Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost VPS Review (New Years Special) - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost VPS Review (New Years Special)

124»

Comments

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Using @GreenValueHost Special #3 for Backup Purpose. Don't know How long I'll be able to keep My Backup files there ! However, I hope this little rsync System (cPremote) won't abuse their CPU ever :-P

• +1 @GreenValueHost for your changes mentioned above, i think its positive outcome for keeping customers well for me anyway.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited January 2014

@Jupiter said:

You should go ask them and once again, in with the same crap you have posted in every other LEB post/LET threads. Something fresh please.

:)

• JupiterJupiter Member
    edited January 2014

INIZ said: You should go ask them and once again

Maybe I already did bonehead ... Go chargeback your bus ticket now ... :)

• ahmiqahmiq Member
    edited January 2014

@kcobra said:
    +1. Pretty much customer service 101 right there. Help desk abuse is hilarious. Learn something new every day.

LOL WHAT A CRAPPY PROVIDER. THANK GOD i didnt buy from them. their CS is rude as i see from the tickets

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2014

INIZ said: If you don't agree with a companies policy then don't sign up but then again people agree to them at sign up without even reading them and then get bit and moan.

There are a lot of people that signed up and then, the TOS changed with this rule. I am thinking to abandon GHV, even so I originally grabbed that box for backing up a website. I think that policies of suspension have to be case by case and that if you advertize, you HAVE to write in your offer, even in the title that "YOU CAN USE ONLY 50% OF YOUR CPU ALLOCATION"

@painfreepc If there is an add that states something, that should override their TOS because every offer is (supposed to be) special compared to normal sale from a provider's site. So, if there are some different rules in the offer, those rules are in use for the vps that a customer bought from the offer.

GreenValueHost said: If anyone here wishes to make 100% sure that they do not get suspended for CPU abuse, they are more than welcome to ticket in and request for us to cut their CPU allocation in half.

Why don't you do that for default and advertize it?

GreenValueHost said: if you're a legitimate user, the unsuspension fee would be waived. Once again, legitimate clients shouldn't be afraid of our abuse policies.

And why do you need such policy? Threaten of suspension fee for ALL of your users, when you have TOS against users abusing your service? You can easily ban abusers if they break TOS, and kick them out of your company, without any fee.

There is a way to do business and you have to learn from the great majority of the well respected providers here that has tons of nodes and clients and a lot of people as staff. TOS like "if you submit ticket to wrong department is abusing my support system" can be written only by kiddie hosts and not by a serious director of a company who wants to be grown as business and have a friendly approach to his clients.

EDITED: Changes seem very good, this is the best behavior a provider can show: when lot of people complain, in the end he didn't said "hey all you, I have wright and you all are telling BS" but he changed his rules and TOS according to what he has been said by customers/LET users. kudos from me

• GVH is one of LET's largest and most popular budget providers. One of the main differences between us and our competitors who are also "big scale" budget providers is that we listen to what our customers have to say and we do what we can to satisfy them.

If any clients here have any further sugestions, please by all means feel free to voice them. A few announcements will go out later today.

• Excellent response from @GreenValueHost. I'm surprised by the amount of interest my original review generated - i was fairly happy with the service for the cost.

People and companies aren't perfect - everyone makes mistakes. In hindsight it seems they have realised that their response to abusers may have been overly harsh and too encompassing - they've listened to users and made further changes. You can't really ask for more than that.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

GreenValueHost said: GVH is one of LET's largest and most popular budget providers. One of the main differences between us and our competitors who are also "big scale" budget providers is that we listen to what our customers have to say and we do what we can to satisfy them.

If any clients here have any further sugestions, please by all means feel free to voice them. A few announcements will go out later today.

Still waiting to hear why you're not setting the maximum CPU allocation to the maximum allowed usage.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited January 2014

@GreenValueHost said:
    GVH is one of LET's largest and most popular budget providers. One of the main differences between us and our competitors who are also "big scale" budget providers is that we listen to what our customers have to say and we do what we can to satisfy them.

Or create a customer services disaster in the first place. As I said before, kudos to the change but don't start pi**ing on other people.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited January 2014

@Jupiter said:
    Maybe I already did bonehead ... Go chargeback your bus ticket now ... :)

Sorry, last time I used a bus was years ago.

I'm in need of a chauffeur to be honest :)

Also:
    http://lowendbox.com/blog/iniz-2-75month-1024mb-openvz-vps-in-buffalo-chicago-la-netherlands/#comment-112843

Still waiting for HMRC to get back to me, let me know when you're done with the boring old slander and threats.

What joss said in that LEB comment is spot on:

Steven, as a former tax inspector, stop being a douche. What you propose will get you no where. You’re obviously not very bright or you would know there is a totally different department people threaten with in the UK for what you want. I’m not tell you, go and figure it out.

• @GreenValueHost it seems I owe you an apology, I did receive an email from you when my services where suspended, however it was flagged as spam by google.

So, sorry :)

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited January 2014

@namhuy said:
    Normally if I submit to wrong department, most of providers I have been with would easily help me to transfer that ticket/tickets to the correctly one without any hassle.

Gotta agree with this.

̶S̶e̶r̶i̶o̶u̶s̶l̶y̶,̶ ̶J̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶g̶i̶m̶m̶i̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶u̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶k̶.̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶p̶ ̶w̶r̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶d̶e̶p̶a̶r̶t̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶u̶t̶e̶?̶ ̶A̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶e̶r̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶J̶o̶h̶n̶n̶y̶ ̶5̶?̶

edit: Not malfunction Stephanie. Number 5 is alive.

Thanked by 2MorningIris namhuy
  • @HostNun said

Wow, dear sister, don't let the devil take control of your tongue.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • My VPS has been great would highly recommend! :-) @GreenValueHost Thanks for all your hardwork. You are too nice to people. The policy on the CPU I'm not really sure about, it would of still been a good deal if you have just said two 2cores per VPS instead of 4, even 1 would be fine by me.

• @HostNun said:
    Seriously, Jon, gimmie a fucking break. beep boop wrong support department does not compute? Are you literally Johnny 5?

I wonder how a real Christian nun would think of this statement. Devil caught your tongue?

• @GreenValueHost said:
    said: I wonder how a real Christian nun would think of this statement. Devil caught your tongue?

I wonder how a real Businessman would think of your TOS

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @amhoab said:
    Wow, dear sister, don't let the devil take control of your tongue.

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited January 2014

@GreenValueHost said:
    I wonder how a real Christian nun would think of this statement.

I asked one and she agreed with me. EDIT: anon-e-mouse from WHT more or less said the same thing to us after our remarks in their helpdesk and a True Christian Nun agreed with our response to her there too.

Don't mind me, then. Carry on!

[hobbles away]

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Hi, bought a storage vps 2 hours ago, but still showing pending.

Am I getting it? Thx

• Provisioning takes a couple of hours - they manually check each order