lot of SolusVM's "one machine request is blocking, entire panel will now freeze" issues. "Shutdown" = delete my data please. "Undeploy" = delete my data please, but do it quickly.

It was extremely misleading for users!

"Pause" = "Shutdown and save"
    "Resume" = "Put server back in deployment queue"
    "Deploy" = "Actually deploy and boot my server now."

The buttons are extremely misleading.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Obnoxious said:

Used it only as a test in our Atomic storage plans. Since 1 in 2 people complained, had to stop using it, but I personally liked it a lot.

• @Maounique said:
    Used it only as a test in our Atomic storage plans. Since 1 in 2 people complained, had to stop using it, but I personally liked it a lot.

Oh that's very unfortunate. It would've been great.

Thanked by 1tux
  • @Maounique said:

And I still like it a lot, though I don't need it a lot because it's a backup server.

• Are you ready for our new product called CloudVM and based on VXLAN and proxmox? Web interface to mange your instance is ready only the web design for the gui most be completed.

Features like template reinstall for windows, centos, debian, windows,.. or additional hdd/ssd or internal networks between all our locations should be nice :)

Snapshot from the panel without the new design:

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

We use noc-ps for Xenserver VM-s and Virtualizor for mini XEN-PV plans

• We use Feathur. Nice panel :)