Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost VPS Review (New Years Special) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost VPS Review (New Years Special)

Comments

• @GreenValueHost said:
    raza19 - We will only issue you a refund if you submit a ticket to our BILLING department.

Now can I post the same ticket text to the billing department without triggering helpdesk abuse ? honestly this smells fishy :) !

& u also talk of "no-hassle returns", what the heck wud u consider a hassle then? epic waste of my time....

• isalemisalem Member
    edited January 2014

@raza19 said:
    Now can I post the same ticket text to the billing department without triggering helpdesk abuse ? honestly this smells fishy :) !

This.

If you go on with it, please let me know how it goes, As i'm stuck in the exact same issue right now.

• High Spec, Mass Order For Spesial Offer, Crazy ToS,AUP and Fee Charged For Unsuspension, Insane Refund Issues, maybe i should wait for a while until all is calm down before login into the VPS i ordered from them last 2 weeks for THE FIRST TIME

• @iSky said:
    High Spec, Mass Order For Spesial Offer, Crazy ToS,AUP and Fee Charged For Unsuspension, Insane Refund Issues, maybe i should wait for a while until all is calm down before login into the VPS i ordered from them last 2 weeks for THE FIRST TIME

get a refund.

Thanked by 1iSky
  • @darkshire said:
    get a refund.

Problem is, how do you get a refund without being marked as an abusive user in their helpdesk system and get terminated for that cause? We're technically stuck.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @darkshire said:
    get a refund.

maybe i should :D
    but still wanna wait to see what will @GreenValueHost do with all this complaining about their "Crazy" ToS and AUP especially all of the member in this discussion talking about, 1. Fee Charge for unsuspension
    2. Abusive ticket issue about refund

• @MorningIris said:
    I opened another ticket asking suspension, their answer, I'm abusing their ticket....

What were you running on your VPS for CPU suspension.

• @lukesUbuntu said:
    What were you running on your VPS for CPU suspension.

I'm as well interested what you were running that used more then 50% of 8 CPUs

• @FXtalk said:
    I'm as well interested what you were running that used more then 50% of 8 CPUs

Me as well.

• ReeceReece Member
    edited January 2014

I guess it just shows how much you really do oversell those poor E3's with 4GB RAM VPS's!

No wonder miners having been "causing issues" :/

Thanked by 1ironhide
  • @Reece said:
    I guess it just shows how much you really do oversell those poor E3's with 4GB RAM VPS's!

No wonder miners having been "causing issues" :/

hmmm the what the main point then ? is the Miner that make the provider made crazy ToS or the provider that do oversell to the customers ?

• @GreenValueHost said:
    MorningIris isn't telling the whole truth.

We do have that policy, however the reason that we didn't handle his tickets is because he submitted ABUSE TICKETS in our technical support department. Our TECHS CANNOT handle abuse inquires. We kept notifying him that he was in violation of our helpdesk policies however he kept on submitting tickets into our tech dept. instead of our abuse department.

In my opinion, you're abusing your clients. Most companies just forward the request over to the correct department, takes a few seconds.

This is pretty crazy for a company to do, fees left and right.

• @tragic said:
    This is pretty crazy for a company to do, fees left and right.

I'm more than willing to pay that $5 fee but I need to get this overwith!

• INIZ said: If you don't agree with a companies policy then don't sign up but then again people agree to them at sign up without even reading them and then get bit and moan.

or like you change the TOS then move servers to another country and then moan about your customers complaining ...

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited January 2014

@Jupiter said:
    or like you change the TOS then move servers to another country and then moan about your customers complaining ...

Ah still hurt I guess, i'm not sorry we closed your account for chargebacks (and if I remember correctly lost). I think you'll find within the month this occurred several UK hosts moved out due to 10Gbps+ constant DDoS 24x7. We looked and found an alternative within EU whilst others forced customers to US. I think you're the only one complaining from the migration, we offered account credit and improvement in hardware from old E5520 CPU to E3/E5s etc as well and that cost a lot more.

I don't think I need to explain further, us being voted #3 in Q3 and continous positive reviews since then says more then your little angry attacks everywhere we pop up. It doesn't hurt unfortunately, we're doing great and growing massively :)

I remember those days we were renting out small boxes, now purchasing brand new HP/SuperMicro latest gen hardware, owning full rack space in a very rare US location where costs are extremely high, enterprise networking gear etc etc.

Much 'Love',
    Patrick :).

PS. Go use website archive and check our TOS for stormvz and compare to iniz, our terms have been the same with minor changes such as recently disallowing cryto currency mining. Our chargeback and refund policy has always been the same.

