Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High Ram VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

High Ram VPS

2»

Comments

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

wojons said: Do you have a larger special? just trying to find the best price ratio

Nope, for now the 4 GB plan is the largest, you can merge 2 plans into 1 though :)

• @wojons said:
    Do you have any other specials of this nature maybe more maybe less depending on the specs?

Do you have any specifications? We can do a custom plan for you if you wish.

• @craigb and @ATHK my apologies but it was never intended to fool anyone. I did state that its paid quarterly on my post.

• @SpeedBus said:
    We have a special's plan which was for a new years offer some stock left over,

4 GB RAM

4 GB vSWAP

60 GB HDD

3 TB bandwidth @ 100 Mbit/sec (outgoing) and Free incoming bandwidth

10 IPv6 and 1 IPv4 included

8 Core shared CPU (Dual L5520)

$7/month

https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=115

is it possible to get it from lenoir or kansas nodes?

skxp said: is it possible to get it from lenoir or kansas nodes?

Yep, but you'll get a different CPU (Dual L5420) and 3 TB total bandwidth.

• i think it means eight cores shared but L5420, ok if its possible lenoir is my first choice please send me pm with links to signup/or post here. i will get it today

• @SpeedBus said:

Would i have access to 16 cores then?

• @FrapHost said:

I gave some ideas on specs above. Since the application i am building is distrobuted it really depends on the price to perfomance/specs ratio i can get and in which location and how many phsycial nodes the provider has in that location. Going to spend a few hundred dollers on budget machines to run this application. Some machines are for storage some processing some collecting of stats it just depends.

edited January 2014

wojons said: Would i have access to 16 cores then?

8 cores for now :)

skxp said: i think it means eight cores shared but L5420, ok if its possible lenoir is my first choice please send me pm with links to signup/or post here. i will get it today

Yup, 8 cores of Dual L5420, order the same plan and mention "provision in NC" in the notes during checkout and we'll do it :) https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=115

• @SpeedBus said:
    Yup, 8 cores of Dual L5420, order the same plan and mention "provision in NC" in the notes during checkout and we'll do it :) https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=115

am i able to run a serverbear benchmark on the vm?

• @FrapHost said:

I would like to run a serverbear benchmark if thats alright with u

• @FrapHost said:
    craigb and ATHK my apologies but it was never intended to fool anyone. I did state that its paid quarterly on my post.

The post made total sense and it's still a great deal, the order page however comes across as it's $7 quarterly (we can only dream right?).

wojons said: am i able to run a serverbear benchmark on the vm?

Yeah sure, you can run a benchmark on the VPS.

• @SpeedBus said:
    Yeah sure, you can run a benchmark on the VPS.

Was looking at ur sig and you have an offer for 30$ a year. Which is not to different from the offer you gave me before why is there a large major price differance but not major spec differernce

• @wojons said:
    Was looking at ur sig and you have an offer for 30$ a year. Which is not to different from the offer you gave me before why is there a large major price differance but not major spec differernce

The offer in his signature is out of stock

wojons said: Was looking at ur sig and you have an offer for 30$ a year. Which is not to different from the offer you gave me before why is there a large major price differance but not major spec differernce

The $30/year plan is pretty limited in stock, I may add 1 or 2 more stock of that plan (there are a 2 unpaid orders for that plan sitting here).

Bogdacutuu said: The offer in his signature is out of stock

Yup, I may add 1 or 2 depending on if the unpaid orders in the list don't clear out by today :)

• @speedbus

after reading your terms of service it looks all straight forward just wanted to know. There is the stranded line about if your usage effects other nodes on the same machine then the node gets restarted blah blah. How do you messure that I know some providers say you can only use a load average of 2 for an extended period of time and so on.

wojons said: after reading your terms of service it looks all straight forward just wanted to know. There is the stranded line about if your usage effects other nodes on the same machine then the node gets restarted blah blah. How do you messure that I know some providers say you can only use a load average of 2 for an extended period of time and so on.

Hi,

Basically, if your VPS does not affect others on the node, we don't do anything, but the moment your VPS starts to affect others we'll reboot and let you know about load in a ticket :) We don't have any specific CPU usage % or Load set, as long as it won't affect others, no problems.

• @SpeedBus said:
    Basically, if your VPS does not affect others on the node, we don't do anything, but the moment your VPS starts to affect others we'll reboot and let you know about load in a ticket :) We don't have any specific CPU usage % or Load set, as long as it won't affect others, no problems.

This makes it a little hard to know if your application is going to effect other people or not or when t would be time to get another node Does this also apply to kvm? Does restarting happen offen?

edited January 2014

wojons said: This makes it a little hard to know if your application is going to effect other people or not or when t would be time to get another node Does this also apply to kvm? Does restarting happen offen?

Hi,

We won't restart you often, it'll be once restarted and ticketed to make the client aware of why it was rebooted along with CPU usage proof as well. We rarely reboot containers these days to be honest, we ticket the client first most of the time, unless the load is far too high (maxing out all cores etc) then we are forced to reboot the container.

• @SpeedBus said:
    We won't restart you often, it'll be once restarted and ticketed to make the client aware of why it was rebooted along with CPU usage proof as well. We rarely reboot containers these days to be honest, we ticket the client first most of the time, unless the load is far too high (maxing out all cores etc) then we are forced to reboot the container.

This makes a lot of sense i know i have placed an order with you. I have a few orders to place with a few venders here that were very useful. Wanted to know when you offer vSwap what is that exactly. Is that the same as bursting where there is chance that the kernel will OOM my process?

wojons said: This makes a lot of sense i know i have placed an order with you. I have a few orders to place with a few venders here that were very useful. Wanted to know when you offer vSwap what is that exactly. Is that the same as bursting where there is chance that the kernel will OOM my process?

It's emulated swap, which is emulated to run slower which makes applications feel it's running on real swap and hence giving better performance in many cases, http://openvz.org/VSwap