Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there providers out there that do not use SolusVM?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are there providers out there that do not use SolusVM?

I am not very fond of SolusVM. I'm looking for a KVM/Xen VPS. I'm just curious.

Comments

• There are many hosts that do. The two that come to mind are BuyVM (Stallion) and BlueVM (Feathur). There are also hosts that use Proxmox and OnApp.

• CasiusCasius Member
    edited January 2014

BitAccel uses VirtPanel

EDIT: DigitalOcean have their own control panel

Thanked by 2Corey Obnoxious
  • We use Cloudmin.

Thanked by 1Obnoxious
  • Bandwagonhost's KiwiVM is another. I really like KiwiVM and Feathur. Feathur is opensource I wish more hosts adopt them.

Thanked by 1Obnoxious
  • anyNodeanyNode Member, Host Rep

@Obnoxious said:
    I am not very fond of SolusVM. I'm looking for a KVM/Xen VPS. I'm just curious.

We use our own custom panel, and we provide both OpenVZ and KVM services.

You can view our latest offer thread here for some deals: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/19581/anynode-net-low-end-exclusive-64mb-ram-10-year-1gb-ram-6-month-detroit-mi

Thanked by 1Obnoxious
  • We use Feathur.

Thanked by 1Obnoxious
  • i83i83 Member

We don't use SolusVM, all our VPS controls are under the client account area.

Thanked by 1Obnoxious
  • We use HostGuard over at SonicVPS.

Thanked by 1Obnoxious
  • Good links @Spirit :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2014

It depends, we use solus but also cloudstack for the KVM cloud and cloudmin for Xen storage (regular VPSes not cloud) as well as Proxmox for legacy windows (to be discontinued 31st of January) and KVM storage plans.
    So I am not sure if you meant that by saying using, I mean, we use it, but not exclusively.

Thanked by 1Obnoxious
  • @serverian doesn't use solusvm. He have so many branding that i cannot even remember. :p

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

We use OnApp

Thanked by 1Obnoxious
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@mcmyhost said:
    We use Feathur.

I think Feathur is very cool.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

RAM Host has a custom panel, and I'm not sure if that's still the case, but EDIS used to as well. And as mentioned, Backupsy/Winity/VPSDime/etc. all have a custom (WHMCS-integrated) panel as well.

Thanked by 1Obnoxious
  • MelonMelon Member
    edited January 2014

joepie91 said: RAM Host has a custom panel, and I'm not sure if that's still the case, but EDIS used to as well.

I'm a customer of both providers, and they both still use custom panels.

Torqhost uses its own 'TorqCP', but only for my OpenVZ VPS -- KVM uses SolusVM.

• We use Virtualizor w/ KVM.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2014

We (Luna Node) use SolusVM on our SSD KVM plans but the rest of our plans use a custom control panel. Probably we'll stick with OpenStack when we start offering VM's in Scranton.

Thanked by 1Obnoxious
  • +1 Virtualizor. Because it's friendly ^^ IMO

• We starting our new own panel in 1 or 2 weeks. We started our development for it 1.5 years ago. To create hardware and software architecture for it. We spent most time for proxmox patches..perl i hate it. It is based on the modulesgarden proxmox cloud panel but with lot's of custom development. Template reinstall is included, clone vm functions, additional hdd management, public/internal network an so on. Features which offers not much other companies. Panel communicates with our mikrotik routers, reinstall system and dns management system. Most time needed to implement VXLAN into proxmox to provide internal network features for each customer.

Do you want to see a screenshot, no problem :)

Thanked by 2Zen Obnoxious
  • 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited January 2014

@fileMEDIA said:
    We starting our new own panel in 1 or 2 weeks. We started our development for it 1.5 years ago. To create hardware and software architecture for it. We spent most time for proxmox patches..perl i hate it. It is based on the modulesgarden proxmox cloud panel but with lot's of custom development. Template reinstall is included, clone vm functions, additional hdd management, public/internal network an so on. Features which offers not much other companies. Panel communicates with our mikrotik routers, reinstall system and dns management system. Most time needed to implement VXLAN into proxmox to provide internal network features for each customer.

Do you want to see a screenshot, no problem :)

That's pretty damn awesome!

• @fapvps said:
    We use Cloudmin.

You just got my attention!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Cloudmin is cool, too bad few people use it and customers think it is too complicated :(
    I had to give up the idea of extending the range of products using it due to complains it has too many options :o

• @Maounique said:
    Cloudmin is cool, too bad few people use it and customers think it is too complicated :(
    I had to give up the idea of extending the range of products using it due to complains it has too many options :o

Which of your plan comes with Cloudmin? I know you mentionned xen storage, but I can't seem to figure out which one is which. BIZ uses SolusVM, Dallas Xen uses SolusVM, XenPower uses SolusVM. I'm confused. D:

• 0xdragon said: That's pretty damn awesome!

Thanks, i hope i can post the new version and gui design soon.

• VDS6VDS6 Member
    edited January 2014

We use billmanager billing + vemanager vps management control panel to provide total automation of services and almost close to 0 support intervention in processes like ip order, rdns management, additional ram, bandwidth, cpu order and so on.

Thanked by 1Obnoxious
  • @mpkossen said:
    @Maounique said:

Cloudmin is a very mature, stable and reliable piece of software. It really does have tons of features but it is possible to make it work. We have disabled most of the "complicated" features on the customers end and only left the absolute basics. Some customers still found it complicated and confusing. Our VPN for Graphical Console further complicates things but we believe in security and stability over ease and convenience.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I had a customer saying that cPanel is to confusing. :)

• skagerrakskagerrak Member
    edited January 2014

@MikHo said:
    I had a customer saying that cPanel is to confusing. :)

Well, cPanel is indeed confusing. It's alias is "The Labyrinth". You're just good at using it if 1) you've never used a straight forwardly designed CP, 2) you like web 1.0 website designs and get along with minimal font/graphics on retina/hd-displays, 3) you have no clue about the technical background of administration, 4) you like redundant/irrelevant set-ups (subdomains of the main-domain for every addon-domain without any reason...), 5) and so on.

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • We will be using OpenNabula soon :).

Thanked by 1Obnoxious