• JupiterJupiter Member
    edited January 2014

INIZ said: Ah still hurt I guess, i'm not sorry we closed your account for chargebacks (and if I remember correctly lost)

i never lost anything to feel pain dude. Its just your attitude that breaks my nerves ...

INIZ said: It doesn't hurt unfortunately, we're doing great and growing massively :)

Delusional as usual. Last time i recall you even charged back your own datacenter in the UK for few hundred bucks ... vps tycoon my ...

• In response to the complaints that we have received both in this thread and in our helpdesk, as well as a response to the mass cancellation requests we've received as a result of our new policy, a few changes will be made to our company.

1. Our helpdesk abuse policies will be revoked from our Terms of Service. The technical support department will be renamed the Customer Service department and will be a department which can be used for technical support, misc. sales, and billing inquires. The abuse and management departments will remain separate departments, however we are going to make extensive efforts in making support for those departments more available beyond our official listed business hours.

2. Our CPU usage bursting policy will be modified. Rather than 50%, customers will be able to burst up to 80% of their allocated CPU for up to 120 seconds during peak times. Customers will no longer be suspended for the first few violations (if they are unintentional, meaning if we vzctl into the container, we shouldn't find that you were running CPU minor, malicious scripts, or anything of the sort). Instead, containers will be shut down temporarily and customers will be notified. Upon notification they are able to boot back up their container any time they please and resolve the issue on their own. If we deem that they are unable to resolve the issue after extensive attempts to work with the client, a suspension may be issued after several repeat violations of failing to attempt to cooperate with us on resolving CPU abuse issues. Fees will NOT be assessed for unsuspensions, meaning that the unsuspension fees policy will be revoked.

3. We are going to make extensive efforts in upgrading the hardware of our nodes and we are currently looking into purchasing Dual Xeon E5s for our upcoming promotions in Texas, and also will be looking to offer IPv6 as well for better customer satisfaction.

4. A Quality Assurance department will be created and a quality assurance team will be hired. We will read and listen to all complaints and suggestions that our customers and past customers have to say and we will take them into high consideration and use them to improve the quality of our customer service and hosting experience.

5. Clients who have been inconvenienced in the past (previous to the posting of this reply) by our helpdesk abuse or harsh CPU usage policies will be eligible to receive compensation upon approval of management.

6. Clients whom have several services with us and/or have high priority services, such as virtual servers for the purpose of reselling, or virtual servers for hosting clients, will be given an emergency telephone number (upon request) in which they can call or SMS text that will forward to our systems administrators and management personnel.

These policies will be implemented and engraved in stone in our Terms of Service later on tonight, or by the latest, tomorrow.

Comments, feedback, and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

• Jon
  • Solid changes for the better IMHO.

+1

• @GreenValueHost said:

Comments, feedback, and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

• Jon

Kudos if you hold true on all of that.

• ok well this sounds better for sure.

• It's only going to get better and better for consumers, I promise. We have a lot of things planned and in the process of our mass expansion, we're keeping our existing clients in mind and will give rewards for their loyalty.

Hint: Customer Loyalty Program is coming soon!

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited January 2014

Customer Loyalty Program......

I guess "Less over sale Program" tackles all problems, xD jk

• @GreenValueHost said:
    In response to the complaints that we have received both in this thread and in our helpdesk, as well as a response to the mass cancellation requests we've received as a result of our new policy, a few changes will be made to our company.

I believed your changes were well-intended, however I didn't agree with the wording chosen. I'm glad to see the changes you made just now as they better fit your intent.

Thanks!

• @GreenValueHost

is there going to be any change in the cron 5 minute interval policy or... ?

• @darkshire - That clause will be removed.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2014

GreenValueHost said: Our CPU usage bursting policy will be modified. Rather than 50%, customers will be able to burst up to 80% of their allocated CPU for up to 120 seconds during peak times.

This does not solve the issue, it just changes the numbers. You're still allocating 20% that customers can never use.

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • ATHKATHK Member
    edited January 2014

GreenScamHost has been registered. ;)

• People still allow him to vendor to this audience after several incidents including selling off his customer base.

If upset.. stop enabling this type of behavior.

• JupiterJupiter Member
    edited January 2014

More reasonable approach. i am buying again ...

They also refunded me within a day no questions asked. I think they deserve some credit for listening and reacting to customer outcry.

Thx to original poster

• yahoo !!!

But would be good if the CPU cap was removed buy allocating only the said 80% as all mentioned.